It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My experiences. Am I crazy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
lol Ok i accidentally posted this without an explanation so if you came in before i wrote the explanation, sorry about that. But anyway i feel really silly for posting something like this but i just want to know if anyone has had anything like this happen to them. It all started when i was really young from my earliest memories to about the age of seven. When i was really young would constantly see shadows flying around just randomly, they would just fly by in front of me. I even remember asking my parents if this ever happened to them and they acted pretty disturbed so me being afraid that i was weird i just stopped asking about it. And anyway I dont see these things anymore but it has recently resurfaced in my life because my grandmother told me about how my aunt used to see shadows when she was younger so whatever it is it seems to run in my family. But i dont see these things anymore but sometimes i hear things that i cant explain like when i was about 10 i was sitting in bed and i know i heard something say my name and just the other day i was just standing in the middle of my room and i heard a noise, i dont really know how to describe it but the noise sounded very metallic similar to when you people sword fighting in movies and their sword blades make contact, its sort of like that sound and the sound was so close like it was right next to my ear. Also i have very good intuition. And i also have strange dreams and im not talking about just that they had impossible things but one dream i had i was outside taking out the trash and looked in the sky and saw a solar eclipse (not all that strange right) but what was really strange is that i woke up screaming and sweating and i was terrified. Another time i woke up in the middle of the night and i looked over at my window and saw a terribly bright light right at my window but it wasnt coming from outside it was inside my room at the window and i just turned over and fell back asleep! This is very weird to me because i really dont think this was a dream but i just know that i would have never fallen back asleep, im a very light sleeper and i have never in my entire life been able to fall back asleep that quickly, i felt like i wasnt in control of myself. Another thing that i experience is that i sometimes get like overwhelmed sometimes i dont know why but i will just be doing random stuff like surfing the web and suddenly i get this dark feeling like i am doing something wrong or that im not doing what im supposed to be doing, i feel like i cant breath and my eyes just start to water and im not crying im not even sad just a little confused about what is happening. And i dont think its blood sugar because i know that there is nothing wrong with my blood and idk it could be panic attacks but i just dont feel like that is what it is. I dont know i just feel like a crazy person is there anyone that can relate to any of this?
edit on 25-3-2012 by eyesontheskies because: didnt write an explanation the first time

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
absolutely crazy

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by holywar666
absolutely crazy

Lol yeah i accidentally pressed enter before i typed up the explanation.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by holywar666

OK, OP fixed it

edit on 25-3-2012 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by eyesontheskies

yes, i have had similar experience with the falling to sleep thing. i believe it is a non-human being interacting with me. it can make me fall asleep, wake me up, keep me awake. it is a spirit of some kind, maybe my spiritual guide ? idk.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
wow OP reading your post has made me remember a lot of things that my brother goes thru, ever since he was little he had almost the same things happen, he seen shadows but not as much, for instance he would see occasionally what would look like a shadow shaped like a person walking in our home, I remember one time (funny story) my Dad was taking one of his 4 hour looong baths lol and my brother had to go real bad, he was about 11 years old and my Mom told him to go down stairs and do it, we had an old house and there was a sink no one ever used, she told him to go pee there and well about 2 minutes later he comes flying up the basement stairs screaming crying "I seen him again Mom he's walking around down stairs, he walked thru the wall I can see thru him, he looked like a shadow" I remember the sheer panic in him, I was 7, and he would see this shadow more then once, another time it walk into the bedrooms, then in the attic, the house was haunted and i can give ya ton of stories but I will just stick my my brothers experiences, well as he got older he began to also hear the sounds and see the things you see when he goes to sleep, still to this day he does, I remember a few years back he woke up and came running out the room at my Moms house (different house) and said he seen a big ball of light by the door just hovering, it sat there, it game him time to register what he was looking because he woke up and seen it, then out of no where it made this loud zip sound, I cannot explain it but the way he does it sounds similar to how you explained the sound, like steel scraping, a real sharp Ziip sound and the light was gone. He has a new house now and it still happens, he see shadows and just yesterday he told me he heard that sound again. As for dreams he has never told me about the dreams but my sister also seen a golden light by her bedroom door once. I don't think you are crazy I think your mind is open to more then it should be, my Brother also seems to know when someone is sad or he can walk into someones house and feel so horrible he has to leave to later find out something tragic happened there, he is really intune to a lot of things we noticed and can pick up feelings when you can try your hardest to not show lol. Do you have those too by any chance, I think they call it empath.

edit on 25-3-2012 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Hey,

Crazy is a relative term. The term "craze" means a bout of emotional instability. So crazy would likely be when someone is continuously emotionally instable. You may fit the bill, but it's not the same as insane...which I won't comment on in your case.

