It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning Investors: Tungsten-Filled 1 Kilo Gold Bar Found

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomadmonkey

I believe that was an error from the source. I'm sure it was suppose to say grams, not ounces.
edit on 25-3-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I just purchased 5 lbs of 100% pure Yukon gold. They are the best potatoes.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Hmm I already posted this info in the right thread after I ran a search but your post has had a much better response?

But hey I am new to ATS did I do something wrong?

And to the mods here on ATS, I don't think I am trolling with this comment as it points to the correct thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by isyeye
I just wanted to give anyone that invest in gold a little heads up. Once again gold bars filled with Tungsten have been discovered. Watch closely what you are putting your money into!

edit on 25-3-2012 by freewestray because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2012 by freewestray because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
David Wilcock talks extensively about these Tungsten-filled "Gold" bars in his well-researched mini-book Financial Tyranny

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Am I mistaken about history??

To my limited knowledge private mints have had a much better reputation than government mints in gold and silver coinage as that is all they have going for them..their reputation. Government on the other hand can force its revenue by the power of government.

Private mints which cannot stand behind the product they are selling will soon go under to a company which can stand behind their product.

As I recall the history ..in California before it became a state..several private mints produced gold and silver coins for daily use which were higher in gold and silver content than government issued coins. You have to dig to find this informations but it is out there.

I hope I am not mistaken in this knowledge of history but it has been some time since I read about it.

If you understand what I am saying about private industries and private producers...you then can understand what is wrong with much of government ...which does not stand behind the product they attempt to produce on the public purse. That they are very often not the product advertised...no matter what political party.

This was done in large bars. Better for the average person to purchase smaller coins.

Government has created, and deliberately, the perfect coin shaving technique...even if the coins have today reeded edges. They have replaced the coins with copper nickle junk. Even the pennies are copper plated zinc slugs. This is no different than these tungsten filled gold bars.

What does this tell you about electronic monies and inflation???

I dont need to be rocket material to know this about coinage or gold and silver.

Nonetheless...counterfeitting or debauching the currency is bad business for all. This is why in some nations the penalty was death for doing this.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

Why would someone in a private sector worry about cheating. After ten years of good quality product your reputation would be excellent. wine and dine and befrend the management of the government organizations and noone would even suspect you, slip in a couple hundred 400 oz fake ingots and take the money and retire. Sell the company cheap or just go on permanent vacation and disappear if things get hot. Easy way to get rich and you have 300 million bucks in your pocket. No country is going to get rid of you if nobody knows your there and you are good for their economy. Nobody checked Murdock

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
buying gold has become a game of hot potato.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by orangetom1999

Why would someone in a private sector worry about cheating. After ten years of good quality product your reputation would be excellent. wine and dine and befrend the management of the government organizations and noone would even suspect you, slip in a couple hundred 400 oz fake ingots and take the money and retire. Sell the company cheap or just go on permanent vacation and disappear if things get hot. Easy way to get rich and you have 300 million bucks in your pocket. No country is going to get rid of you if nobody knows your there and you are good for their economy. Nobody checked Murdock

If all you had was your reputation...it would be a disaster. That is why you worry about cheating and the quality of your product.

Private mints... like Johnson Matthey or Englehardt et al... have only thieir names to go by. If they become suspect ..they get their ratings dropped by public confidence.

They quickly go the way of the Chevy Volt....unless you have government to force your product on a distrustful public. Any product worth a darned will sell itself.

You never have to tell the public where the best restaraunts are at the best service and price. The word gets out quickly. When it no longer functions well..the public will find this out too and take their business elsewhere.

No rocket material needed here...for any product or service.

This also explains what is coming with the Health Care of this country. No rocket material needed here as well.

Murdock...in the UK...the whole thing is a rigged show..in the UK. They are going down the tubes in a Rigged show. The USA is slated to follow the same path. Another rigged show.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

They can always just use samples of the bars they have. Tungsten is used because like Gold it has a very high melting point (hence it's use in welding torches).

Gold has a low melting point

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Personally, I say that Fort Knox has had an inventory of it's contents once before to satisfy a curious public. Now I'd say it's more than pure curiosity. Would we really want to know though? The answer could be catastrophic on the spot.

Perhaps whatever other gold holding areas we have in the U.S. also need a random draw of bars to be physically cut or broken open for inspection. It'd probably all be a waste of time to prove it's all what it says it is....but...what if it isn't?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Good post isyeye... good info... crooks everywhere... wonder if it was a government, or an individual? F n S

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCurmudgeon
reply to post by isyeye

Good post isyeye... good info... crooks everywhere... wonder if it was a government, or an individual? F n S

yes..I am wondering the same.

Orangetom

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Amen to that-! Everything these days isn't worth a dime. Start growing your crops!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
oh sweet jesus, is there anything on this planet actually worth what it says on the tin?

yet another blow to my faith in global humanity

Try bitcoins. It's impossible to create a fraudulent bitcoin without the network detecting it.

2nd.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Can't you sue them the company who made the bars? I mean this is a conjob done by a company.
2nd

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Im starting to think to invest money in somthing, you are better off going with very long life foods, clothes, tools (this is a big one, high cost low space) that sort of stuff, jesus investing in a few thousand worth of medical stuff too, tooth brushes bla bla bla. If i run out of something i need im sure i could trade/sell what i have to get it, just as easy as slicing a bit off a gold bar :/

My bank gives me a tiny percent of my total amount every year, and every year that means less as the cost of living increases. Cant invest in gold because, well even if its not faked, you cant eat it!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Bartering is the universal currency of trade. Invest in things that will always be necessary, they will hold their value. Invest in knowledge of how to garden and what foods can be acquired from nature. That's free right now on the net but may not be available later. Get a food pantry going, enough of rotatable food to sustain your family for a month. Buy things you eat on a regular basis, why buy things you won't eat. Everyone likes eating. Don't forget spices.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Oh my.. to say this big is an understatement. Second time around and a different foundry. Wow.

Looks like bullion bars are about to lose a lot of demand and minted coins demand is going to sky rocket soon. Remember in 2010 when dubai had more than five tonnes, about a quarter billion dollar loss of those salted tungsten bars.

Who is gonna want to take delivery on Metalor. Wow.

Gold is gonna shoot to the moon. I suspect bullion will have to move from bars to reams of bullion sheets, like paper.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I think if I was trading in gold I'd be asking for blocks of one ounce bars instead of something big they can tamper with. They could be packaged up in some heavy see through plastic wrap and shipped just the same.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by korath

You mean like this. Wont help.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join