It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality Is An illusion Taking Place Inside Our Brains And Nowhere Else

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
where else would it take place ?

lol
Most likely inside the science laboratory of some super advanced class-3 alien civilization existing within an alternate reality,another dimension...
edit on 7-6-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
reply to post by blocula

Why does a photo look like what we see? Does a camera

interpret reality by fabricating comfortable images that are compatible with itself
???
Cameras and the photographs they take were conceived and created by our brains,the same brains that are continuously fabricating this illusion we want to think and need to believe is reality...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
A nice little bit of psychobabble bull# you have here, do you have a point or not?

I've come across this thinking before, and the same thought came to mind: It's like saying a cake isn't really a cake. It's flour and water and sugar and flavoring.

Okay, but I'm still going to eat the cake, so the reasoning that it isn't a cake plays no role whatsoever in reality.

I'm still going to live and touch and feel things, so the reasoning that we are nothing plays no role whatsoever in reality.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

We can make cakes and eat them,but then all too soon afetrwards,where are they? gone forever, returned back into the stardust from where they came,just like everything else eventually does, including you and i...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I don't know where your used food ends up blocula, but mine usually ends up in the toilet, or the hood of a police car, depending on how many drinks I've had.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

returned back into the stardust from where they came

Stardust from a projected holographic illusion? Now that's interesting. Fascinated by your world where contradictions equal truth.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Its not easy,trying to think and talk without using thoughts and words derived from the self delusional spell of enchanted illusions thats been cast within us all,genetic alterations intentionally designed to keep our minds as far away from reality as possible...

edit on 8-6-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Yes it is very hard to write, when all the writing is a spell in itself, but shooting from the heart, is best. We are stuck with language and Family very hard at springing all the traps.

Its actually my belief that when you are awake and aware there is no spell that works on you, ie, for you notice the spell and cancel it out.

One of my earlier threads: www.abovetopsecret.com...
English Language, hidden codes in the matrix!

The videos on it are good. And not just english either but words borrowed from older languages where the hidden meanings stack on each other.

edit on 8-6-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
There are vast multitudes of sounds existing all around us,that we are unable to hear,because they exist outside the frequency range of our hearing,one simple example being a dog whistle...

There are vast multitudes of colors and objects of various sizes existing all around us,that we are unable to see, because they exist outside of our visible spectrum,like gamma rays and radio waves...

We are only able to perceive of a fraction of a fraction of the entire electromagnetic spectrum, most of whatever reality actually is,resides far beyond the perceptive abilities of our five senses...

Amazingly,those invisible and inaudible realities only really exist within our minds and nowhere else...

Nothing is real...All is illusion...

edit on 9-6-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
"The world you see has nothing to do with reality,it is of your own making and it does not exist,it is really nothing more than a projection of the mind"...Raveena Nash > allanillusion.com...
edit on 9-6-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
An amazing revelation and an undeniable fact,is understanding that our eyes dont see anything,they are not capable of sight,our eyes are really nothing more than light receptors and so everything we think we are seeing,tasting,hearing,smelling and touching in the real world,is actually happening within a reality that only exists inside our brains,within our minds,so like it or not,admit it or not,all is illusion and we are born,living and dying within a massive lie and an intentionally induced deception...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
We have to be in this reality like this, there can't be any other way. What we all want is to feel happy, even those who suffer by trying to work out some model, they do this so they can be happy again once the model is finished.

What if people could feel happy just by using their willpower? Most people can't, they need physical events for this to happen. So to eat a cake is wanting to experience a taste which will bring about temporary happiness, just remembering that taste isn't sufficient (real enough) for the brain to produce the chemicals that bring about this happiness. There has to be some reason behind it for the brain to produce those chemicals, even if the brain can make them without having to eat a cake. That is, unless it's a chocolate cake or it's laced with some drug there are no chemicals in the cake itself that would create any happiness. That reason is the idea of the cake, something which is not so much about nourishment but as something that can be enjoyed, that will taste good.

This can all be traced back to the times when we didn't have the intellect as we have now. Animals need feelings of hunger to go out and get food then they get a good feeling as a reward. They need to get that good feeling after having sex otherwise they wouldn't do it.

