It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am sick off all your arrogance! Particularly of the Americans.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Please don't group all Americans into the same category.

Im getting SICK of people doing that.

Nice rant

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I think we all can point to instances which one nationality has offended another and there are a myriad of excuses ie: hate, frustration, "just joking", arrogance, ignorance, over zealous national pride.......etc...

Comments such as "you need us to defend you" or "where would your country be if we hadn't been there for you" don't contribute to a friendly discussion about NK pointing missiles at AUS but neither does "Americians are a bunch of wankers".........although there is a certain level of truth in all three comments

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
[you call me out for being stereotypical, yet you were being stereotypical in this comment:

Ah, so you do recognise hypocrisy yet you still created this thread knowinig it was hypocritical?

Also, what you said about the Australian attitude to the English being 'tongue in cheek'......how do you know the Americans you are accusing aren't doing the same thing?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

We naturally pay out Poms, it's no hate thing, it is just who we are.

See, you're very philiosophical about your own derogotary views of other nations.

Oops, I forgot, the word ''pommy'' was officially deemed no longer offensive in 2006 so it's not offensive now. Guess who offically declared it non-offensive? Lol, the Australian Advertising Standards board, that was nice of them to decide we would not be offended by the term. Below is a quote from Wicki. Again, it's an issue that doesn't promt much emotion from me but if you're gonna create threads of this nature it's better to put all our cards on the table.

''''The term pommy, pom or pomme, in Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, commonly denotes a person of British (usually of English heritage) origin. A derogatory term, it was controversially ruled no longer offensive in 2006 by the Australian Advertising Standards Board and in 2010 by the New Zealand Broadcasting Standards Authority. Despite these changing views, many British people or those of British origin consider the expression offensive or racist when used by people not of British origin to describe English or British people, yet acceptable when used within that community: for example, the community group British People Against Racial Discrimination was among those who complained to the Advertising Standards Board about five advertisements poking fun at "Poms", prompting the 2006 decision.[3]''''

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
You are entitled to your view for whatever reason you have it, but in my being on ATS for several years, I believe that you are entirely wrong with it.

We probably "like" Australia and Australians more than anyother country and people in the world.
Why, we probably would come and save your asses again if the need arose. Now can we all get along? (Somebody has to be top dog. You want China?)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
This must be one of the most ignorant rants I've read in a while.

Do you know how many members ATS has? And how many are on-line at any given time? So you run across a handful of trolls and ignoramouses, and now it's all, excuse me, "most" Americans on this site. Hasn't anyone told you not to feed the trolls?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
somebody needs to calm down.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I think you are judging the whole barrel on the characteristics of a few "bad apples". There will be jerks in every group, no matter where they are from. I'm sure that there are plenty of Americans with mass media induced pre-conceived notions about people from other places. Not just people of other countries but also people from different parts of their own country. I am also quite sure that there are also such people in your own country, as well as every other country on the planet.

I remember the first time I met my husband's relatives (they are from the northern part of the United States). They traveled down here for a visit ( DEEP South- on the Gulf Coast of Texas). They had all kinds of pre-conceived notions of what I would be like. They thought I'd be an uneducated, racist redneck wearing cowboy hat and boots with no teeth, an inbred family, and riding in on a horse! Boy were they in for a surprise! They know better now (it's been YEARS ago) but amazingly a lot of people still stereo-type people from where I live the same way. I've just learned that there are always going to be idiots EVERYWHERE and to ignore them!

Not all people on ATS feel the same as the ones you feel are bashing your country on here. The majority of members are kind, educated, knowledgeable people. Don't judge all Americans by a few outspoken idiots- you could be missing out on some intelligent interaction!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

“Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance.”
“The recipe for perpetual ignorance is a very simple and effective one: be satisfied with your opinions and content with your knowledge” ya unfortunately there are a lot of ignorant people from all places and all walks of life. you just have to shrug it off and know that most ignorance is immaturity.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I hadn't noticed this problem, maybe I haven't been in those threads. Its unfortunate. The thing is, its not just America who is having a problem with our rights being eroded or an out of control government. Similar laws and policies are being implemented in Australia and other places around the world. This is a global take over and we need to work together to stop it. I'm American, btw.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Good thread, lots of thoughtful comment. I dig Awstray lee uh, they have given the world some cool stuff...

Theres this guy...

This stuff...

And these friggin things...

Yah, so you guys are alright with your Barrier Reef, Outback and Dingos.
Just one thing: Them Eucalyptus trees are damned useless things. They burn like gasoline and drop too much stuff on the ground. You can come get all of them.

Otherwise, "No worries mate."

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jaxnmarko

Don't bother...I tried to tell him/her this on the other "I hate Americans"....this person is just hell bent on his/her hate. Sad really, because the American people I know don't hate Australia.....the blame should be on the government, not all Americans. Now....I'm out of here. I tried.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Here are some links displaying such arrogance:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And here are links to the opposite side of the spectrum:

So, some people are asshats; you didn't know that? Then you turn around and do exactly the same thing you're railing about, bashing Americans in general as being "arrogant."

Sheesh dude.
edit on 3/25/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I think it is quite ok for people of a country to show some arrogance.
I think it is quite ok for people of a country to show some exceptionalism.

But where I think the people of a country go overboard, is when they show arrogant exceptionalism.
edit on 25-3-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

How about exceptional arrogance??

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

hmmmmmm..... i'm american. and i agree with you. i live in the midwest, so that pretty much guarantees that i can't go anywhere without seeing a fat redneck in a gigantic pick-up truck spitting chew and spouting how america is the greatest and all the terrorists are muslim and jesus is the only way to god and if you're not patriotic you should be sent to guantanamo. people here are rude and macho and disgusting. no one reads the news, they watch fox and take it as truth. it's a hive mentality. but fortunately that doesn't describe everyone here (i would hope i don't fit the bill). as for america's influence over the world, it is only because of the FED, which is european really, but america is the practice run for the NWO, and the puppet through which the FED acts out its policies. unfortunate, but true. that in turn gives the ignorants in the us a bigger ego which isn't in the least deserved.
ETA how else do you think such a brand-spanking-new country has so much power? the FED-- all of the world's richest people are funneling their power through the us to control the world.
edit on 25-3-2012 by couldbeanyone because: eta

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by XcytaBill

Take your pick.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Oh can it. This site thrives on anti American threads please go through the archives and pull up your Anti Australia threads and compare them to the Anit -USA threads. Prettty please. Yours is just another in the long list of i hate America threads from apologists to other nations. Deserved or not America takes the most heat period, hands down. Deal with it. We do.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The average American doesn't appreciate your anti semitism. Its people like you that allowed the holocaust to happen. You make me sick. The whole world was in denial the Jews were being killed and you would fit right in. Do you understand that Israel has made many attempts to have peace in the Gaza strip and that the Palestinians turn down the deal every time because they want all of Israel? Read about what led up to the war in 196
. Palestine attacked Israel rather than except the treaty. Now people like you are mad because after being attacked the Jews decided the deal was off. You disgust me with your huge bowl of ignorance soup. You can't just assume everything America is involved in is shady. Its our financial market that is screwed and controlled by greed. We stand behind Israel because they have morals. Go join Hamas you freak.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc
Oh...ok - so you don't want to get in a pissing match you just want all the Americans to know you think yours is bigger then...well okey dokey then...

What's wrong chap? Dingo ate ya baby?

No, i just want to see some respect towards Australia and Australian members on this site, because at it's current state, it is disgusting.

And stop with the stereotypical comments please

Parkway Drive rules!

how's that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join