It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Pyramid Secrets in Plain Sight WOW

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
reply to post by michaelbrux

or it could be for all men and women on earth
and some have subverted the knowledge to control and enslave others,
i like the idea that understanding the mysteries would allow to remove the barriors from our minds that self enslave us,

in that manner if one or many were to see the understanding,
as long as that information was shared without cost or predudise
then a long awaited raising in awareness would accour for all,

you may be such a person, anyone could be,
maby that is the lesson,
we all are that person and will be upon sharing the knowledge

i really like your thinking but canot give any specific answers

xploder

considering when the pyramids were built and that a great deal of civilization, especially the west, owes its most basic knowledge to the eyptians to the extent we may in fact be their offspring; perhaps the pyramids were built for the benefit of everyone that came from there. pyramids exist in other locations than egypt for the sake of the people from those places.

i feel, however, that to understand the pyramids and what purpose they serve for our benefit, that its ultimately necessary to look inward at our own lives and not only outwardly when searching for that piece of info that will make the whole world make sense...everyone is not an introvert...some people have no ability whatsoever to evaluate self and only look outward.

everything cannot be taught, some things have to be experienced to understand.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

very wise words

there are things we can only teach to ourselfs and only through looking inwards can we achive this
thank you
star
xploder

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
So much to think about, thank you for the post.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

it help me a lot.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Joseph Smith also noted that this Kolob idea is "The measurement according to celestial time, which celestial time signifies one day to a cubit. One day in Kolob is equal to a thousand years according to the measurement of this earth..." Now what about this? When we remember that Joseph Smith was saying this in the 1830's there was literally no Egyoptology to speak of. In the late 1800's decades after Joseph Smith was dead, the professional surveyor, W.F. Petrie found that the Egyptian cubit of 29.161 inches was found from a swinging pendulum which swung 100,000 times in 24 hours in the latitude in which Memphis lies.36 Now then we see that Joseph Smith said 1 day (notice this is time) and a cubit (this is space), Joseph Smith shows the relationship. The Egyptians make a cubit with relationship to the day. The Egyptians used an instrument called "merkhet" which is a stick with a plumb bob line.37 So Joseph Smith equates the number 1,000 to time and space, as the ancient Egyptians did! Most interestingly, the Egyptians took their measuring seriously, as we read "measuring rules were given a sacred meaning...the cubit rules...seem to be of the type used as sacred objects..."38 This idea of measurement to the ancient Egyptians was precisely what Joseph Smith said, namely, "the system of measures must have coordinated not only length, volume, and weight, but also time."39 What is absolutely incredible is that "the source of the Egyptian cubit and foot" relates directly here. "There are 86,400 seconds in a day of twenty four hours, or the time it takes the earth to revlolve on its axis. So the distance traveled by the earth at the equator in one second is exactly 1000 of Jomard's cubits." (My emphasis)40 Most interesting... There is that number 1,000 as Joseph Smith said. Now then, we read further that "The builders of the Great Pyramid gave its base a length corresponding to the distance the earth rotates in 1/2 a second. This makes the cubit and the foot doubly earth commensurate: the cubit was equal to 1/1000 of a second of time, the foot to 1/100 second of arc."41 We find Joseph Smith exactly correct in this aspect of Figure 1 also, "the ancient astronomers took the earth's daily rotation on its axis as a unit of time and made 1,000 cubits the distance traveled by the earth in a second of time."42 In the ancient Egyptian parlance, based on measurements, "there are 360,000 geographic feet in one degree."43 Divide that by 360 days for the Egyptian year, and you have 1,000. There it is again. And again, we note that "the speed of rotation of the vault of heaven is 1000 geographic cubits a second."44 Again, "Three qedet of 9 grams makes the Roman ounce of which 1000 makes the cube of the Egyptian foot of 300 millimeters." Again the 1000 pops its head up. We read further that "the ancients were concerned particularly with the speed of a point at the equator [as Joseph Smith said, from the measure of this earth] in terms of sidereal time. A minute of time (solar time) corresponds to the length of 15 minutes of degree of equator." This equivilance left them with, among other measures, "1 second (sidereal time) = 1000 cubits."45 Interestingly a minute of time = 100,000 Mycanaean feet, which gives us "second of time = 1000 Greek cubits."46 "The Egyptians counted a minute of arc as being 1000 brasses, or 1000 fathoms of 6 feet."47

www2.ida.net...