People need those feelings, one of the most important is that we are all real (not in a physical sense but more like having a personality or human spirit) and exist in the same single shared world which can have the same truths for everyone, they don't want to think how one is only talking to the image of the other in their own mind. The first creates feelings of not being alone and the chance of everyone uniting together under a single truth (which many religions tried doing), the other implies we are forever alone in our own minds which might reflect the real world (both physical and our assumptions about it) in some degree or until science and technology has made it possible for brains to link up to eachother and truly share brains. And most importantly, the latter implies each individual has powers to make up their own truth, which makes people unpredictable and what is unknown is usually feared.
edit on 14/6/2012 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

Living within this life,is like watching a three dimensional holographic movie,while existing inside the movie your watching,at the same time,knowing the movie is intentionally projected upon a screen and realizing this reality we want to think and need to believe is truly real,is really only an illusion thats purposefully projected by our brains upon the imaginary screen within our minds...

edit on 15-6-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
"Reality is an illusion taking place inside our brains and nowhere else"-OP I think you are right and after eons of pain, pleasure, being slave and master, angel and demon...I did say pain already didn't I? Yes well one day we will awaken all alone seated in a lotus position. We will be in a white room where musak is being played, (you know the kind you have heard in an elevator many, many times)....you notice that I didn't say music but musak to note it's ridiculously banal quality. As you sit there looking about the white room, you see nothing but white walls and you say to yourself, WTF? WTF indeed.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by WilburMercer

Reality is a projection of the mind...

It doesnt really exist...

Beyond the perceived ability of our five senses taking place within our brains...

All is illusion...

Something or someone has intentionally wrapped an invisible wall around this planet...

The curtain of holographic stars we call the void of outer space...

Something or someone has purposefully induced imaginary mirages within our minds...

Keeping the vast majority of people relentlessly fiending for illusory materialism...

Because something or someone wants humanity to feel hopelessly trapped and helplessly small...

But i dont believe we really are...

We're just nefariously designed with the sinister desire to need to think we are...

While living inside these soul shrouds of temporary flesh...
edit on 17-6-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Too much Pink Floyd can lead to using 'Pillow of Wind' quotes and thoughts of reality in terms of our senses.

Fun in college w/ certain paper guides, but it can lead to serious debilitation if scrutinized too much.

Just be.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

"There is far more to this world than taught in our schools,shown in the media,or proclaimed by the church and state.Most of mankind lives in a hypnotic trance,taking to be reality what is instead a twisted simulacrum of reality,a collective dream in which values are inverted,lies are taken as truth and tyranny is accepted as security.They enjoy their ignorance and cling tightly to the misery that gives them identity"...Thomas Cox

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
blocula and his article are just illusions. The illusion is aware of itself an illusion. But still that awareness is an illusion.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
In my opinion, the point is to generate a meaningful illusion. For the time that you have, put on a show worth remembering, a show that inspires bigger and better and greater and more meaningful illusions. Regardless of whether the images or sounds or feelings are actually there, the point is to create meaning for yourself and others so that they may learn how to do it themselves. Then you spend the rest of your life sharing in the illusions we have all made together.

There is no winning the game. There is only making sure that the game is a beautiful one. Even if it is an illusion. And while I've never been a huge fan of Miley Cyrus, there is one song she made that I feel fits perfectly with this message.

For those who can't watch the video:

I can almost see it
That dream I am dreaming
But there's a voice inside my head saying
"You'll never reach it"

Every step I'm taking
Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking

But I gotta keep trying
Gotta keep my head held high

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

The struggles I'm facing
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down
But no, I'm not breaking

I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I'm gonna remember most, yeah
Just gotta keep going

And I, I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on

'Cause there's always gonna be another mountain
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

It's the climb, yeah!

There's always gonna be another mountain
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Somebody's gonna have to lose

It's the climb, yeah!

It's not about reaching the top. It's about what happens on the way there. The goal is not to be king. Not to be god. Not to amass enormous piles of wealth or be the prettiest girl in the world or have the biggest muscles or fastest car. It's not to deny yourself or become one with the universe. Those things can be fun, but you lose sight of what's important about experiencing them. You miss the forest for the trees. You miss the game for the ball. The ball is not the spirit of the game. Nor are the players, or the audience, or the coaches or referees. The spirit of the game is the game itself.

The goal is to play a beautiful game.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Whatever drugs you're on ill take 2 pleez.

If i get a women pregnant even tho we both dont know it or anyone on earth you're saying the baby doesent exist until what? i look at it or think about it? the baby will grow regardless with no one ever looking at, smelling, touching, tasting or listening to it. It is there.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join