It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why i dont belive in God

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
this post will be about the resons why i dont belive in god

the first reson is that no one can define God or tell me what he is he also cannot be seen heard or toched so he is simply a story

the secont reson is that if god is so high and mighty and can prevent evil why dosent he?

the third reson is that if god was so loving and caring why woud he let acts like the spanish incuisition happen or pepole going to war over religion why does he let pepole starve? also plese explain why god woud kill millions of his children in a flood?

my fourth reson is that sience has gotten us into space it has allowed pepole to fly and look deep into the universe sience has changed the world religion has only heald us back.

my fith reson is that when has God actuly answerd your prayers? if he was there he woud have anserd them

my sixth reson is that many pepole will say god exists and you cant prove outherwise but one day i told you that i belived in the flying spigetti monster or i told you that batman was real and that you cannout prove outherwise therefor making it real do you see the flaw in this logic

my final reson is this life is to butiful of a qwestion to be simply awnsed with god did it

(ps this thread was ment to inspire debate if i offended you in anny way i am sorry and i am sure you will find it in your hart to forgive me if you dont its not my problem)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

How about using proper punctation?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I don't know if god exists and I really don't care. That is between you and god(?).

Religion is a brainwashing farce maybe I'll explain that to you at a later date.

Being a new member or not I think you are opening a big bag of worms. Are you bored or do you just want to debate?

Good luck with this.

Scouts Out.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Baron01

He did but god changed it.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baron01

Really?

Is that the best you can come up with?

What would your god think of you? I bet he is rethinking you. Did he make a mistake?

If you are going to spend time replying spend time thinking of what you are going to say.

Peace. Scouts out.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

If you don't believe in God... why are you trying to convince us?

Believe what you will bro

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

Originally posted by Baron01

Really?

Is that the best you can come up with?

What would your god think of you? I bet he is rethinking you. Did he make a mistake?

If you are going to spend time replying spend time thinking of what you are going to say.

Peace. Scouts out.

I don't have a God... *cries* ...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Wow man.....Just a word of advice. If you want to be taken seriously on here....Run a Spell Check program before you post. Your spelling is absolutely atrocious!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
While I agree with the points you made most are the same point. These aren't the only reasons most people find fault in religion either. Your conclusion seems to based on ideals rather than an opinion based on evidence. I don't mean my reply to be rude but the way you present your argument makes me think you're young and passionate.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I'm going to start off by saying I am not religious, there is no religion for my beliefs, but here is the gist

God is energy, or karma, the universe. Why do all of the people speak about god as if it thinks like a human? I don't get it.. You don't have to be religious to believe in god. In fact I believe most religions exist to separate you from god. They convince you to give up your power.

So why does god let bad things happen? There is a scientific law for that. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. There are dozens of parables like that. What comes around goes around, or adversity makes men and prosperity makes monsters, do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Etc

Do you really think you could appreciate happiness, hope, love, empathy and compassion without having to experience their polar opposites? Furthermore, could hope and contentment even exist at all without adversity? Would we ever evolve without things to overcome? Both physically and spiritually? God is more like the board that the game is played on. There are laws and constraints but otherwise we are free to create what we want, even if it is to create destruction. Just remember for every action there is an equal and opposite one

God is not some bearded man on a cloud somewhere imposing his will on the universe. Instead we are all god because we run on its energy, we can use that energy as we see fit. We are created in the image of god because god is the energy that makes up all matter,seen or otherwise

Prayer does work, I've experienced it many times, but only when you do it right. You can't "ask god" to give you something. You take responsibility and don't ask for it, you will it. But there are limits here as well. if you are being tested, or pushed to grow stronger, or wiser you cant just pray your problems away. you will only get another challenge that when overcome will give you the strength you prayed for. You dont just ask for something and get it. You will something, and then earn it. We now know through science that thoughts and the energy used to make then can be detected from a distance, so that right there tells me that energy may affect our surroundings moreso than previously thought.

If you pray for speed, god has a lion chase you. You pray for strength, and god will give you a challenge that you must become stronger to accomplish. You ask for anything, and you aren't getting it withou earning it.

So why don't you believe in god? The only god that was taught to you was the bearded cloud man? You are god, I am god, the sun is god, and so is the breeze blowing outside.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Baron01

If you're a disciple of God why are you judging this poor man for his inability to spell and punctuate correctly?

He is obviously in the dark and confused.

Ninja, I can give you thorough answers that make sense to all your questions, if you would like to msg me I could answer each individually.....or I can go and give you responses to each one of your issues on here.... If you're interested in hearing it....I dont know your personal circumstances and if you're trying to troll on here or if you're honestly searching for truth and or wanting to believe.

Seek and you will find.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninjas4321
this post will be about the resons why i dont belive in god

the first reson is that no one can define God or tell me what he is he also cannot be seen heard or toched so he is simply a story
God by definition is all powerful, omniscient, all knowing, etc. It's redundant. It's like saying "That bachelor is unmarried." - what do you learn in that statement that you didn't already know? A bachelor is an "unmarried" man. So, to say that the bachelor is unmarried is redundant. The same with saying God is omniscient. It's a given.

