It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Investigation Launched After Oklahoma Police Drag Man Face Down (after trying to get to GINGRICH)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
source: The Raw Story

The incident occurred after police arrested 53-year-old James Jay Heidebrecht at the airport on February 20. The man had claimed he was a CIA agent and wanted to talk with with presidential candidate Newt Gingrich, who was visiting the city that day. He allegedly tried to get past a security checkpoint and became combative when detained.

while it is horrible that they did drag him face down, the most interesting part of this story is that he was trying to get to NEWT GINGRICH. i smell an assassination attempt. HOWEVER, charges were dropped against this man! HMMMMM??????

The Oklahoma City Police Department has launched an internal investigation to determine if the officers broke of the department’s policies. The charges against Heidebrecht have been dismissed.

they probably did break a policy or two by dragging him FACE DOWN, but possibly they broke a policy or two by dropping the charges against a man who may or may not have been trying to kill gingrich. but then again, maybe he was in love with him and just wanted a few minutes alone? the world may never know.

edit on 25-3-2012 by couldbeanyone because: tried to fix broken YT link, but alas, it didn't work

edit on 25-3-2012 by couldbeanyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by couldbeanyone

Can't wait to hear more about this one.

Until we do, let me just comment by saying how dehumanized we have all become in the eyes of law enforcement...

Just another day at the office... :shk:

edit on 25-3-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by loam
[more

thanks for the embed, i'm going to have to practice practice practice.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Well, if I was looking to get bit by a tiger, I think I'd go find a zoo and kick one. I'm sure I'd get everything I wanted and more.

If I was looking to experience abuse by law enforcement, I have no question I'd want to go to an Airport checkpoint and start acting aggressive or just really stupid. Hence...Abuse will almost certainly follow and this guy got all the trouble he went looking for.

The cops were a little rude by the look of things...but they aren't idiots. This guy came looking for trouble and they really weren't in the mood to play. Doom on him. He ought to find safer ways to amuse himself in the future. I just can't see this any other way. He got what he asked for.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by couldbeanyone

Interesting... In terms of the actions its going to depend on just how combative he was. While I agree its a bad idea to drag a paeron face down, there are situations where it would be permissible.

As far as breaking policy for dropping the charges, the police have absolutely nothing to do with that. The Police can arrest a person all they want for whatever crime, however its the prosecuting attorney's office who is the ultimate authority on whether or not charges are dropped, reduced to a lesser charge or increased, based on the reports / evidence / etc.

The other question I have is I know some of the republican candidates have secret service protection. If Gingrich does do we know for sure it was local police only involved?

Regardless of intent, the guy tried to force his way past security, claiming he was a CIA agent. His mental status will be questioned and could play into the reason for being dragged out.

At the very least though its good to see law enforcement double check situations. Just because an action is not a violation of policy / law, does not mean its ok to do. Kudos to the PD for being proactive.

ETA - it looks like the guy was tased as well for being as combative as he was. I would like to point something out as food for thought with regards to police and tasers. I've seen comments in other threads criticising the police use of a taser because there are multiple officers present.

One thing to consider is what will do more damage in the situation. An extremely combative individual being subdued with a taser, or an extremely combative individual physically fighting / resisting 4-7 officers. The chances of injury with going hands on increase very quickly.
edit on 25-3-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

join