It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am sick off all your arrogance! Particularly of the Americans.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Captain Beyond

Dundee also wrestles alligators and poisonous snakes for a living.

I'd say there's something a little askew in his head.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Double post. My apologies.

edit on CSundaypm414141f41America/Chicago25 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Thanks for the words mate!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I think its arrogant to put a nation of 300 million people in one category. I think its arrogant that you do not try to understand why people are a particular way. Stop looking at the world as divided because it is naturally not. You are playing into their games of division.

Keep in mind that ATS servers are in America.
edit on 25-3-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind

"You are anti-American"

That quote get's thrown around a lot if you question america's policies.

I find that it's hypocritical when (some) people use that phrase, they typically seem to be one of the "we have freedoms and you don't" preachers. It's bullcrap.

It's alright to think you have the most "freedom" in this world, but if so, you have to entitle other people to the same freedom you preach by letting them partake in freedom of speech. Such as letting other's make a debate, point, or reference without labelling them an "anti-american".

The term pretty much means "i refuse to accept you are trying to make a point i don't like, so i am silencing your opinion", anti-semitism is another example.

Great example of freedom preaching.

Good points but one I'd like to make is that the American Freedom bit UMM - I don't see it.
Also WHEN they travel overseas they're having to watch their backs more and more - but hey - they really won't be able to see why!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Originally posted by maestromason
Hell! I HERALD from and LIVE in the mighty State of OHIO!

You know that we were the first STATE in the WORLD to implement the FIRST ISP for use of the internet(I was on it were you?..were you even born then?)...you know the very same internet you are using to spill your hatred of Americans?

and please DO NOT TALK ABOUT FOOTBALL, SPACE TRAVEL, HEART TRANSPLANTS, MEDICAL DISCOVERIES, CLEVELAND CLINIC, UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL, FIRST IN AVIATION FLIGHT,ECT, ect...ect.....MY STATE IS WORLD FAMOUS!

and I have not even got to my city!

OHIOANS are in a unique niche in the world.

Just stating the indisputable FACTS!

edit on 25-3-2012 by maestromason because: (no reason given)

I think I can find a reasonably educated Mongolian who doesn't know Ohio even exists.

Also, there's really no use getting worked up over this thread. Unplug if you have to.

If that Mongolian ever needed a heart transplant not only will he KNOW that OHIO EXISTS but would be eternally grateful to The UNITED STATES OF AMERICA for incorporating US OHIOANS into the UNION!

I STAY PLUGGED, WELL-INFORMED OF THE FACTS, CONNECTED! and WELL IN THE KNOW...not the MSM but WHAT'S REALLY GOING ON!

Too bad you're not!

Oh I'm killing 'em...next up to get served very proper like...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This is a sad thread.

OP, I'm sorry that you feel Americans are bashing your country. Personally, I've never been to Oz, but my dad spent a furlough there during Vietnam. He has great memories of his time there and keeps in touch with folks he met.

Now, I'd like for you to consider a possibility. I've seen a lot of threads on ATS that unilaterally attack Americans for just about everything under the sun. In many cases, the criticism concerns American political policies and military actions. I submit that a majority of Americans DEPLORE what is happening around the world. We don't want to be in Afghanistan or Iran or North Korea. We don't all believe that Iran plans to nuke Isreal. We weren't surprised when no WMD were discovered in Iraq. (Actually, I was surprised. I really thought they would miracously find a cache).

We don't like everything America does, but we have very little say in the matter. So when we are on ATS reading an anti-American comment, it can get our dander up. We can't justify our current actions around the world in defense, so we bring up the one or two areas of history we are proud of ourselves. That means world war two. It's a way for us to feel like we do have something to be proud of.

Incidentally, I've witnessed this same psychological maneuvering from other countries. America certainly hasn't cornered the market on arrogance. Nor has England, Russia, Australia, Canada, or France.

I hope this rant helps you feel better- you were able to vent your frustrations and maybe that will be of comfort. But don't categorize all Americans or Europeans or Canadians as arrogant, ignorant, or malicious. It's simply not true, and truthfully makes your legitimate arguments less respectable.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I liked the group MEN AT WORK, with the sandwich thingy and all.
I have always wanted to go to Australia, in fact the crocadile hunter is from Australia and did he marry an American??? Is that why your are mad? Because of Steve Irwin marrying Terri??? Well....Get over it he is dead !!!!! So quit with the hate Mr Shortpeter, and do something productive ....like whine about American arrogance .....Oh wait you are already doing that.....I hope your attitude is not about the man from snowy river...IS IT? The rich snooty American ranchers trampling on the austrailian local who just wants the daughter......HUMMM Do all australians want to marry american women...Uh oh just found the under layment of your IRE. You are mad cause we have beautiful Women here, I mean most of ours shave their legs and armpits.......