As for being felt by the senses.. there's different ways you can "sense" God. Personally, I sense God, or Godliness, through forgiveness, through love, through sacrifice, etc.

the secont reson is that if god is so high and mighty and can prevent evil why dosent he?

Free will. Satan and his Fallen Angels have freewill too, you know. They have free reign to do whatever they want with us, and to influence us to do evil.. and if God intervened, He wouldn't be perfect. He wouldn't be God.

the third reson is that if god was so loving and caring why woud he let acts like the spanish incuisition happen or pepole going to war over religion why does he let pepole starve? also plese explain why god woud kill millions of his children in a flood?

I don't really understand the first part of this statement, but as for 'letting people starve', may I ask you why does mankind let our brothers and sisters starve? Again, though, free will.

And as for "millions of his children in a flood", God had commissioned Noah to build the Ark, and told him to go out and warn people.

They were warned for 100 years. They had plenty of opportunities to repent, but they didn't.

my fourth reson is that sience has gotten us into space it has allowed pepole to fly and look deep into the universe sience has changed the world religion has only heald us back.

There is no evidence of this at all - in fact the exact opposite. I'm sure you will say Christianity is the cause of the Dark Ages, right?

WRONG.

The Dark Ages were brought upon by the fall of the Roman Empire at the hands of the invasion of the Hordes of Gaul. If anything, Christianity helped preserve many of the documents and withhold some stability within the Empire for a few extra decades.

my fith reson is that when has God actuly answerd your prayers? if he was there he woud have anserd them

He answers them all the time. In 2006 my mom went septic, and only had a "50% chance of survival ON ANTIBIOTICS" - a few weeks went by and she slipped to 5%. One particular day - SHE WAS NOT ON ANY ANTIBIOTICS OR ANY MEDICATION WHATSOEVER - NOT EVEN PAINKILLERS.

And she was in a lot of pain. Couldn't speak, tubes down her throat, low vitals..

We gathered in her room, laid hands on her and prayed. After we prayed, warmth came out of our hands, entered into her body, and her pain was instantly gone. Her vitals returned soon after.

Few weeks later, she was released. Alive. Doctors' mind's were blown.

my sixth reson is that many pepole will say god exists and you cant prove outherwise but one day i told you that i belived in the flying spigetti monster or i told you that batman was real and that you cannout prove outherwise therefor making it real do you see the flaw in this logic

Did your flying "spigetti" monster influence the creation of a book which is thousands of years old, written by over 40 different meatballs, and prophesied the end from the beginning, proving it's authenticity?

Didn't think so.

my final reson is this life is to butiful of a qwestion to be simply awnsed with god did it

(ps this thread was ment to inspire debate if i offended you in anny way i am sorry and i am sure you will find it in your hart to forgive me if you dont its not my problem)

This life is too beautiful to simply say "it just happened."

And there is no need to ask for forgiveness from me, or likely anyone else here - you did not offend, you simply have statements and some questions.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

sorry i just have terrible spelling and grammer i really dont know why

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PutAQuarterIn

i am actuly 15 years old

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Well said Lionhearte.

S&F

That about sums up this thread. Mods should just close it now
I don't see the point in this thread and it seems trollish to me...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Me a disciple of God?

The fact that the OP isn't believing in God is just a belief.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Monsatan

those are very exelent points and yes the only god i was ever tought was the bearded man in the clouds

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
My dear young person, there are people who spend their entire lives trying to find all the answers to life's mysteries. You will get many different opinions in here. Some may be worthless, some may inspire, but ultimately the answers are for you to find or make amends with.

Life here and now is mysterious. Perhaps someday in the life after this one things will make more sense and we will comprehend what we cannot comprehend at this time. In the meantime, try not to fall for any one religion or path, but take what is good and worthy and incorporate that into your life. To me, I would like something to hold on to and believe in, wether it is God or some higher power. Good luck on your journey.
edit on 25-3-2012 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Im just happy to see a young person questioning their world. It's a good thing. Just remember that not everything is black and white. What's bad for one person may be good or neutral to another. What is a curse to some is a blessing to others.

Good luck, And keep up the search for truth, even though you will never have ALL of the truth

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Atrocious spelling and grammar aside, I have to semi agree with ninjas4321. The first point, "simply a story". Exactly!

@ Lionhearte...

Did your flying "spigetti" monster influence the creation of a book which is thousands of years old, written by over 40 different meatballs, and prophesied the end from the beginning, proving it's authenticity?

If someone wrote this "book" in today's time, would it not be considered a work of fiction? If someone claimed to be the messiah, or "Jesus" in today's time, what would happen to them? Would they be taken seriously?
In my opinion, the "book" that is used today was re-interpreted from earlier "religions". Before Christianity, people worshiped the sun...

Gonna go off on a slight tangent here...I believe in what I can see, touch, smell, hear, and taste. In my 42 years on this planet I have never seen, touched, smelled, heard, or tasted anything that I consider "God".

I simply cannot believe in "god". A higher power, perhaps, but not "god"as others do.

This is my opinion, and until I can be shown otherwise, it will always be my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join