It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 7.1 - MAULE, CHILE

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Seismogram for La Paz, Bolivia showing a good signal

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Have been looking for reports
coming in - with telephones
down it may take a while to
get news from the area.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Chill out, guys, nothing happened here. Just some injuried people at a church and nothing else.
We are used to this, you'll see.. this would have been an EARTHQUAKE in other places of the world, here was just a "tremor" and nothing else....
It was fun to see my room's lamp spinning, but still, nothing to get alarmed of.

We're so used to this...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caggy
Chill out, guys, nothing happened here. Just some injuried people at a church and nothing else.
We are used to this, you'll see.. this would have been an EARTHQUAKE in other places of the world, here was just a "tremor" and nothing else....
It was fun to see my room's lamp spinning, but still, nothing to get alarmed of.

We're so used to this...

I am so glad that it was not worse. I really can't relate to the people on here and other sites that appear to relish the doom and the worst possible scenario! Stay safe!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
hahaha don't worry.... is true that we're used to this kind of quakes, but we all have a working flashlight and some water saved just in case since 27F. We all know the safe spots at our homes too. I live in a very old flat that have passed through 5 big ones and it's still almost undamaged. Buildings here are all anti seismical and that's why there's no casualties under this circumstances.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Reports of the ocean receding - starting to look like possible Tsunami

earthquake-report.com...

People are saying that the ocean has retreated up to 40 meters.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caggy
hahaha don't worry.... is true that we're used to this kind of quakes, but we all have a working flashlight and some water saved just in case since 27F. We all know the safe spots at our homes too. I live in a very old flat that have passed through 5 big ones and it's still almost undamaged. Buildings here are all anti seismical and that's why there's no casualties under this circumstances.

I realize the places that have the greatest chance of the "Big One" are best designed to withstand what buildings in my area, (the East Coast) would not! We also have working flashlights, generators, extra water, dry food, etc. etc. for different events,,,although in the end it means the same thing...TRY TO BE PREPARED!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

This is a prelude to the 7.6 that will hit SF on Friday 3/30. 2nd line.
reply to post by UnBreakable

Why do you think a 7.6 will hit there on that precise date? You don't think they may have an EQ on the 29th?

Just wondering where you got this info from.

wonder what he is rimes with jok'in

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Could this be a "fore shock"?

I have noticed unusual earthquake patterns around the Ring of Fire these past few days.

A lot of action in the southern hemisphere portion of the ring.

How can we tell if this is a "fore shock" or not?

Do we just wait and see?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by elrem48

we are always prepared, my friend. We're used to this, we had one of the biggest quakes in the human history in the 60s... how not to be prepared?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

You are doing the right thing in putting this information out there because this is so real and yes there are many more earthquakes to come! The world will end "as we know it" this year. Do not be fooled, wake up and noticed everything going on around you.Except Jesus as your savior and ask for him to forgive your sins. Up there in Wisconsin there will be a strong earthquake and it will open the great lakes just like Edger Casey predicted.To some people I plead you to become more humble and do not think change won't happen because it will.And to those who doubt what I'm saying, I just have one thing to say.....WAIT AND SEE

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by WONDER39
reply to post by PuterMan

You are doing the right thing in putting this information out there because this is so real and yes there are many more earthquakes to come! The world will end "as we know it" this year. Do not be fooled, wake up and noticed everything going on around you.Except Jesus as your savior and ask for him to forgive your sins. Up there in Wisconsin there will be a strong earthquake and it will open the great lakes just like Edger Casey predicted.To some people I plead you to become more humble and do not think change won't happen because it will.And to those who doubt what I'm saying, I just have one thing to say.....WAIT AND SEE

I have just one thing to say to you ....
BOLLOCKS !!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Caggy

Good to see a chilean here. I've been in Arica many times and I'm full aware of what a Tsunami means for that area. I got a question for you. What can you tell us about Marcelo Lagos theory?

I got this video where he explains it, seems to make sense. Too bad it isn't translated.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
In before.....ForeShockTard.

Oh wait, too late, damnit.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Damn Pacific Ring of Fire... Daaamn!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by AaronWilson

We are three months into the year and have had 4 mag 7 quakes. At that rate we would have 16 by the end of the year. That is well under the rate of 22 in the last couple of years.

Same goes for mag 6. Currently the average is on the low side. 21 Dec 2012 is going to be a damp squib at this rate

But people don't like actual data here on ATS when they claim that the amount of storms, earthquakes, disasters etc is increasing every single year and the world is surely ending soon, how dare you sir!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
This actually scares me a lot. I had a dream when I was 11 years old and I was too young to know anything outside of my everyday life. anyway, I remember it vividly. I woke up panicked and tried to find out if there was a place that I had seen in my dream and even tried to find the People I had seen in my dream (they were red people with dark hair and round faces) I was very fair as a child so they were very different to me.

Didn't even have anyone at school who looked like them either. I borrowed a book from the library from school and took it home and in that book, I found out that the place I had seen was South America and that is the day that I found out about America (the only thing I knew about America was the Vietnam war cos that was on tele)

It was a very scarey dream to have as a child and especially as I never knew about this place or the People so now to see that this place has had 2 earthquakes in a short period is very scarey. I don't like the end of the world bs with 2012 but 2012 has everything to do with the Aztecs and it is the end of their way of life for them.... South American's (most of them) that is their old culture and if my dream is an indication of things to come.... a major natural event will occur in that region.

scarey stuff and the weird thing is that I dreamt this before I had any knowledge of the place and well before the 2012 end of the world hype on the net.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkest4

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by AaronWilson

We are three months into the year and have had 4 mag 7 quakes. At that rate we would have 16 by the end of the year. That is well under the rate of 22 in the last couple of years.

Same goes for mag 6. Currently the average is on the low side. 21 Dec 2012 is going to be a damp squib at this rate

But people don't like actual data here on ATS when they claim that the amount of storms, earthquakes, disasters etc is increasing every single year and the world is surely ending soon, how dare you sir!

No, no, no. We accept facts and data. We mostly disagree with the idea of "the end of the world".

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by csulli456

Could this be a "fore shock"?

Indeed it could be. I think probably not but it is possible. I would say 70/30 against.

Do we just wait and see?

Yup. Not much else you can do.

reply to post by tauristercus

I have just one thing to say to you ....
BOLLOCKS

(I realise this was not to me by the way) Great Hairy Testicles of Doom! Succinct and to the point and very nicely put!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join