It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality Is An illusion Taking Place Inside Our Brains And Nowhere Else

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by choos

Sorry but i dont believe that person never slept for 38 years,its utterly impossible for any human body to exist and require no sleep and surely that person is not continuously supervised and perpetually watched over all the time,twenty four hours a day,seven days a week...

edit on 29-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by choos

Sorry but i dont believe that person never slept for 38 years,its utterly impossible for any human body to exist and require no sleep and surely that person is not continuously supervised and perpetually watched over all the time,twenty four hours a day,seven days a week...

so he was a highly paid actor than.

this guy as well claimed to have never slept:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by choos

We may or may not have known about carbon monoxide a long time ago,meaning we probably didnt think of a name for it yet,but either way,the masters of this illusion we think is our reality certainly knew about it,because they created it,our brains...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

reply to post by choos

We may or may not have not known about carbon monoxide a long time ago,but either way,the masters of this illusion we think of as reality certainly knew about it,our brains...

clearly they didnt, these miners go in they die, they go WTF?? and run, bring in canaries they die and their own survival rates go up. but why did they go in there in the first place if they knew they would die? why didnt they bring in the canaries first instead of being surprised by carbon monoxide?

our brains dont even realise we get carbon monoxide poisoning.
edit on 29-4-2012 by choos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

reply to post by choos

here are a few more who couldnt sleep some alive some dead:

www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Sorry, but NO.
Our perception of reality is the illuision.
Reality will continue whether we are here to perceieve it (or at least 'perceive' the we perceive it,), or not.
Our existence does not determine factuality, any more than my critique on a famine in Ethiopia justifies the veracity of its' truth.
Existence does not require me to validate its' own existence couretesy of my my own jaded and biased interpretations of it.
Somebody once described it to me as a group of old men attempting to quantify 'truth' in terms of their own understandings and perceptions.
And yet....TRUTH stands outside of our perceptions,beliefs, pre-convictions,interpretations and understandings and says, 'No, you've got it all wrong. The fact is that YOU are all being assesed and observed in relation to ME, not the other way around'.
TRUTH in it's PUREST form has no need or requirement for the justifications and accidental stumblings of humanity to observe and assess mit.
TRUTH stands outside of our arrogance, looks at us with our magnifying glass attempting to scrutitinse truth and says,
'I AM TRUTH. What are YOU (points the finger at our mortal, semi conscious entity,) in relation to ME?'

We are not the definer of the experiment. We are the SUBJECT of the experiment.
How's that for an alternative perception of truth as far as we THINK we know it?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucius Driftwood

Yay for sanity in this thread!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Thanks, man!
Apologies for the spelling mistakes.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucius Driftwood

This universe and everything within it,that we think and believe is our reality,only really exists within our minds,because our eyes are light receptors,our eyes are not capable of sight,they dont see anything at all and so every image we see,every sound we hear,every flavor we taste,every odor we smell,every object we touch,are all arranged and formed and perceived within our brains and nowhere else and so like it or not,admit it or not, nothing is real and birth,life and death are illusions...
edit on 2-5-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I also found this interesting article: www.mindreality.com...

While looking at your feet, stomp on the ground. You will notice that your visual perception of your foot hitting the floor matches your sensation of touching it. This would be fine except for one thing: the speed of light is vastly faster than the conduction times and synaptic delays through the long nerves and spinal cord from your feet. As a result, you should be seeing the event before you feel it and the delay should be noticeable.

edit on 3-5-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Buddy, it's been pointed out numerous times that this is illogical, and psychotic delusion.

Reality doesn't depend on our brains interpretation of things.

If the whole world was set ablaze by a direct hit of a mega flare, the universe, and all it's things would continue on as if we never existed.
edit on 3-5-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Have you read the article you linked? Do you believe this?

We sense energy directly with our mind. We do not actually live with oxygen flooding our cells through the use of blood. We absorb energy directly from the universal field of energy. We perceive everything as energy directly with consciousness.

It would seem to me that anyone that believes this kind of woo woo garbage would be willing to put that to the test.
I guess the family I just saw on the news recently that died of carbon monoxide poisoning in their sleep just didn't know how to absorb energy from the field.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

"Reality is merely an illusion,albeit a very persistent one"...Albert Einstein

"Nothing exists except atoms and empty space,everything else is opinion"...Democritus

"Reality is a palette that humans paint on to let themselves sleep better at night"...Author Unknown

"Do not be misled by what you see around you,or be influenced by what you see.You live in a world which is a playground of illusion,full of false paths,false values and false ideals.But you are not part of that world"...Sai Baba

edit on 3-5-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

"Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed". Neil Armstrong.

