It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Stars viewed from ISS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Stunning video for your enjoyment absolutely magical.

Timelapse videos depicting the stars from low earth orbit, as viewed from the International Space Station. Images edited using Adobe Lightroom with some cropping to make the stars the focal point of each shot, and with manipulation of the contrast to bring out the stars a bit more.

vimeo.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Absolutely beautiful!

Good find, OP!!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Wow really really cool

I saw 5 ufos (I think they were shooting stars).

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
It's nice to finally get some clear video of space like that

Hope to see more soon!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Stars !???

They landed on moon, took pics, not a single stars, so what makes ISS can capture them ?
Either ISS or the moon landing is lying here. I think its the latter.

Again, why no stars on moon landing pics ?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

Because it was daytime on the moon. Our planet makes the sky blue because of the atmosphere and we can not see stars, the moon doesn't have one but the light from the sun does the same thing hence you can not see any stars.
If they landed and the sun wasnt shining on the moon you would have picked up stars.
Plus the moons surface is so reflective they had to make the cameras go on daylight setting.

I used to be a moon hoax believer until I studied it further and then I changed my mind.
edit on 25-3-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I loved the videos posted a few weeks back of the space stations whizzing around and watching the night time earth below glow with the citys and the blazing green aurora.

This is all kinds of cool in another way, i especially enjoyed the random parts outside and inside of the space station while it orbits, very pretty stars too

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Very nice, But I swear I just watched this a few days ago Via ATS.

Here is a few more -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

Because if they had set the exposure settings high enough on their cameras to see stars, the photoes would have been washed out in white, and you would not be able to see anything. This digital camera is able to adjust for light settings to see the stars and the city lights, which is why at times it starts to get really bright and the video cuts to the next scene.

Also op great find. The universe through unfiltered eyes is so beautifull.
edit on 25-3-2012 by Acronychal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by NullVoid
Stars !???

They landed on moon, took pics, not a single stars, so what makes ISS can capture them ?

Because it would have taken weeks and a lot of money to painstakingly render an approximation of the Milky Way on the backdrops.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Stars !???

You only see stars from the ISS when there is the Earths crescent in view, so they are looking 'sideways', though up to 6000 Km of ionosphere. You will not see any stars if they were to point a camera 'outwards', IE perpendicular to the Earths surface, as the ionosphere is not deep enough to allow the stars to be seen.
And you will not see the Moon, or the Sun, or any of the planets, from the ISS unless you can also see a crescent Earth. Sometimes the Earth is just out of view in their images, well composed images to try and fool us into thinking the stars are visible everywhere, but I can show, by looking through images taken just before or after those images, that the Earth is very close by, and they are still looking sideways through the ionosphere.
Yes, stars may not be visible in some instances because of too short an exposure time, but no matter how long an exposure, if you are looking straight up, or out, from the ISS, you will see none. NASA will not take me up on a challenge to prove otherwise.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
LOL

There you have it, I asked a simple question, get lots of different answers/explanation trying to say a simple thing.

Why not just say sun glares or sun light pollution? Easy.

Anyway, I choose to go with boymonkey74.

@Riakennor - they dont include that coz we might reverse back the stars position and get different result. LOL

Btw, sometime I still can see stars/planet with sun above the horizon in the morning.

Off to watch the movie

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
All I have to read is "images edited" and "to make stars focal point", and "increased contrast" to make me yawn at this. While its an awesome sight, it ALL seems over the top edited, including the colors.

This is not a true representation of what is really seen.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Stars !???

Please tell me you are not this ignorant in real life...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
How come we cant one of these things float around the moon?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

LOL

There you have it, I asked a simple question, get lots of different answers/explanation trying to say a simple thing.

Why not just say sun glares or sun light pollution? Easy.

Because it isn't as simple as saying "it's a light pollution problem". There are Two things at play here: Cameras and human eyes.:

First off, the cameras. As people correctly explained, the moon's surface is very bright, and the cameras were set to high shutter speeds. As said above, if the shutters were open long enough to allow stars to be seen, then the images would have been too bright and washed out.

Consider that fact that on a very dark and starry nigh, if you took your normal camera that is set to take pictures in daylight and took a picture of the star-filled sky, your pictures would probably end up showing nothing at all -- even though you could see the stars. The exposure time would be too low.

The other issue at play here is the human eye being acclimated to brightness. If you were inside your brightly lit house on that star-filled night, then went outside and looked up, you would not see most of the stars right away, except maybe only the brightest. It would take a while for your eyes to adjust.

Consider that the astronauts on the Moon (and in the space station) have their eyes acclimated to looking at the bright Moon (and bright earth in the case of the ISS crew). If the Moon astronauts decides to look straight up, it would take a while for the astronaut's eyes to adjust to the darkness enough to see stars. They spent most of their time looking straight ahead with the bright moon always in their field of view.

So, no. It wasn't the Sun's glare or light pollution exactly.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
really nice find, thanks for shareing

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

Just incredible thanks for the thread.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Great video
The feelings you get while watching it is almost indescribable. Totally makes you feel small in the grand scheme of the universe.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Nice relaxing video...I have a question though?? any one know what that shooting star looking thing is rising up from about an inch above atmosphere middle of the screen between 1:16 - 1:18 is? not jumping the gun or anything but it really sticks out and shooting stars I assume are plunging to the planet not away.
edit on 25-3-2012 by J2288 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2012 by J2288 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join