It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why i dont belive in God

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastersmurfie
Atrocious spelling and grammar aside, I have to semi agree with ninjas4321. The first point, "simply a story". Exactly!

@ Lionhearte...

Did your flying "spigetti" monster influence the creation of a book which is thousands of years old, written by over 40 different meatballs, and prophesied the end from the beginning, proving it's authenticity?

If someone wrote this "book" in today's time, would it not be considered a work of fiction? If someone claimed to be the messiah, or "Jesus" in today's time, what would happen to them? Would they be taken seriously?
In my opinion, the "book" that is used today was re-interpreted from earlier "religions". Before Christianity, people worshiped the sun...

Gonna go off on a slight tangent here...I believe in what I can see, touch, smell, hear, and taste. In my 42 years on this planet I have never seen, touched, smelled, heard, or tasted anything that I consider "God".

I simply cannot believe in "god". A higher power, perhaps, but not "god"as others do.

This is my opinion, and until I can be shown otherwise, it will always be my opinion.

The reason you cannot "see, touch, smell, hear, and taste" God, is because you are not from God. You do not know Him. I am not assuming or judging your soul, but I am observing the fruit you bear - and the words of your mouth "I simply cannot believe in "god"".

Sounds cliche, sure. But why is it that there are Christians who can "feel", "see" and "hear" God? Who have seen his works and his miracles? Who actually study the scriptures and find no fault with it - rather, find perfect evidence that the author of the Bible (God) actually exists?

However, to answer your question - actually I'll have Jesus answer it for you - John 4:48 - "Unless you people see miraculous signs and wonders," Jesus told him, "you will never believe."

That man, Jesus, performed his miracles, and the greatest one of all - the Resurrection - it is what us Christians place all of our faith in. As the Apostle Paul said, if the Christ never rose from the dead, all our faith would be for NOTHING.

And of course, the Resurrection has been proven. At the very least, JESUS himself has been proven. There are very few who doubt his existence - whether he was just a man or was God is still debated, which is silly. It's impossible for Jesus to be "just a man". Christianity would not have sprung up just 'out of nowhere', between the Jews and the Romans? They'd never allow it.

Truthfully though, a man will come who will perform miracles and wonders - and the world will follow him. And he will set himself up in God's temple and claim to be God himself.

When this happens, I hope you remember my words, as you will not be beyond "saving". God will always forgive you, should you ask for it.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninjas4321
this post will be about the resons why i dont belive in god

the first reson is that no one can define God or tell me what he is he also cannot be seen heard or toched so he is simply a story.

You go to other people for answers like that? Oh, you're lucky, I got to people to punch me in the face.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

But why is it that there are Christians who can "feel", "see" and "hear" God? Who have seen his works and his miracles? Who actually study the scriptures and find no fault with it - rather, find perfect evidence that the author of the Bible (God) actually exists?

Simply, because that is how Christians are taught. Not so simply, show me the miracles. Show me the proof of Jesus' resurrection...not something that this book of yours told us happened.

Please don't get me wrong. Iwant to believe in "God", but I cannot in my current (current for a really long time...) state of mind. To be blunt, my mom wasn't so lucky

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mastersmurfie
reply to post by Lionhearte

But why is it that there are Christians who can "feel", "see" and "hear" God? Who have seen his works and his miracles? Who actually study the scriptures and find no fault with it - rather, find perfect evidence that the author of the Bible (God) actually exists?

Simply, because that is how Christians are taught. Not so simply, show me the miracles. Show me the proof of Jesus' resurrection...not something that this book of yours told us happened.

Please don't get me wrong. Iwant to believe in "God", but I cannot in my current (current for a really long time...) state of mind. To be blunt, my mom wasn't so lucky

Taught what? Taught how to love? Taught what it really means to forgive? Taught what it's like to belong to a family; to belong to something greater? ..or do you mean taught to donate 20%?

The miracles are everywhere. You just need to know where to look. For me? I could give you the testimony of my mother. Like in 2005, when she went septic. Septic is when your body turns to poison, essentially. With Anti-Biotics, you have a 50% chance of survival. One particular night while in the hospital, her vitals dropped drastically and she was in immense pain (Note that she did pass away twice before that night, and they resuscitated her).

