It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish shampoo ad featuring Hitler stirs protests

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Turkish shampoo ad featuring Hitler stirs protests

www.hurriyetdailynews .com

A shampoo commercial on Turkish television has drawn protests from Turkey’s Jewish community for using Adolf Hitler to promote the product.

The Chief Rabbinate of Turkey issued a press statement yesterday to condemn the commercial and protest the company.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Sun Mar 25 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

The commercial shows black-and-white footage of Hitler making a speech dubbed in Turkish with German subtitles. “If you are not wearing female clothes, do not use shampoo for women. Here it is. If you are a man, you have to use this shampoo. Real men use it,” Hitler says in promoting the shampoo which the company claims was produced for the special needs of men.

Using Hitler, who massacred more than 6 million people – most of whom were Jews – in an advertisement for any reason is categorically unacceptable, Chief Rabbi İshak Haleva said.

“This is beyond all ethics, as well as a huge insult to human rights,” Haleva said in a written statement. “We believe and expect that the necessary sensitivity will be shown and that a correction will be made soon.”

Those of us who are following the recent economic agreemant between Israel and Cypurs and the upcoming agreemant between Greece, Cypurs and Israel in a joint Natural Gas exploration know all to well why this person's figure was used.

However, given that only 24hrs ago Turkey's Naval Command issued a warning to Greece, Cypurs and Israel along with a Norwegian Company who leads the world market in deep sea drilling has been heard and steps behind the scenes on a military level have already commenced without creating to much of a media wave.

Russia has released a flash meeting with both Greece and Cyprus oil ministers along with an Israeli dispatch to Cyprus in the upcoming week to finalize and implement what guarantees to be interesting as to the outcome that will solidify a new era in the energy sector.

For those who are not familiar as to how and when Russia got involved in this issue ill put you upto speed by saying that Russian oil giant Gazprom has invested billions into Cyprus via its company from within Greece. I fear Turkey may have bitten the bullet when it decided to go against U.S. and Israeli foreign policy and since Russia has an active interest i highly doubt that Turkey will have any other option but to turn its eye towards the Middle East as most of us have already noticed in the past few weeks.

www.hurriyetdailynews .com

Gazprom May Search for Greek Cyprus Gas

State controlled Russian energy giant Gazprom may bid for the development of hydrocarbon fields in Greek Cyprus, a top executive of a Russian commerce association has announced, according to the Anatolia News Agency.

“We know that Gazprom wishes to participate in the tender. We would like experienced Russian firms to operate on [Greek] Cypriot fields,” said Georgy Petrov, the head of the Commerce and Industry Chamber of Russia. He added that the tender regarding the development of the fields will be lodged next spring.

Petrov did not elaborate on whether other Russian energy firms would bid for the tender, but he said that the hydrocarbon reserves were located in the Mediterranean continental shelf of the Greek Cyprus.

Gaz prom

edit on 25-3-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Mar 25 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: moved video from OP, used EX tags

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
They say a picture is worth a thousand words and in this case it seems very true. In a recent meeting between Mr. B.O. and R.E. we can see that someone is displeased and takes no side steps in showing it during the end of meeting photo op as is customary at such high level talks.

Note the body language.

Extended index finger leaves no room for misinterpretation

edit on 25-3-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I wonder what would've happened if this was shown here in Germany on TV

I don't know if it's wrong (in this world full of political correct madness it is) but i guess the advertisement company and the shampoo company got what they wanted: lots and lots of attention.

But i have to say that there is actually a big nazi problem in Turkey. Hitlers "Mein Kampf" has record sales over there (same in india) and it's no secret that for whatever reasons most turkish people absolutely hate jews. You even hear it here in Germany. Lots (not all of course!) of turkish immigrants use "Judenschwein" (jewish pig) as insult. Most of the time they can't even explain the hate. I once asked one who was about 20 years old, why he hates jews and struggled for words, coming out with nothing better but "They're assholes who need to die". It's frightening how filled with hate they are.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

I can only guess that part of it might be due to the fact that Israel is the key to all of the Middle East and Turkey has no way in placing its foot within the door. It tried this with Egypt and it also tried this with the flotilla and both ended disastrously.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The owner of Biomed shampoo company is in Kuwait
that is what the US made it safe for

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
nice PR stunt...not that funny...but it had a huge echo and thats all commercials are made for, people talk about the product...

reply to post by ShadowAngel85

this "judenschweine" is not really anti-jewish or is everyone whos using "spast" (spaz) also against disabled people....

a long time a lot of my friends (upper middle class, all @ universitys) used to say "untermensch"...but seriously noone is a nazi...not even close...

people, especially young people tak this way....

and the anti-jewish attitude...look in this forum, how often do you hear "zionism is the reason for 9/11 or zionists run the world"...
edit on 25-3-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

edit on 25-3-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Umm, the average Turkish person doesn't give a rats ass about who or what Jews represent.

The right conservatives don't like Israel in general, and the current trend of putting Hitlers videos in things has become a meme in Turkey. I see kids sharing it around all the time on websites, there was one the other day, some kid made a meme of it by putting his own voice in it and it said the following: " This facebook timeline thing, has mucked us all, its ruining my day" etc, I actually thought it was funny.

