It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security’s morale is at code red

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

If the homeland’s security were dependent on employee morale, we’d be in big trouble.

Fortunately, the men and women of the Department of Homeland Security are committed to the agency’s mission, even as the agency fails to inspire them.

You know things are bad for workers when a bipartisan congressional hearing is called to examine a department’s drooping spirit. It ranks 31 among 33 large agencies in The Best Places to Work in the Federal Government survey published by the Partnership for Public Service. (The Partnership has a content-sharing relationship with The Washington Post.)

“Why Is Employee Morale Low?” asked Thursday’s hearing by the House Homeland Security panel’s subcommittee on oversight, investigations and management.

“DHS employees strongly believe in their work and mission,” said Chairman Michael McCaul (R-Tex.). Citing a federal employee survey, he asked: “But what does it say when only 37 percent of DHS employees believe senior leaders motivate them and only 37 percent are satisfied with their senior leaders’ policies and practices?”

It says there is a problem with leadership.

What does this say about the people in charge of DHS? Far less than half of the employees of DHS feel that their bosses policies and practices are in line with their beliefs. I see this as a MAJOR warning. I've heard over and over again about how our civilian polulation is disgusted with how DHS operates, but knowing that the majority of the people within DHS are unhappy as well is quite frightening.

It seems as though those within DHS are sounding the alarm about their bosses. One question I have about this topic is if those surveyed here are unhappy with only their DHS supervisors, or if "leaders" goes all the way up to the White House?

When those in charge of protecting the security of our country are unhappy with it's own practices, what does this say about DHS in general? Is the DHS beginning to crumble from within?....and what effect does the moral of DHS emploees have on how it operates?...does this trickle down to "the people"?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Maybe they feel the burden of their actions, and maybe policy is increasingly fringing on human rights and liberty, good sign is they are growing a conscience!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

God knows how long they will let that go on

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

God knows how long they will let that go on

You're probably right.....They don't want them to think for themselves.....just follow policy.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

That's also probably why they are so unhappy in the workplace, they have double the burden then most of us and have to keep silent about it for the sake of job security and nation security hey! Would be interesting if they all quit or called a revolution! After all they are probably witnessing the slippery slope even more so then the average citizen.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Perhaps Morale is down due to the fact employees are realizing the country is turning into a police state, and they have helped contribute to it.? yes no? anyone?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pegasus2000
Perhaps Morale is down due to the fact employees are realizing the country is turning into a police state, and they have helped contribute to it.? yes no? anyone?

I think this is a bigger problem than just with the DHS. I think it also applies to much of our police departments for years and years now. Also with the National Guard Units. For these groups too cannot speak out publicly about what they know.

I wonder too about teachers and what they cannot tell the public about what is coming to this country through our school systems. For the teachers cannot all be ignorant of things.

When you have a government which is increasingly demonstrating that they do not trust the people they have been elected to serve and look upon them with suspicion....they have lost their moral authority to serve the public.
I began to take notice and think down this trail when this current government began to openly speak out about our veterans being suspicious.

When they are slowly but steadily going the route to more and more roadblocks to public transportation...it becomes clear to those of us who know some history...that we are becoming by default..more and more like the olde Soviet Union.
What eventually happens with Homeland Security and TSA types is that they begin to impede the flow of goods and services across the country. The store shelves will empty just as they did in Soviet Russia where fresh produce was seldom available in any quantity or freshness. Much of it rotted at check points where papers and cargos were inspected.

This knowldege and informations is carefully hidden and concealed from mosts Americans about the Soviet Union. Not by the Soviets.....but by our own media and politicians.....our own government. And here we have our own government going down this road more and more today.

I think Homeland Security and TSA people know this is coming to America through their leadership. It is indeed morale breaking. You dont have to be a genuius to see this coming.

There were people going around America in the late 1960s and into the late 1970s speaking on the topic of Soviet Russia and how much our own government was hiding from us about the "Non Super Power " Russia. They were also speaking about inflationary fiat monies and how it ruined so many nations and what was coming here to America. They also taught and spoke about how some of our leaders lie and deceive us on so many topics and items for the lucre of the body politic.Some of them were put in jail for speaking out so.

And here we have the very templates now happening of what these speakers were warning us about way back then.

I can see why Homeland Security's morale would be low.

There is also the knowledge, seldom taught, that anyone with real knowledge, skills, and talents does not go into government service..but goes into the private sector..not the government sector.
Do they teach this line of thinking in public...government financed schools?? If not...they should.

This is an important clue to the nature of government. By it's very nature government does not draw the best talent and skills. This should be obvious and related to morale once you think it through.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Perhaps they see their redundancy.DEA should be gone ,DHS,ATF,and IMF should be downsized and absorbed by the FBI.The NSA,CIA AND NRO should be combined as well,but that would be logical wouldn't it.DHS was created out of fear.TSA should concentrate on ports and borders while local PD should take over local ports of call with branches of their local force,bolstered by a larger subsidized budget from the federal govt.FBI should maintain a presence in every major city's PD in order to consolidated efforts of law enforcement and national protection.
I bet that would even balance the budget.

new topics

top topics

join