It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"No religion is higher than humanity" - 84 y/o man dedicates his life to helping the poor (inspira

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Abdul Sattar Edhi, 84, gave up everything to devote his life to helping Pakistan's poorest. From standing on the foot paths to beg for the poor, to establishing Pakistan's biggest network of shelter homes and ambulance service, here is the selfless journey of a true living saint.

Peace loving people exist in every country, it's a shame that only the violent ones are noticed by the media. There is still hope that humanity will learn to stop war. People like him should be achieving the Noble Peace Prize, not Obama who has attacked at least 5 countries in four years.

edit on 25/3/2012 by GLaDOS because: (no reason given)

edit on 25/3/2012 by GLaDOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
No Race No Religion just Humanity.........what a dude

I hope more of the Religious types look at this and take a page from this guys book.
S&F gonna see if I can donate to help this fella out a bit.

You can donate to this guy if you like here..

www.edhifoundation.com...

Just rang a pal of mine who collects money to take home to Pakistan (for charity) and he gives the Edhi foundation 50% of his cash he collected to it. (Thought it rang a bell)
edit on 25-3-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

Not to be a nit picker... But I'm contrarian so I can't help it...

No religion higher than life. Humanity destroys other forms of life at an astonishing rate. We need to respect all forms of life regardless of species.

Anyway very inspirational. After all the racial tension on ATS over Trayvon Martin the last couple days, it's nice to know some people out there have trancended all that BS.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
48 years driving an ambulance?!?!

that is one heart wrenching video, sometimes Islam's leaders are looking more and more like the old Catholic church everyday.

judging from history.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

This isn't about Religion its about a guy doing good for the sake of his fellow man.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
the atheist should concentrate their energy of setting these people free from total religious enslavement... atleast then they will have the free will and right be be an atheist even if they want!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Says the person who made a thread suggesting Atheists are the problem and should be sorted out.
Oh and Iam not an Atheist I just don't talk about my God.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
my founding fathers already set me free from the Catholic Church though even some of have already forgot, or either never learned it in the first place?

is it the public schools who are to blame? or truly the ideology of the freed mind that naturally leans to atheism?

I would imagine not... because simply there are more theist on any given day when you step outside the confines...

theism is the natural extension, atheism is requiring knowledge... but more like late to the party imo.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I would love to see the video of the atheistic messenger in Mecca spreading the good new that they are free from Religious oppression... but would that change their 'theism' ? more than likely not...

anyone have that clip?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Can you stick to the OT please?

I will say this again it has nothing to do with Religion it's about someone doing right for his fellow man.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

this is not off topic you are just not using your 3rd eye!

Theism is involved big time here... why are they suffering so bad? lets get to the root of the problem and figure something out, maybe even fix it.

islam is theism and it is being used against a people in front of the world and they atheist seemingly only care about christian.

if is about the Middle East it IS about religion...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
lets help these people atheist and Christians alike... all mankind needs to be in on this situation it is an atrocity!

new topics

top topics

join