It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beezzer's Court

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Will check in in a few hours. Tis bedtime.

Thanksfor the replies, information and volunteers!

You folks are awesome.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This is awesome. I don't know nearly enough about this case, the individuals involved, or the circumstances surrounding it. I'd love to learn more about what happened and would love to be a juror.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I am not politically correct and I can be somewhat biased
in my opinons...can you use me at all?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Beez,

After reading through the thread...this comes to my mind. (Hat tip to Pink Floyd)

Good morning, Worm your honor.
The crown will plainly show
The prisoner who now stands before you
Was caught red-handed showing feelings
Showing feelings of an almost human nature;
This will not do.
Call the schoolmaster!

I always said he'd come to no good
In the end your honor.
If they'd let me have my way I could
Have flayed him into shape.
But my hands were tied,
The bleeding hearts and artists
Let him get away with murder.
Let me hammer him today?

I'll take either Juror as I have to yet really form a opinion on this case, or the Defense. (Just because I like a good debate)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Well I been all over these Zimmerman threads, not that I am defending that he killed someone, but I am defending the fact that the evidence that we have so far isn't enough to find Zimmerman guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

I could be his lawyer

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I am intrigued by this idea, it's interesting. I will gladly sit in as a juror. I don't even know anything about the case other than everyone is talking about it, just like a real juror.

I'd love to help, and learn a little something in the process. Does jury nullification still apply?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I'm not interested in becoming a juror. I know too little about this case and refuse to believe anything in the press or on TV. I have been involved in cases where the press was totally against my client to the point a fair trial seemed impossible. One thing I learned about jurors is they usually do have a point of view and lie to hide it to get on the jury.

The truth will not come out after it is presented to the Grand Jury. The names of the Grand Jury are secret and the proceedings are secret. They are sealed. I do predict, the Grand Jury will decline to issue a True Bill. This means no prosecution locally.

This will leave the FBI to investigate. That is going to take a long time but I would imagine Eric Holder will direct the local Federal Prosecutor to issue a warrant and indictment. A Federal Grand Jury indictment is not necessary. When that case reaches the Federal Trial Court, that is when the facts will come out and not until. However, plea deals are commonly used in the Federal System. That is why the government can boast such a high conviction rate. For an example someone may be facing 30 years but with an early plea, etc, they may do as little as 15 months. Many innocent people are jailed because the risk of trial outweigh the benefits of an early plea. This could happen here. If that happens, we will never know the truth.

Of course, I could be wrong but I would be willing to bet on it.
edit on 25-3-2012 by Nite_wing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
www.cbsnews.com... n-martin/?tag=re1.channel

"He has no protection under my law," former Sen. Durell Peaden told the newspaper. Florida's law, called "stand your ground" by supporters and "shoot first" by critics, was passed in 2005 and permits residents to use deadly force if they "reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony." Traditionally, self-defense laws did not typically extend beyond a person's home, but the Florida law, and at least 20 more passed across the country since them, allows a resident to "meet force with force" almost anywhere, including the street or a bar. Zimmerman, 28, reportedly admitted to police that he shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin on the evening of February 26. He was released without being charged after claiming he killed the boy in self-defense. But 911 recordings released over the weekend suggest that Zimmerman, who has a concealed weapons permit and volunteered in an apparently informal neighborhood watch program, pursued Martin, despite being told police were on their way. It is the fact that Zimmerman ignored the 911 operator's advice not to follow Martin that former Sen. Peaden says disqualifies him from claiming self-defense under the law. "The guy lost his defense right then," Peaden told the Miami Herald. "When he said 'I'm following him,' he lost his defense." Rep. Dennis Baxley, Peaden's co-sponsor in the Florida House, agrees with his former colleague, telling the newspaper that the law does not license neighborhood watch or others who feel "like they have the authority to pursue and confront people. That is aggravating an incident right there."

Beezzer, I can't do it without getting angry at this point because I know how it would go. I've made a case in my other thread on why Zimmerman is wrong. After Jeb and the Creators of the Legislation are saying that it shouldn't cover Zimmerman, I am finding it harder to keep emotion out of it.