Politically we were all nice and dandy (I'm Turkish) until they killed those NGO members in the Turkish ship. What a catastrophe that was. We even have multiple military contracts with Israel, I think we still do, am not sure I haven't looked it up. Those poor people on the ship should have seen it coming though, the IDF isn't known for its 'tolerance' or 'war ethics'. Heh.

edit on 25-3-2012 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

merhaba

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
While it might not be the most PC of commercials I think the idea is sort of funny, and it was well put together. It is not like it is attacking anyone specifically, though I can see how the image might bother a few people I do not see that it should be seen as offensive.

Yes it is Hitler, but they are simply using an image to gain some attention. It was not a commercial with Hitler actually speaking just an animated image with dubbed sound. The shear silliness of Hitler going on about shampoo is what makes it somewhat humorous. Then again off the wall humor has always amused me, sometimes in life you just have to not take everything so seriously.

Raist

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
yeah it's kinda like having napoleon or genghis khan in a shampoo commercial the humor i see is it's shampoo. kinda hardcore if you think about it. if you don't like it sell your volkswagen

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

I liked the advert.

Just because Hilter is in it does not mean its a bad thing.

Yes the Nazis have a questionable history but HILTER was a GREAT speaker!!! No denying he could give a speech!! I think that is one fact rather overlooked.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Indeed he had a magnetism that no other leader during that decade could rival him, his human listening posts and pulse meters were what today can be categorized as '"trends". I have studied that persons methods very extensively as much as history is able to allow me from both sides of the fence. He seemed to be the very oxygen and blood that fueled the nation and i would go as far as to say that he felt this pulse once he begun rubbing shoulders with the common person within the streets. If one can put aside what atrocities he placed upon the planet and focused on his methods you can actually draw parallel lines in methods used by today's world leaders in all aspects of mass exposure and influencing the audience to an almost frenzy state of euphoria.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins
reply to post by Six6Six

Indeed he had a magnetism that no other leader during that decade could rival him, his human listening posts and pulse meters were what today can be categorized as '"trends". I have studied that persons methods very extensively as much as history is able to allow me from both sides of the fence. He seemed to be the very oxygen and blood that fueled the nation and i would go as far as to say that he felt this pulse once he begun rubbing shoulders with the common person within the streets. If one can put aside what atrocities he placed upon the planet and focused on his methods you can actually draw parallel lines in methods used by today's world leaders in all aspects of mass exposure and influencing the audience to an almost frenzy state of euphoria.

If Adolph Hitler had died in 1938 he would be remembered as one of the greatest statesman of the 20th century.

Adolf Hitler: Man of the Year, 1938

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Hitler was a horrible person
It always amazes me though that it's always only jews that are disgusted at his mention

MANY others died too

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Well to be honest I thought it was a good advert
Lets get real, if any one needed their head doing. Them it was old adolf
Did he use the shampoo on his tash?
edit on 25-3-2012 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

well dang, a top of the morning merhaba to you too LOL

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
So its ok to use Hitler to kill Palestinians, but not ok to use Hitler as shampoo

Seems legit

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Interesting ad. Wonder if R.E. will step in to condemn it like his Buddy Barack steps in to chide talk show hosts?

President Barack Obama and Turkey’s controversial Islamist prime minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan have become such bosom buddies that Erdogan is giving Obama advice on raising his American daughters.

Obama, who met with Erdogan March 25 at the nuclear summit in South Korea, has already met with Erdogan numerous times. He touted their relationship as a “friendship” in a January interview that was hyped by Erdogan’s press allies.

President Barack Obama and Turkey’s controversial Islamist prime minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan have become such bosom buddies that Erdogan is giving Obama advice on raising his American daughters.

Obama, who met with Erdogan March 25 at the nuclear summit in South Korea, has already met with Erdogan numerous times. He touted their relationship as a “friendship” in a January interview that was hyped by Erdogan’s press allies.

Interesting comments from Obama All I can say is WOW! Did Obama really know what he was saying? Yes!!

Obama likely made the error, Rubin said, “because he is so unselfconscious and is not used to having to think through his remarks.”

Still, “it is shocking that [Obama suggests] he takes child-raising advice from a radical Islamist,” whose wife dresses in black cloaks or tight headscarves when traveling in the West, said Rubin.

Overall, the White House statement about the meeting “goes beyond polite praise and good manners and practically slobbers over a repressive, pro-Iran leader whose hatred for Israel is literally hysterical,” said Rubin.

The White House statement included statements by both Obama and Erdogan, but no press questions.

“I just want to say how much I appreciate the opportunity to once again meet with my friend and colleague, Prime Minister Erdogan … I find Prime Minister Erdogan to be an outstanding partner and an outstanding friend on a wide range of issues,” Obama began.

Erdogan responded to Obama by saying, “My dear friend, Barack, thank you very much for a very fruitful meeting today,” and then sketched out his plans to visit Iran’s theocratic government this week and to arrange a U.S-Turkey summit in June, before he ended with the comment that, “I also told you about my daughters.”

Over the last decade, Erdogan has pushed Turkey in an Islamist direction, rolling back the country’s secular laws — including laws that curb the wearing of Islamist headscarves — jailing many journalists, cooperating with Iran’s theocracy, spurring hostility towards Israel and demanding Israel apologize for forcibly stopping a May 2010 Islamist flotilla that was launched from Turkey.

Read more: dailycaller.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

It's not nice but it is funny...I mean, have you ever seen the hitler B.I.G. freestyle rap?
youtu.be...

caution: cursing.

And OP, i'm sorry but what was with the pictures of Obama. I seriously doubt he gives a damn about a hitler shampoo commercial.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join