Were your quotes intended to be evidence of something? I've asked you before to define illusion as you're using the term. Can you at least try to give some idea of what you mean by illusion? Leave light out of the explanation if you don't mind as surely you understand that not everyone can see.

edit on 3-5-2012 by DenyObfuscation because: change terms to keep up with bloc's add-on quotes

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Whats In A Touch? Why Two Surfaces Can Never Meet > www.worsleyschool.net...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

What makes it an illusion? There's nothing there that says matter isn't real.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Think about looking at a smooth white wall.We think we see a smooth white wall,but what does that smooth white wall really look like? It is actually comprised of mostly empty space,with billions of atoms,protons, neutrons,electrons and quarks all flying,soaring,spinning and vibrating helter skelter and yet we see none of that going on,we see none of them when we look at that smooth white wall with our eyes,because our eyes are only light receptors,our eyes are not capable of sight,our eyes dont see anything and so in reality,that smooth white wall is just a comfortable and convenient image formed within our brains,a version of reality that isnt real,that smooth white wall does not really exist, it is an illusion and so is everything else we think we are seeing with our eyes,that dont really see anything at all...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Think about looking at a smooth white wall.We think we see a smooth white wall,but what does that smooth white wall really look like? It is actually comprised of mostly empty space,with billions of atoms,protons, neutrons,electrons and quarks all flying,soaring,spinning and vibrating helter skelter and yet we see none of that going on,we see none of them when we look at that smooth white wall with our eyes,because our eyes are only light receptors,our eyes are not capable of sight,our eyes dont see anything and so in reality,that smooth white wall is just a comfortable and convenient image formed within our brains,a version of reality that isnt real,that smooth white wall does not really exist, it is an illusion and so is everything else we think we are seeing with our eyes,that dont really see anything at all...

Talk about flogging a rotting, dead horse...what's Your point?
...obviously, there is what is called a 'consensual reality'...otherwise, there would be no way we could operate in the world effectively, or at all...whether it is REAL, or not...is moot...and banging on about one of the most basic points towards understanding, as if you were the first to discover it, is boring...like all learning, you will transcend this idea and incorporate it into a greater 'reality' view...like learning the alphabet, then learning how to spell, then writing sentences, then writing stories, then writing poetry...knowing what you know is fantastic buddy, but, there is more on which your 'discovered' idea sits...

A

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Whats In A Touch? Why Two Surfaces Can Never Meet > www.worsleyschool.net...

I actually have a hard time understanding the logic behind this. If two surfaces never meet, how do things stick? If this were true, water balloons full of orange paint wouldn't create a devastating mess in an office building, and I wouldn't have gotten fired last Tuesday.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I think what you're saying here is that WE don't see the empty space.

And you have a point. Reality IS an illusion, but does it exist outside our mind?

But what WE are saying to you is that there's a WHITE WALL there.

You deny that there's a WHITE WALL that exists outside yourself.

When Einstein said that this reality is incredibly persistent he was not making a joke as if to say that reality is like a blowhard. In fact, I think it's in some wya related to this:
freespace.virgin.net...

(Scroll down to Persistence.)

In MY mind, persistence is... reality. When I move a cup, the cup is moved. If I turn off the light and move the cup and turn on the light, the cup is moved. When I write my name down on a piece of paper then it remains there until it's either erased or in some way removed from it. Persistence means that when you look at something you will see identifiable shapes and things. If this world lacked persistence it would just be a lot of random garbled noise that wouldn't make any sense to anybody. Persistence means that you can change something, leave it, and come back to it later.

YOU are saying that our mind creates this reality. I'm not convinced of that. I think reality exists outside my mind. But I'll never be able to PROVE it. It just seems more likely.

I can't prove you're wrong about this. I can't prove that my mind isn't inside a box and being fed a simulated reality. Nor can I prove that this reality exists outside my mind.

I have every reason to think this reality exists outside myself. It's fully and completely beyond me. My dreams have never approached the clarity and depth of this reality.
edit on 4-5-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join