It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Is This Evidence of ATS Addiction?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I really don't have a problem with staying offline. I love you guys here at ATS, but if my internet was shut off and I couldn't get it back...my life would go on. I used to be an ATS junkie but now I'm more of a Sidewalk Junkie (sorry, long sotry) and I'm alright with that.

True, I feel like there are alot of things I won't understand because I don't research them further...but I'm okay with that.

Is that accepting ignorance? No. It's denying high internet charges.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
Is that accepting ignorance? No. It's denying high internet charges.

new motto for the ATS ISP? id buy it, long as it wasnt as slow as the current servers

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I can see how some can get addicted to it. I mainly go online at work because I have care taker type position monitoring a network. I have a lot of down time so it provides a good source of entertainment.

When I'm not at work I barely even turn my computer on at home. If my job was a little more engaging with regards to my time I would probably avoid it most of the time.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I would say the internet is a new drug it's very addictive I remember when I was with out my internet for around 6 weeks after a few days I was having withdrawl symptoms. some people depend on the internet and i can see how they might get this effect.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I may be addicted to ATS/BTS but I try to balance that with all my other addictions. I suppose actually falling asleep in front of your home pc is a sign of internet or ATS addiction. In case you're wondering, I woke up before I fell out of my chair. There is another possibility here though, being a conspiracy site, could someone be sending subliminal messages that make us get sleepy to spend more time on ATS? You_ never know what must_ stay_ here_ and what new stuff may pop up here on_ ATS_. You_ never know what you are_ getting_ into when you get into a new thread that may get you upset or sleepy_.

[edit on 23-9-2004 by orionthehunter]

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I became addicted to the Internet in 1997, when I was a freshman in college and had access to the college's computer lab (which was open 24 hours a day)... I bought my own PC in 2000.

I love the Internet because you have all the world's information at your fingertips. Colleges, schools, government agencies, entertainment producers, sports leagues, corporations & companies, politicans, and fans of all the above and more now have all their data on the Internet. Since I have a love for the collection and storage of information that I enjoy, the Internet is to me what kitty litter is to cats.

And information on the Internet isn't just text! ...Though there's plenty of that. Music, pictures, and video are all part of the Internet too. As a friend of mine once said, "If aliens came to Earth they wouldn't have to land and meet us to learn about us anymore. All they'd have to do is link up onto our Internet and they could learn everything about humanity... what we know, what we don't know, what our strengths and weaknesses are, what our virtues and vices are, our history, cultures, ideas." Something to think about!

I'll leave you with a few random examples of what makes the Internet so awesome...

www.superbowl.com...

Who won Super Bowl XVII? How many playoff games have the Chicago Bears been to in their franchise history? Who holds the record for touchdowns scored in a single Super Bowl? All this information is archived here!

www.cia.gov...

What's the capital of Uzbekistan? What does the flag of Macedonia look like? How many miles of railroads are there in Germany? All this information is archived here!

www.toonamiarsenal.com...

What did the promo for "World's Finest" look like? How many Gunam Wing series have been on Toonami? For how long was Beast Wars a Toonami show? All this information is archived here!

Of course, this is just the tip of an astronomically sized iceberg. God bless the Internet, the ultimate tool of knowledge and freedom!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join