I don't really have all that much to say about it... Just thought I'd chime in and provide a link for those who might be interested...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Haven't gotten to the video yet but I am looking forward to it. In the meantime, based just on what you wrote
Making a strange coincidence a tad stranger.
So I saw a video that claimed the speed of light was 299,792,458 m/s
It also listed the King's Chamber in the Great Pyramid as 29.9792458 degrees North latitude.
Assuming these figures are correct I tried to consider what it might mean if they were not coincidence.
12 and 60 being sacred to the Babylonians the idea that day and night were divided into 12 equal parts, each divided into 60 minutes which in turn are divided into 60 seconds shows a potential source for the idea of 'our' second to exist in ancient times.
I have also read that the meter was originally the length of a particular metal bar which was deliberately made to match the length of an ancient Egyptian meter which would allow, if true, for the ancients to be familiar with that unit of length we think of as 'our modern meter'.
Now we go into the realm of wild speculation and suggest an ancient very evolved civilization that had learned the speed of light, measured it in meters and then picked a specific fraction of a light second as the distance to place the pyramids from the Equator.
Wild, true, but it gets wilder
So I also read that if you project lines out from the center of each side (or is it the corners?) of the Great Pyramid and run them entirely around the world they would divide the earth into 4 sections each with an equal land mass.
Problem.
How many locations are there where this would hold true that also happen to be a variation of the speed of light?
So just to make your wild idea even wilder, since it could not be 299 degrees N lat that would leave only 2.99 or basically at the equator itself with 0.299 or perhaps 0.0299 does this not suggest the idea that such an equal division of land masses at such a significant location point to the idea that the planet itself was designed?
I mean, are we not stretching coincidence a bit far?
That it's location on a 360 degree grid would match the speed of light is a hell of a coincidence
But that the 'same' location should equally divide all the land masses? What are the odds of that happening on a simple ball of rock resulting from the cooling of a cosmic cloud of hydrogen?
IDK. Just thought I'd throw this in for those who appreciate coincidences as much as I do.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Trying to refute the pyramid nonsense believers is pure casting pearls before swine.

IGNORE DENIANCE!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by brocket99
If you guys enjoyed this YOU HAVE TO watch The Code by Carl Munck. I watched this about 10 years ago and rarely ever see anyone mention it or refute it. Seriously amazing IMO, but I'd love some math folk to analyze and poker any holes if they can find them.

This video is excellent, best one I've seen on this subject thus far! Thanks for posting.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by oghamxx
Considered and dismissed in totality. Most of this made the rounds in the 70's and got great laughs. LLLLOL

Agreed. This kind of "pyramid number" garbage is just the worst. What it involves is a whole lot of fudging, finding coincidences to fit the fudged numbers, and being amazed at stuff simple geometry does automatically.

And the ultimate point is, what, exactly? That the Egyptians were somehow incredible alien/time traveling/supernatural somethings? If that's the case, why did their entire society collapse and get buried in the desert? I guess they didn't see that coming, huh?

Ridiculous.

If you watch the video I re-posted above this reply you'll see that figures were not fudged, and they are not coincidences! You'll see from that video that things are not as black & white as you both seem to think.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by oghamxx
Trying to refute the pyramid nonsense believers is pure casting pearls before swine.

IGNORE DENIANCE!!!

I'm assuming you haven't watched the video just above?? 'Carl Munck - The Code'

Maybe you should watch it before commenting again...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
the source video was removed ):

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 4hero

Assume all that pleases you but I have indeed watched the pathetic video. A total waste of time.