You seem as if you may still be young, am I correct? If so, your mind will still take some time to develop. It's not too uncommon for kids to misperceive things, so don't worry all too much about it. As for dreams, we all have funky dreams every once in a while!

I think you need to be okay with you, more than anything. Panic attacks go hand in hand with psychological peculiarities, it seems. It's often the body malfunctioning in at least one spot, which will lead to psychological disturbances. So, I would think maybe cleaning up your diet and eating whole foods may help you out a bit.

Everyone here seems to be a bit "off", and when I look outside, I see people hiding from their selves, and each other. I see insecurities, and deficiencies being masked by a lot of hoopla. The fact that you can freely admit your weirdness online says a lot, imo

So just try to take it easy, and be good to yourself. Clean up your diet, get some healthy rest, and try to relax. You will likely balance out as the years pass.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

well im 18 i dont know if thats what you meant by young though.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Yea young is a relative term as well. The psyche is still developing until about 25, give or take a few years.

When I was 18 I had a lot of bizarre beliefs!

I'd simply suggest that you do a lot of research on some of the things you've experienced before making any kind of judgment on the reality of these phenomena. ATS has a lot of people who absolutely believe in a lot of weird things that may or may not be true. It's best to hear out many opinions, and think for yourself.

I would suggest that these shadows popping out at you are simple misperceptions/hallucinations from funky brain wiring, and/or funky neurochemistry. Again, a healthy diet can help to establish a better order, and more accurate perception of the real world. If you consume lots of sugar, and/or alcohol, smoke, or eat a lot of fast/processed foods, try to switch your diet around to be a bit more whole in mind

edit on 25-3-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

What you are saying is good advice but the only thing that makes me think that this isnt just a bad diet causing this is that my grandmother has experienced similar things throughout her whole life.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Well based on that information it would seem there is a genetic component involved. Still, genes may be altered at the epigenetic level based on a variety of things...like diet or exercise.

I guess the question, more so than if this is real or not, is ...does it cause you more harm and suffering, or good and abilities?!

If you are able to channel your experiences into productivity/creativity/talent of some sort, and can deal with it, I think you should just accept this is how you are. If it seems to cause you more harm than good, and you can't find an outlet to be a productive member because of this, or through this, then I would suggest trying to alter your genetic propensities by either diet, or exercise as a first treatment option.

It truly is up to you. If you feel it's more of a gift or curse. That should be thought of before trying to assess if it's real or not. Ultimately, it doesn't truly matter if people think you're crazy. It only matters if you're okay with yourself, and can be of benefit to your community!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

I just skimmed through your crappy long paragraphed book. YES, yes you are crazy.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CookiesOnFire

wow you are criticizing my paragraphing skills? you're lame.

edit on 27-3-2012 by eyesontheskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Skills or no skills, you'll get a lot more people reading/responding if you split your text up into sections. They don't even have to be structured as proper paragraphs if you don't know how, just break the text up. I usually skip over a lot of otherwise interesting threads because they'd be a chore to read, but this one sounded interesting enough to highlight text as I go along (rarely would put that much effort in though). Walls of text have a great impact, if anyone else is like me they typically see one and just click back/close to the next thread.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AR154
Skills or no skills, you'll get a lot more people reading/responding if you split your text up into sections. They don't even have to be structured as proper paragraphs if you don't know how, just break the text up. I usually skip over a lot of otherwise interesting threads because they'd be a chore to read, but this one sounded interesting enough to highlight text as I go along (rarely would put that much effort in though). Walls of text have a great impact, if anyone else is like me they typically see one and just click back/close to the next thread.

