It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is 2012 the year when the scroll of the Cathars ("Weavers") will be revelead, causing the end of t

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
A hoax usually relies on beginning with a small grain of truth and then going off the deep end with it. The Cathars were real. The Cathars were destroyed by military means centuries ago.

They were attributed with another purpose in 1982 in a book called "Holy Blood, Holy Grail". The claim was that they were killing off the bloodline of Jesus and the guardians instead of putting down a heresy. The baloney just keeps on coming. It keeps getting piled deeper and deeper.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra
One interesting thing about the "documentary" shown in those videos...

The documentary says that the secret societies of the "Weavers" would create financial and economic chaos before the end times in "2012".

The videos were posted to YouTube on May 2008.

Only in September 2008, after the bankrupt of Lehman Brothers bank, the "financial chaos" started, with the stock exchanges crashing worlwide, and the big banks being saved by TARP.

So, the videos were uploaded to YouTube BEFORE the "chaos" started...

irrelevant... People were preparing for the financial crash since 2007.

People knew it was going to occur, they prepared and are doing well in the recession

edit on 2-4-2012 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

One interesting thing about the "documentary" shown in those videos...

The documentary says that the secret societies of the "Weavers" would create financial and economic chaos before the end times in "2012".

The videos were posted to YouTube on May 2008.

Only in September 2008, after the bankrupt of Lehman Brothers bank, the "financial chaos" started, with the stock exchanges crashing worlwide, and the big banks being saved by TARP.

So, the videos were uploaded to YouTube BEFORE the "chaos" started...

irrelevant... People were preparing for the financial crash since 2007.

People knew it was going to occur, they prepared and are doing well in the recession

edit on 2-4-2012 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)

I don't need you to tell me what is relevant or not, Sir.

I decide for myself what I should consider relevant or not.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

I believe that DrNotforhire is quite correct in his assessment of the order of events and the relevance of the data.

You are free to ignore the facts.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Wolves have a 100% chance of survival and will even be trained to fly spaceships past 400 UC.

Hope that helps,

Mr medinet

P.S. Colonels are not needed after 20 UC when wolves learn how to use portable radios to communicate wolf calls.

Originally posted by ColAngus

Originally posted by survival

You may be paranoid and have been damaged by some authority figure.

When nothing happens will you come back and acknowledge having been wrong? Or will you just start a new ATS username and get right back to acting like a feral wolf child?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by survival

I'm going to ask the same question I have asked in a number of other threads. If 2012 is so special why was there not a single prophecy about it before 1984 when the GMT correlation was published giving us the December 21, 2012 date? For that matter why were most of these prophecies not published until recently when 2012 became big business?

Check this book:

McKenna, Terence and Dennis (1975). The Invisible Landscape: Mind, Hallucinogens, and the I Ching (1st ed.). Seabury. ISBN 978-0-8164-9249-7.

In that book, published in 1975, Terence McKenna mentions 2012 as a very significative year in the "teleological attractor at the end of time".

In the 1975 edition, he mentions 2012, but not specifically the date of December 21.

You should have checked out the great Xcalibur254's thread that got closed and pinned in less than 20 minutes by a super moderator. That should automatically tell you how important it is.

Here's an excerpt:

Beginning in the mid-70s writers began to pick up on the writings regarding the 13th baktun and incorporate them into their own theories. The first of these was New Age writer Frank Waters (1975). In his book Mexico Mystique: The Coming Sixth World of Consciousness attempted to tie the date of the 13th baktun to astrology and the Hope Blue Star Kachina prophecy. He believed that the convergence of these factors would produce a global shift in consciousness.

Similar claims were being made by Jose Arguelles and Terrence McKenna, although they did not originally associate their theories with the Mayans. It wasn't until Robert Sharer published a correlation table in the 4th edition of Morley's The Ancient Maya (1983) that corresponded the 13th baktun with December 21, 2012 that McKenna and Arguelles jumped on the Maya bandwagon.

Credit belongs to Xcalibur254

Here's his thread: The Maya and 2012 - timeline and references

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Hm... I could easily run with this in imagination, as it has only been three weeks since my husband and I found out that my great great great grandmother was french, and had immigrated to the US from the exact same area in France that I happen to live in now (just total coinicidence, I didn't know I had any french blood until then)... and what's more she came from a family of WEAVERS.

So I could maybe have some neat fantasies today about genetic memory or reincarnation, which is bringing me back here to find some hidden parchment in our three hundred year old home, an old guard tower for those being prosecuted by the Catholics, and with a graveyard we're about to dig into to make a terrace.... in a week. It was the graveyard used for all those in the area that could not be buried in the village (Catholic) grave yard.
Whoo hoo! Heck, I should make a book about this......

But seriously? Where did this information come from??? From what I understood of the Cathars before, they were refered to as weavers because they believed our reason for being here and manifesting in matter was to undertake the process of "weaving" or constructing an energetic or light body. Through the development of certain virtues and learning self mastery. That Jesus was simply one who had achieved it and shoudl be seen as an example of what we all are here to become and work towards. Integration of opposing forces into wholeness within ourselves. "Spiritualizing" matter and duality.

Nothing to do with actual weaving of cloth! And where did this idea of 2012 and a major cataclysm come from?
They say that no such documents haveever been found, so where do they get any idea at all about what may be in them (if they exist)? I thought they believed this was an ever continuing on going process, with the world always full of souls in various stages of spiritual development, not as a linear process for all with the same beginning, middle and end time for all..??

I guess I'd like more info on who made this and where and how they pull their conclusions. It is interesting, but I am feeling skeptical.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join