It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea could point missile at Japan, Australia etc. Obama reacts..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
It seems North Korea may have pushed a little too far. President Obama called out North Korea today at the Nuclear Summit in Seoul. He declared they basically need to stop the launch to get promised food aid. Japan is readying BMD incase North Korea's missiles come close. Also, the US has warned Australia North Korea's missile could come close...great...

the-diplomat.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
No one should care.

The United States launches missiles almost monthly. India, Pakistan both have launched missiles. China has launched missiles. I dont see why the guy on the opposing fenceline is not allowed to play with their toys? Its going to land safely in the ocean like almost all rocket tests. This should not be sinister or nafarious. Why people are so worked up must be from the constant fear and war mongering.

EDIT: Just read on RT news this is a space flight! Why the %$^# should they not be allowed to enter the realm of space? Thats like denying a human being food. Thats just the next logical step to explore when your pretty much blocked in your small country.
edit on 25-3-2012 by AaronWilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Agreed, To me i see no reason Kim Jung II would want to start tensions with the western world, I can understand everyone's unease though. There is already existing tensions in the air as it is. It would be less worry some if we knew he wasn't a crackpot. There wouldn't be a war if they did launch a warhead with one into Japan, Australia or Indonesia.

That is unless there is more behind North Korea than we know, like perhaps they are the front for the side of china and Russia that want's a war with the western world. That all being a bunch of crap anyway, But i thought i had to mention it for those who could make a conspiracy out of it.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
They could point missiles at Japan or Australia. We DO have missiles pointed at them.

Maybe we should mind our own business and stop trying to threaten the rest of the world.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I dont think N.K.would purposely be targetting Australia.Maybe more worried of missle mishap debrie.Then again they did lob missiles just over Japans head that time.Just saying..

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson
No one should care.

The United States launches missiles almost monthly. India, Pakistan both have launched missiles. China has launched missiles. I dont see why the guy on the opposing fenceline is not allowed to play with their toys? Its going to land safely in the ocean like almost all rocket tests. This should not be sinister or nafarious. Why people are so worked up must be from the constant fear and war mongering.

EDIT: Just read on RT news this is a space flight! Why the %$^# should they not be allowed to enter the realm of space? Thats like denying a human being food. Thats just the next logical step to explore when your pretty much blocked in your small country.

Yeah and if their technology was as reliable and not so "Mickey Mouse" maybe. Have a look at NK's previous effort. The others you mentioned have achieved acceptable standards. Accepting NK has the right to to do this is paramount to being a terrorist sympathiser!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
don't think North Korea has invaded another country lately causing hundreds of thousands of deaths, Obama take your hypocritical nonsense elsewhere

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Once more, the United States when it first started launching missiles with Von Braun was not exactly pure sucsess. Accidents happen and will always happen with technology as powerful as this. But to simply say no because they have been unsucseful thus far is to spit in their trials and errors that are part of science.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

No one should care.

When you threaten to destroy all those nations on a daily basis and at the same time are begging them for food aid then you should expect some push back when you keep launching missles over the same nations you just promised to destroy. Nobody thinks NK is doing anything other than testing a missle designed to hit the same nations they are asking for food. Even China knows this and is telling them not to do it. North Korea is free to do as it wishes but when its threatens to attack you and then starts shooting test missles in your direction it is just common sense for nations to be ready to defend themselves.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

I completely agree. But I still dont see how putting a satellite in orbit is harmful to anyone?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I'm getting tired of these crazy leaders in North Korea begging food from us and then just dismissing all the promises they have made in order to get the food. His father did it, now he is doing it. They must think we are weak fools that they can just demand food and then laugh at us as they continue developing their nukes and the means to deliver them. The people of North Korea should have the balls to stand up and take this family down. Surely there are some military leaders that see how crazy the country is being ran and could do something. The food will probably all go to the military anyway because it's obvious that nobody cares for the poor people who are starving. This new leader they hailed as a genius. Well maybe the genius will be able to see that the only way for the people of NK to prosper, is with cooperation. Not threats. South Korea has bent over backwards trying to help them by putting factories and employing thousands in NK. They turn around and kill the SK people on that island to prove a point they have made that the disputed island belongs to them. They are like retarded children.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by travis911

2 day old news...use the search it wont bite

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by travis911

Yea; he reacted by putting a military base in Australia. Would'nt be supprised if he organised this with the Koreans so he could put the frighteners on Australia by saying he had intel that that was what the Korans were going to to so our very compliant goverment would let him put a base here.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

Please spare
me play with their toys

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Reply to post by ~Vixen~

agreed. plus we are active in a majority of drug guns and human trafficking around the world. genetic testing and biological weapons tested on tribes in africa as well. but we have the media to paint all of that into a nice sunny picture. people should be more afraid of the u.s. than north korea. whether you live here or not.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Sign Sign everywhere a Sign don't do this don't that can't you read the Sign.
One Government sets the rules for the world I guess.

I will tuck my hair up under my hat instead of reading all these signs.....

Fricking really scary how we all live with this regime here in North America and suck up to them.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 25-3-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Wow, this is scary that NK is all of a sudden in the news.

According to Ed Dames, when North Korea sets off a nuke in anger, that will be the last domino to fall right before the 'kill shot' (from the sun) sequence.

Anybody see his recent March 2012 Youtube video where he says this? Skip to around 15:27.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

reply to post by phatpackage

Once more, the United States when it first started launching missiles with Von Braun was not exactly pure sucsess. Accidents happen and will always happen with technology as powerful as this. But to simply say no because they have been unsucseful thus far is to spit in their trials and errors that are part of science.

What a nasty piece of work you are. People could die from this abomination of a country and all you can say is

Accidents happen

I'm sure your parents are so proud of the little regard you have for human life!
edit on 25-3-2012 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by coastalite

Yeah, I saw that Ed Dames thing too...didn't want to believe it, but if that really does happen then hopefully he was also right about heading north.

edit on 26-3-2012 by javelin because: spelled Ed's name wrong

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The main issue with the missile launch is North Korea signed a treaty stating they would not be testing long range missile systems period. If they successfully launch a satellite it all but assures they can successfully launch a long range missile attached with a nuclear payload.

Also when launching over other countries, debris from the launch could land on said nations and injure people or infrastructure.

Bottom line is you signed the contract, for food aid. Don't want the aid then don't sign the treaty, but they did sign the treaty.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join