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Wow,you must be American because you know nothing of Canada and Canadians. Without Canada, your country would be nothin. We stand beside you in all of your narrow minded ,short sited wars. Up here, you are laughed at and are the butt of so many jokes. Please, if your going to say we are worthless, maybe you should look at your own country. You elect people who are ultimately going to screw you, your banking system is the laughing stock of the world and your arrogance is unmatched. I live in a country where I earn an above average wage, don't have to worry about health care and my FREEDOMS haven't been taken away from me. Grow up and grow some son,your just another third world country headin for forth.
edit on 25-3-2012 by Warlord5852 because: Cause I can

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by hanyak69

I liked the group MEN AT WORK, with the sandwich thingy and all.
I have always wanted to go to Australia, in fact the crocadile hunter is from Australia and did he marry an American??? Is that why your are mad? Because of Steve Irwin marrying Terri??? Well....Get over it he is dead !!!!! So quit with the hate Mr Shortpeter, and do something productive ....like whine about American arrogance .....Oh wait you are already doing that.....I hope your attitude is not about the man from snowy river...IS IT? The rich snooty American ranchers trampling on the austrailian local who just wants the daughter......HUMMM Do all australians want to marry american women...Uh oh just found the under layment of your IRE. You are mad cause we have beautiful Women here, I mean most of ours shave their legs and armpits.......

Wow. In one paragraph you just validated the OP's argument.

Face palm.
edit on 25-3-2012 by smyleegrl because: I can't count

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by maestromason

OHIO is overrated, it only has 4 letters. One thing for sure the spelling bee champ did not come from Ohio.
I heard most people are named Dave or DOUG with just four letters so they don't out do their state.
What part of Illinois is Ohio? Isn't Ohio a suburb of Chicago?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Bro thats how it is. Monsanto and previous eugenics campaigns are more active in the US their education system is being destroyed by the New World Order as is their Media and News networks more heavily than it is in Australia and NZ.

We are all being #ed by some dick-head old guys. One love

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Oh wow, you can find 2 threads (though as you say there are probably more) where Americans say something about Australians or someone from another country. Yes, some Americans are idiotic and rude, but EVERY COUNTRY has people like that. It's a fact!

I guarantee you that I've read MANY more "American-hating" posts on this site than Americans making hateful posts. This just contributes to that.

I'm an American but I love where I came from. I'm Native American and French for the most part, and proud of it. I think of myself as a human more than I do an American.

Most of us are on this site for the same reason - we're not happy with the way our government is being ran.So instead of saying something rude to you for this topic you made, how about I just say this to everyone: If you're an American, stop making rude comments to people on this website, it makes you look close-minded, rude, and dumb. If you're not an American, just realize that anyone who makes those comments towards you isn't worth your time, ignore it, and stop making threads because it just makes people mad and keeps it going. We're all humans, and that's the way it should be, even though I know it's not always the way it seems. We're all the same.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorsebeacon

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warlord5852
reply to post by Ghost375

Wow,you must be American because you know nothing of Canada and Canadians. Without Canada, your country would be nothin. We stand beside you in all of your narrow minded ,short sited wars. Up here, you are laughed at and are the butt of so many jokes. Please, if your going to say we are worthless, maybe you should look at your own country. You elect people who are ultimately going to screw you, your banking system is the laughing stock of the world and your arrogance is unmatched. I live in a country where I earn an above average wage, don't have to worry about health care and my FREEDOMS haven't been taken away from me. Grow up and grow some son,your just another third world country headin for forth.
edit on 25-3-2012 by Warlord5852 because: Cause I can

This country is going downhill, that's obvious and WE ARE ALL ON THIS SITE BECAUSE WE KNOW IT. Why does everyone hate Americans on THIS website? That makes no sense to me. I mean, any other website, do whatever, but ATS? Really? We can't control most of the stuff you posted in that paragraph, so good for you buddy. America is going downhill, and fast, but we can't do anything about the majority of it. Which leads me to that again - why most of the Americans on this website are here!

If America goes down, pretty much everyone will be a third world country, including Canada. The ENTIRE world is going downhill, if you haven't noticed?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Preemptive closing. To save the members actions against their accounts and the staff a lot of work.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join