If the length of your index finger squared divided by twice the length of your small toe is equal to PI, by all means amaze the world with a video.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 4hero

I watched a good chunk of it and this stuff is entertaining but I agree that it's numerology. Basically if you look for certain numbers they're not hard to find as essential ratios of irrationality, etc.

Yeah the speed of light deal implies relativity which is not considered in all of this numerology bunk

There's two issues here -- one is quantum physics which is the foundation of science currently and the other is relativity. Both are ignored by all these pseudo Western projections onto Egyptian math.

I get into this a lot in my Devil's Chord thread on abovetopsecret -- so the Egyptians did not like the idea of "convergerence" which is assumed for relativity in the speed of light.

In quantum physics there is no convergence due to time-frequency uncertainty so that (A x B) - (B x A) is greater than zero.

Now if you combine quantum physics with relativity then you get de Broglie's Law of Phase Harmony which means there is a signal that is superliminal -- faster than the speed of light -- that reverses time and bends space and this means reality is holographic.

So if the Great Pyramid is all it's meant to be it could be a black hole of Freemasonic science -- sucking the so-called "progress" of science back into it's original source as a Solar mass ritual sacrifice religion. In other words "reverse time" as we discover the secrets of the Great Pyramid we also destroy our method of discovery through nuclear meltdowns and ecological collapse and various other inherently unpredictable results of technology due to chaos mathematics.

Small resonance amplifies itself through nonlinear feedback to be inherently unpredictable -- that's chaos and it's also the secret of the Tetrahedron alchemy of Egypt's pyramids.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

I am heartened that you and I agree on this cheap tabloid style video..

No Egyptian mathematical notation, be it a measure of time, volume or length, employed the use of decimal fractions. Fundamental to their entire system was the use of Egyptian fractions.

wiki
An Egyptian fraction is the sum of distinct unit fractions, such as 1/2 + 1/3 + 1/16. That is, each fraction in the expression has a numerator equal to 1 and a denominator that is a positive integer, and all the denominators differ from each other. The value of an expression of this type is a positive rational number a/b; for instance the Egyptian fraction above sums to 43/48. Every positive rational number can be represented by an Egyptian fraction. Sums of this type, and similar sums also including 2/3 and 3/4 as summands, were used as a serious notation for rational numbers by the ancient Egyptians, and continued to be used by other civilizations into medieval times. In modern mathematical notation, Egyptian fractions have been superseded by vulgar fractions and decimal notation. However, Egyptian fractions continue to be an object of study in modern number theory and recreational mathematics, as well as in modern historical studies of ancient mathematics.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Most of the crap in the video was covered by Peter Tompkins in his book Secrets of the Great Pyramid published in the 1970's. He made a much better case than the video but still less than convincing.
Secrets of the Great Pyramid by Peter Tompkins (416 pages, pb, $18.95) Harper & Row, 1978 ISBN 0-06-090631-6

Does the Great Pyramid really embody precise proportions? Does it connect to earth and astronomical measurements? The resounding answer is Yes to anyone willing to apply themselves to the data in this detailed book. Tompkins (who also wrote The Secret Life of Plants) traces the history of research and measurements of the Great Pyramid, including all the faulty efforts. Tompkins puts the reader in the position of having all the data and references to verify his presentation. The geodetic information is extraordinary. To understand the ancients, one must understand the critical importance of earth measures.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I personally visited the Mayan pyramid at Tikal in 1975 and found there, in plain sight, that the Mayans knew the square root of the half life of U-238 expressed in milliseconds. Obviously they had mastered nuclear power! I am undecided upon writing a book or making a video.

Regards

edit on 27-3-2012 by oghamxx because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2012 by oghamxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia

Ok, this is probably going to be embarrassing... so... stand back...

