It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Urban Legend Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Anyone who wanted Aussie Urban Legends this is a thread dedicated to them. So anyone who wants to share of a local tale or more can share here.

I will kick it off with this one.

Australia, Tasmania, Ulverstone. North Motton, Allison Road

1921 a 13 year old girl by the name of Chrisy Venn gets brutally murdered and her body is placed into a hollow tree trunk beside the road.
This case remains unsolved.

But here is the fascination with the road.
Rumors of axes appearing on the road, car stalling, apparitions appearing around the place she was murdered.
I have driven this road at night and its quite eerie. allot of teenagers, ghost hunters, thrill seekers go down this road at night in search of the urban legend.

reading this page here tells you a bit more about it.
angelaathomas.com...

teamstrigois-unnatural.com...
edit on 25-3-2012 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Shouldn't this be in the "folktales and urban legends" board?
-Second

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Agree opps move Moderators Or Benevolent Dictators please move to correct forum if this is not right place.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

Better hope that they don't move it to the trash bin

On a positive note, an excellent idea for a thread mate

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Oh man, I've been waiting for an excuse to post this for weeks. The Pilliga Princess. Man calls into a radio show (seems to be roughly equivalent to C2C in the States) to tell his story about an encounter with some kind of unidentified being in the Pilliga Scrub. One of the most genuine-sounding verbal reports I've heard.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
That guy sounds so scared what ever it was must give him the creeps when he thinks about.

heres a map of the area I found off that site you posted.

edit on 3-4-2012 by amraks because: (no reason given)

bitey.com...
edit on 3-4-2012 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
There's the legend of the Granny flasher of Werribee, Victoria. She (the granny) would go down near a bridge crossing the Werribee river late at night (the one near hungry jacks), in nothing but a trench coat, and flashing randomly at young boys.

True story. I know it's true unfortunately LOL

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
hehe how amusing. bet you ran scared.

Reminds me of these lady in the shopping car park she was like your flys undone then said April fooled ya. But guess what it was the 31st. Why did this* lady think it was the 1st of April she living a day ahead. lol
edit on 3-4-2012 by amraks because: spelling*

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

AHAHAH she did it on the 31st! That's funny as. Better than doing it on the 1st. I bet she just forgot to zip up.

And you bet, me and my mates ran scared, laughing all the way to hungry jacks for the munchies ;-P

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I did some survey work at a mental ward and one day whilst standing alongside the construction manager this old sheila came up and asked us for some change for the drinks machine. I felt sorry for the old duck so went to grab my wallet and the construction manager was shaking his head and mouthing no to me. I kind of got his hint and declined and said no change and she said thanks and trundled off. Turned out the manager handed her some change the day prior amongst all the other workers at their smoko and as an act of appreciation she hitched up her dress and flashed herself at them. Without too many gory details the guys said it looked like Guy Sabastians head........
Wonder if her housing there co-incided with the granny flasher sightings stopping?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
She was telling me my zipper was undone, clearly a bit of a wigg(wigg is a family up this way that are inbred.)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
What about those abandoned underground railways featured in that sh##flick called 'The Tunnel'? I believe they are located in Sydney. Are there any actual myths or legends about these tunnels?
edit on 13-4-2012 by Franz von Humboldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I haven't heard of these abandoned tunnels fella, but I do know there are plenty of them around the Sydney heads (a bunch of cliffs near the entrance to Sydney harbour). I think these old tunnels there were tunneled underground linking a network of old abandoned naval batteries for defense.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
There is an old rail tunnel that runs through Waverton / Balls Head Point/ Sydney Harbour essentially.
Was probably in use 100yrs ago lol
If you follow this tunnel, which floods often and is approx. 250mtrs deeper then the current rail line it opens up underneath Hyde Park so you can see all the roots of the trees underground!
This then drains into the middle of Darling Harbour, if you are in a kayak you come out underneath the pier next to Home nightclub!
Sydney-siders will recognise these landmarks I'm sure...

There is also a great cave at Hole in the Wall, Whale beach, northern beaches called St Michaels cave.
This cave has a very beautiful array of indigenous cave paintings including a large rainbow serpent and turtles in stunning detail.
These are about 1500yrs old.
Because the cave is so deep the paintings have been naturally protected from decay and are still very fresh looking.
Also it's precarious location halfway up a cliff next to water means people have barely disturbed it.
Hardly anyone goes in there, its a bit of a rock climb.

edit on 19-4-2012 by wagtail because: spelling

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Wow, I had no idea about that. It's amazing they haven't gone to huge efforts to stop people from going into the cave, the amount of idiots out there that would deface that sort of art astounds me..... The old tunnel sounds like it'd be a hoot in the wet with a canoe provided you made it out alive......

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Paldr001au

Well there is a floor to ceiling fence in front of the cave now but you can walk straight around it.
Like I said where it's located halfway down a sheer cliff means few people are aware of it.

Full moon parties though, generally a few 'hippies' head in there to camp out and such but they are pretty respectful of the surroundings, hardly any rubbish left lying around and so on.
It definitely has a 'sacred' vibe in it too, I dont think anyone who has been in there has felt the urge to deface it...
even the local hooligans get it.

And yes, the trip under the city is pretty spectacular, never what I would call reasonably safe though... I was young and dumb when I did it

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
yeah I wouldn't call anything safe that gets flushed with water.

Do you recall them two graffiti artists a girl and guy getting killed in a tunnel in sydney?

It was quite sad, These people where good artists not the kinda who scribble junk.

Anyway someone must know of more urban legends?

new topics

top topics

join