Ok thanks but just to make it clear to everyone, this is my first post so im not really experienced with how a thread should properly be broken apart, cut me some slack.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
OH MY GAW!!

seriously you wack jobs, giving this person crap for paragraph skills?, OP, my goodness don't let that get to you, who cares I didn't see anything wrong with it. so don't ever let these trolls bother you, people like that need to crawl back into their holes and stay there, come out to eat but then hopefully a vulture will get em.

Dont let that discourage you from asking for advice here, I got a lot of garbage from the trolls too, I just fight back, i know my typing, paragraphing, spelling, grammar skills aren't great but fu** them. you are fine and I got it. :-)
And look, one of the two got themself banned lmao. See trolls, always get it at the end lmao

edit on 28-3-2012 by hapablab because: had to update the troll status lmao

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Agreed, she is reaching out to the community and being nice.

Please respect her and have some compassion!

OP, an honest assessment is you're mostly okay, but perhaps a little off at the same time.

Everyone has issues. Overall, you seem as if you're going to be okay.

edit on 28-3-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

hello eyes.

don't worry too much about what is past. it would be better to focus on the now
and possible permutations of your near future.

there are many people i know who described unusual events in their childhood.
i myself had many and although amusing now, at the time certain family members
were clearly rattled at what i described. after another relative attempted
to convince me it was my imagination, i concentrated on those who attempted
to mask it over with negative implied threats of 'we'll never speak to you
again'', ''if you continue to mention these things, i will hit you'' etc etc.

violence was a daily threat and my response was to deconstruct everyone who
attempted to indoctrinate negativity into me. they lost.

best wishes fakedirt.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I've experienced what you feel such as anxiety for no reason. It was really bothering me so I paid closer attention to when it was happening. I discovered that it would start about an hour before my boyfriend came home from work. When he would get home he would start talking about his stressful day etc. That is when I figured that I am sensing and reacting to his emotions. It's happened when I'm totally alone too and I feel like that is because I'm sensing the energy of whatever is unseen in the room with me. It's a intense anxiety feeling that makes my hands shake like I'm cold, I feel like I can't breathe in deep enough like hyperventilating. It can make my teeth chatter too. To get rid of it I ask whoever is there to leave me alone. I tell them I am God's child and no evil may dwell here. It works if I say it like I mean it and I might have to say it over and over while walking through the house until it stops. Soon after I will feel myself calm and my body temp return to normal.

I know what you mean with the dream thing. Ever since my first lucid dream I've noticed my falling asleep habits. Sometimes I'm not even tired and suddenly I can't keep my eyes open. It happened this morning too. I had only been up for an hour or so and was watching a early morning movie. Next thing I know I'm opening my eyes without ever knowing they were closed. I'm still sitting up at the computer with the mouse in my hand but I'm opening my eyes. I tried to keep them open but my body got heavy so I leaned back in the chair. I struggled to keep my eyes open because I know someone tries to make me go to sleep. I saw a pair of blue eyes in the blackness behind my eyes as I gave up and drifted off. I've never seen eyes before, it's usually like a kaleidoscope of colors surrounded by black before I drift off. In my opinion, there is someone or something that can make us go to sleep. It doesn't have to be evil either. It could be that we cannot do what we have to do while in the body so when we need to help we have to go to sleep to do it. Help with what? I wish I knew. Could be evil too, who knows?

We are not crazy. We are sensitive to other things which have no explanation. I try to monitor myself and figure things out as they come up. If something is too overwhelming to deal with like the seeing of shadow people then I pretend I don't see them. This greatly diminishes the sightings. Best wishes to you!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I am 34, age has nothing to do with it. I had many people make me feel like I was a deluded child when I would explain what was happening to me when I was younger. I took their comments in stride thinking they must know because they are older. Wrong! All they did was delay my trusting my own intuition by telling me I'm young so my mind is playing tricks on me. Don't fall into the trap. It has taken me so long to trust myself due to other people. Trust yourself no matter how young/old you are. Your not crazy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join