Base of Khufu's pyramid (K): 230.4 meters (756 feet)

"while not in this video i have previously encountered a ratio given by the great pyramid,
draw a circle "within" the base of the great pyramid, touching the interior four sides of the pyramid,
and a corresponding circle "outside" the base of the great pyramid touching the four corners,
the difference in area between the two exactly = the speed of light in a vacuum,"

ok, so the first circle would have a radius of K/2, or 378 feet (115.2 meters)

and the area of a circle is Pi*r^2

So, the area of the smaller circle is: 448,883.325 feet^2 (41,692.2018 meters^2)

ok, now we need the area of the larger circle, as denoted by

"a corresponding circle "outside" the base of the great pyramid touching the four corners"
indicating that the radius of the outer circle is (K/2) / cosine(45 degrees) or:

534.572727 feet (162.917402 meters)

Giving us a area of: 897,766.651 feet^2 (83,384.4031 meters^2)

ok, now the third part of the "Equation" states:

"the difference in area between the two exactly = the speed of light in a vacuum,"

So, let's check that, shall we?

First, in square feet: 897,766.651ft^2 - 448,883.325ft^2 = 448,883.326 ft^2

And next, in square meters: 83,384.4031m^2 - 41,692.2018m^2 = 41,692.2013m^2

Just for [snip]'s and giggles, let's redo the square feet equation into square inches: 64,639,198.9 square inches

Speed of light (approx) = 299,792,458 m / s

Not

Even

Close

230.4m / 2 = 115.2m (radius of inner circle)
115.2m * ^2 = 162.9m (radius of outer circle)

2*pi*115.2m=723.82m (circumference of inner circle)
2*pi*162.9m=1023.64m (circumference of outer circle)

1023.64m-723.82m=299.82m

Me thinks it is a little close to the speed of light.

edit on 28-3-2012 by spingoogl because: added link to external image

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

I loved the second video you provided. I had always wondered if they poured the pyramids in place. This video gives good evidence of such a theory. Thanks

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
IF and i'm only saying IF... the Egyptians didn't build the great pyramids,
could they have only used them as a canvas?
Is it possible that they are just just the artists of the writings on the walls?
Making us think that they actually built them.
A timeless history book for them - on a found stone monument.

No proof from my side, just speculation.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by spingoogl

230.4m / 2 = 115.2m (radius of inner circle)
115.2m * ^2 = 162.9m (radius of outer circle)

2*pi*115.2m=723.82m (circumference of inner circle)
2*pi*162.9m=1023.64m (circumference of outer circle)

1023.64m-723.82m=299.82m

Me thinks it is a little close to the speed of light.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Are you freaking serious?

Really?

First off, your calculation for the outer circle is wrong, and the equation is incomplete.

Secondly, (and this is a minor point) OP said area, not circumferance.

Thirdly....

You mean to tell me, that you think that:

299.82 meters

is close to:

299,792,458 meters per second?

Are you really serious?

Honestly?

You are only off by a factor of one *MILLION* and an extra "Dimension" as well.

Go back to school, because you clearly didn't learn anything the first time around.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by doom27

i think this is it reposted ....

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

This is so weird,ive spent the past 3 days watching this exact chapter,id never even heard of secrets in plain sight till 3 days ago,and the one that i found the most interesting is this one,i told a friend on utube about it,and he said theres no proof its even real,and that on wikipedia,the exact measurements of the pyramid are different from these ones,sort of debunking i guess,when he told me that,i was let down,cos this is the most interesting,and least depressing thing ive seen recently,e.g nibiru,depressing...but im not that surprised,i have a joke going on with my family right now,its been going on for years,too the point my mothers boyfriend covers his ears when i say anything like it,cos it freaks him out,cos whenever i mention something,no matter if its never been heard of,or is totally bizzare,it shows up,moments later,sometimes,in this case,the next day,but time is relevant,so it makes sense too me,i hope this video is not false,cos if not,we are gonna be ok,its a magical protecter they said,and can teach us(if we dont already know,like americans,probably) how too travel at the speed of light,without slowing too a halt,but without the pyramidian on top,and the fact half the stones placed there are falling too pieces,i doubt it would still work,a thing of such magnitude would need too be in perfect condition,down too the last millimetre id think,i say,put a new pyramidian on top,and replace the missing stones too within a fault.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join