She could not speak, as she had tubes down her throat - but she wrote on a piece of paper "something for pain". My father asked the nurses to do something, but they couldn't - my mother had no circulation, and in FACT, she was not on ANY ANTI-BIOTICS. AT ALL. Even when she was a week ago, she only had a 5% chance of survival, and she wasn't as bad as she was that night.

My family gathered in and laid hands on her, and prayed. Simple enough prayer, we just asked for God to take the pain away.. and what happened? After we said the prayer, we felt warmth come out of our hands and into her body.

Instantly, her pain was gone.
Soon after, her vitals returned to normal.
Two weeks later, she was released. She lived.

Now, as for the proof of Jesus' resurrection, you don't have to take my word for it, nor the Bible's. You can take the word from Non-Christian sources. You can read letters recovered from the first century which talk about the resurrection, and this historical figure known as The Christ -

Here's one.
Here's another site.
Another for good measure.
...and another for the hell of it.

Now, it's your choice to believe me or not. But let me tell you, if I was lying.. for what purpose? I have nothing to gain if you believe me.. but you do. If I'm telling the truth, why then would you not believe?

I'm sorry to hear about your mother, though. I truly am sorry.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

In today's world having bad spelling is just plain laziness......There's a little thing called Spell Check....It's pretty easy. Try it sometime.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninjas4321
this post will be about the resons why i dont belive in god

the first reson is that no one can define God or tell me what he is he also cannot be seen heard or toched so he is simply a story

the secont reson is that if god is so high and mighty and can prevent evil why dosent he?

the third reson is that if god was so loving and caring why woud he let acts like the spanish incuisition happen or pepole going to war over religion why does he let pepole starve? also plese explain why god woud kill millions of his children in a flood?

my fourth reson is that sience has gotten us into space it has allowed pepole to fly and look deep into the universe sience has changed the world religion has only heald us back.

my fith reson is that when has God actuly answerd your prayers? if he was there he woud have anserd them

my sixth reson is that many pepole will say god exists and you cant prove outherwise but one day i told you that i belived in the flying spigetti monster or i told you that batman was real and that you cannout prove outherwise therefor making it real do you see the flaw in this logic

my final reson is this life is to butiful of a qwestion to be simply awnsed with god did it

(ps this thread was ment to inspire debate if i offended you in anny way i am sorry and i am sure you will find it in your hart to forgive me if you dont its not my problem)

1. God is a loving, merciful God. He is omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, meaning all powerful, all knowing, and everywhere. He sent His one and only Son for us, Jesus Christ, because He loved us so much... I have heard God's voice in a dream, and I immediately recognized who it was speaking.

2. God is omnipotent. He creates good and evil. If there was no dark, how could you appreciate the light? This is an issue of free will; God puts the options down on the table, He won't tempt you, and it's your choice. It's to see where your heart is. For example, the story of Job. Job had everything a comfortable, successful man would have back in those days. Satan was granted permission by God to let him do what he pleased. After all the trials and tribulations, the worst you can expect, Job still praised and thanked God. Ultimately, Father knows what you will pick. Predestination is also a factor in this, God knows EVERYTHING that is going to happen. He knows you better than you know yourself. He knows what your heart desires. This life is a journey of tests.

3. I am not sure and don't understand why God allowed that to happen, but it is usually to get results.What that result is, I don't know. I do know that people took it upon themselves and they are the ones who made the decision to commit those acts. If you are speaking about the great flood with Noah, Father was so grieved about His necessary decision that He made a covenant (promise) with Noah saying that He will never destroy the world with a flood of that magnitude ever again.

4. I view science as people trying best to figure out how God works. That being said, science is still imperfect, and always open to adjustments/improvements. I think that just shows how powerful God is; throughout years of humans trying to figure out how things work, we are still at the tip of the iceberg. I feel like organized religion held science back.

5. God has answered my prayers.

6. It's a matter of faith. Jesus said that a mustard seed of faith is all that is needed. A mustard seed is TINY. That is why people scoff so easily at the faith when trying to read something that is not relatable with the ways of the world, because they do not have even a mustard seed of faith.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join