It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Have made this thread to track what's going on with Anonymous this year. This year above any other should see a lot of things happening regarding them, especially seeing as they're split up into so many different groups and doing so many different things.

Request to posters :

Can we please try and keep this thread as chilled out as possible. I know there's many that aren't fans of Anon but if so and you post in here :

Please try not to attack posters in the thread with baiting tactics/trolling, or to generalise the whole of Anonymous as one type of person, etc, because we all know there's many different people with Anon from all walks of life.
If you have a problem with Anonymous please state why instead of just giving them abuse. If you have a theory regarding them try and back it up with some research that you've done and share it in your post(s). If we discuss it properly there's a lot of intelligent people around here and maybe we can work a decent bit out.

A video that I saw recently and liked :

TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE

15k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or Post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on the Websites or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

Links :

AnonSec - Twitter

YourAnonNews - Twitter

YourAnonNews - tumblr

Anonymous Central - tumblr

Operation AntiSec

Project Mayhem 2012 / PM2012 - Anonymous Central

Another ATS thread related to EtherSec and OpEpoch : Anonymous - EtherSec - OpEpoch - 2012

Lulzsec Returns?

FawkesSecurity - Twitter

One more vid found just now, that has a message about as clear as any I've heard :

15k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or Post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on the Websites or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

If anyone else is around that's following what's happening with Anon, please add anything related that you find interesting. And lets try and keep it civil please!
edit on 25-3-2012 by robhines because: added links/video, etc

edit on March 26th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
When I try to ask myself what Anon has done, for us, humans. I just can't find any good reasons why I should love them, even though in the start I had another kind of view on them.

But now, what have they done, that changed anything for you, and me?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Who knows what they are doing. I know a couple weeks ago they shut down the vatican's website for a bit.

Even god isn't safe from anon.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
They change awareness.
Here, I don´t think of the users on ATS, but they appeared even in the "small" newspapers where I live.
And because I know that thoughts change everything, they have changed the awareness of some.
Even if it would be only one person, sometimes it´s the tipping point.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

This is just my personal oppinion, but , I have seen and can see how this Annon ,has changed things for many.
Like stated above, they have made more and more people that would normally not give a rats ass awhere of issues and concerns that most of us are facing an a day to day basis. Lets see how long a person remains free of any charges IF they were to stand up for what is just and right. Lets see how long a group of anyone who stands against the corruption of our police and systems remains free. I think that is the whole point of the masks.
IF THEY dont know who you are how can they shut you up? I sapport anonymous as long as they remain smart and do not become dumb asses..

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I support what SOME anons do and to be quite honest, I love the concept. Conversely I hate what SOME anons do also. I usually like anon videos and their messages, and in this one the written messages are those I usually support, and the visual...I think people need to SEE how bad things are getting...

That said, this video freaked me out badly, I'm not quite sure why. The random images that didn't fit with the theme...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
For those that didn't check the Lulzsec link. When the voice has finished if you turn up the volume and listen to the tune in the background it's pretty awesome, have been laughing at it quite a bit :

So April 1st is probably going to see them doing something. Regarding the FBI problem, from the comment section :

@chewbaca1989 Don't worry... We're fed free, just here for teh lulz

FawkesSecurity 2 days ago

I know we can't know if that's true or not, so it'll be interesting to see what they get up to if they start up again.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Have a feeling this might be where this all ends up :

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Thanks for the additions greeneyedleo, will comment properly on any future videos added.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
One of the things trending on twitter quite a bit at the moment is an article titled : Hacks of Valor - Why Anonymous Is Not a Threat to National Security. Thought it was interesting because it's coming from a site published by the Council on Foreign Relations. (CFR.)

Seeing Anonymous primarily as a cybersecurity threat is like analyzing the breadth of the antiwar movement and 1960s counterculture by focusing only on the Weathermen. Anonymous is not an organization. It is an idea, a zeitgeist, coupled with a set of social and technical practices. Diffuse and leaderless, its driving force is “lulz” -- irreverence, playfulness, and spectacle. It is also a protest movement, inspiring action both on and off the Internet, that seeks to contest the abuse of power by governments and corporations and promote transparency in politics and business. Just as the antiwar movement had its bomb-throwing radicals, online hacktivists organizing under the banner of Anonymous sometimes cross the boundaries of legitimate protest. But a fearful overreaction to Anonymous poses a greater threat to freedom of expression, creativity, and innovation than any threat posed by the disruptions themselves.

Source : Hacks of Valor

For those that don't know much about the possible influence of the CFR, check some of the members they've had/have here : Members of the Council on Foreign Relations

And their main wiki page is here : Council on Foreign Relations
edit on 5-4-2012 by robhines because: added link

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
For all of you that are sitting there cosily in support of this corrupt system, thinking that the system will carry on just fine and that nothing will change, despite these pesky movements that are causing disturbances lately, you might want to stop for a minute or so and have a serious think about what this could actually mean.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
One more here that expands on what was said in the previous clip.

If you think this year is going to pass smoothly I'd suggest you're living in a dream world.

edit on 11-6-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I am in love with Anonymous's plan to "fight the power/man". If people could really come together like that ,we would be the NWO/Illuminati's worst fear. But both entities know that the chances of that happening are about as good as snow falling on the hilltops of hell. They will wake some up to the cause, but sadly I don't think it will ever be enough to make a difference. Too little, too late. I myself even hate typing that out, but my faith in humanity can only come from what I have seen in the past and not enough of us or previous generations have kicked and screamed nearly loudly enough.

I do hope they keep it up though. Never quit fighting until the battle is completely lost and the fat lady has sung!
edit on 6/11/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I think it only takes a small group of people to change the world, and if you think about it, that's exactly what TPTB have done themselves so we have 100% proof already that it can be done. Will just wait and see what happens anyway.

One of the pm2012 accounts on twitter just posted this too, cracked me up : vimeo.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Last video then I'm done with the Project Mayhem thing. Will be following up with some stuff about #OpRealityHacking in the near future though I think. There's just starting to be so much more to Anonymous than what people usually think they are that it's pretty mind blowing.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Pretty disappointed really, hoping things pick up towards the end of the year.

Are we destined to be slaves or are we going to try and wake up?

edit :

IN TYLER WE TRUST!

This isn't over yet.

You *snip* puppets. Your fake reality has been compromised.
edit on 24-8-2012 by robhines because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I'll be impressed with them when they take on Wall Street or RIAA/MPAA. Until then I''m no big fan of theirs and consider them rabble rousers without a real clue.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
I'll be impressed with them when they take on Wall Street or RIAA/MPAA. Until then I''m no big fan of theirs and consider them rabble rousers without a real clue.

Some of them have more than just a clue. This clip like I said in another thread is one of the best messages I've ever seen from one of them. People have to remember that the videos they see don't and can't represent the whole of anonymous. There could be other anons posting videos taking a completely opposite stance, that's the nature of it, it's not led by a few, it can't be, because that defeats the root aspect of it. On that note, even though I'm still neutral about the Dec 21st thing, I like this message from one of them :

new topics

top topics

join