I have a feeling that ATS, after hearing Political Theory/Social Contract reasoning, Intent of Individuals Liberties bestowed upon the people by God & Protected by the Constitution, Intent of Personal Sovereignty by the Founders, Intent and Spirit of the Legislators by the Crafters of the Legislation, Intent and Spirit of the law as interpreted by the signing Governor, will STILL agree with whoever is backing Zimmerman. It has nothing to do with race, but just the idea that someone utilized the second amendment in a way that protected their lives.

I love the second amendment, and if you look inside my house you'll definitely know it. However, I think that some members are looking for a situation where the right was held and it ended up in a lawful dismissal on the grounds of self defense. Wishful.Justification.Of. An.Amendment (that I love by the way).

I'm looking at this and wondering if I can keep my cool knowing everything I do about intent of laws. The creators and signers of the laws are still alive...and SPEAKING! They are saying that Zimmerman shouldn't be protected. In my mind it has turned into a non argument, just protection of the 2nd amendment (which isn't even being taken away) by members of the board.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

I understand and appreciate your candor. I'm sure that the prosecution will look at your analysis of the law, and it's intent.
Cheers
beez

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monsatan
I am intrigued by this idea, it's interesting. I will gladly sit in as a juror. I don't even know anything about the case other than everyone is talking about it, just like a real juror.

I'd love to help, and learn a little something in the process. Does jury nullification still apply?

I'll see if being on an ATS jury can get you out of work!
Thanks.

And no, no jury nullification.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
Well I been all over these Zimmerman threads, not that I am defending that he killed someone, but I am defending the fact that the evidence that we have so far isn't enough to find Zimmerman guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

I could be his lawyer

Great! We have a defense!

Still looking for prosecution, though.

Thanks!

beez

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by beezzer

I am not politically correct and I can be somewhat biased
in my opinons...can you use me at all?
Absolutely! Sit where ever you feel comfortable. Thanks you.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by beezzer

Beez,

After reading through the thread...this comes to my mind. (Hat tip to Pink Floyd)

Good morning, Worm your honor.
The crown will plainly show
The prisoner who now stands before you
Was caught red-handed showing feelings
Showing feelings of an almost human nature;
This will not do.
Call the schoolmaster!

I always said he'd come to no good
In the end your honor.
If they'd let me have my way I could
Have flayed him into shape.
But my hands were tied,
The bleeding hearts and artists
Let him get away with murder.
Let me hammer him today?

I'll take either Juror as I have to yet really form a opinion on this case, or the Defense. (Just because I like a good debate)

Where ever you feel most comfortable sitting is fine. I'll let you decide, though. I'd hate to be accused of jury tampering.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

What the hell, put me on the defense side. I'll even see it through to the bitter end. Whether I agree with it or not.

Is that not what lawyers do?

And with that, I bid you, "Good Night Worm, your Honor," as it is time to hit the hay here in the States. (or as the old timers say....the world, aka the land of the big PX)
edit on 25-3-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I will be Zimmerman defense lawyer.
The first thing i will do is call for a miss trial at a later date do to the bias statement made by president Obama in his implying that martin could have been his son. By the president doing this he has put my client at great risk of being railroaded in this court proceeding due to the public's view and the media spin on this case. i humbly ask the court to proceed 2 years from now when their isn't such media attention.
edit on 26-3-2012 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
You will need a pet kangaroo to make this a proceeding worthy of its presiding judge. Have fun and don't stay up too late, guys. It's a school night after all.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
If Zimmerman wasn't carrying a gun and looking for trouble Treyvon Martin would still be alive, this is manslaughter plain and simple. Abe Froman for the prosecution.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Good morning "your honour".

Good to see Beezzer's court prepping.

It's going to be tense, there's going to be drama, but ultimately, in the end, only the hard facts, truth and justice shall prevail!

I'm already trying to update myself with the case. I will judge fairly.
IF I'm picked as a juror of course, if not then I'll have to go back to work...

Beezzers court coming to a ATS screen near you!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I would like to participate as a juror if you still need some. I think that this was a great idea and would enjoy having the chance to get involved on the trial run.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I volunteer to be a juror if you still need one. This case has been given so much attention and touches on such delicate issues it needs to be analyzed and debated properly. Great idea Beezzer.

Bring on the facts.

edit on 26-3-2012 by Dembow because: Oh noes the typos!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join