It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The St Francisville Experiment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The St Francisville Experiment is a story about four young people who spend the night in a haunted plantation. It is located in New Orleans. You can see it on You Tube here:

www.youtube.com...

It is presented as a true story and in a documentary type format. It is 79 minutes long.

Now, I like ghost documentaries and ghost stories.

However, after seeing this one, I must say, it is one of the poorest ghost documentaries I've ever seen. The biggest reason is they use too much blurry tape recordings and odd camera angles that do things like focus on the person's face or even a part of the face to see their reaction but not showing what they see so you really can't see anything. Personally, I want to see the evidence. I want to see ghosts caught on camera. You get to see a tiny bit of activity, such as a piece of furniture moving seemingly by itself early on, but there is one problem with that. It's very easy to fake moving furniture, and much of the furniture was covered in junk and debris. In other words, there is nothing to see and nothing that can't be explained in this movie.

It is comparable to another Mockbuster called Paranormal Entity, which uses much the same camera techniques, blurry camera work and odd angles. Because of the poor camera work, I can't take anything as being true.

In contrast, a much better documentary is "Children of The Grave", produced by Sy Fy. There are some very interesting EVPs and truly creepy photos of shadow people. The film isn't truly blurry and you can see phenomena. Whether it's truly paranormal or not is a different story.

So in short, I give this film a "D".

And here's a hint for you fledgling film makers out there: blurry film and odd camera angles so that you can't see anything don't make for good movies especially for people who have a hard time seeing things because of astigmatism and the like. Show what they see, and don't just show their reactions or part of their faces. That's just poor camera work.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I don't belivr this was supposed to be a documentary it is just a movie with actors...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I so agree. I often watch ghost adventures and ghost hunters for the entertainment only.
The camera/filming angles are just awful. I often yell at the tv that I don't want to watch the peoples reactions, I don't understand why they don't point the camera in the right direction.
and sometimes I get so aggravated at them saying 'what was that' I simply turn the tv off.
I realize it's for entertainment, but they could do a better job if they are truly seeking proof.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
lol.. its a movie like Blair Witch Project.... I thought it was a really good movie even tho things kinda fell apart towards the end...

new topics

top topics

join