It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am sick off all your arrogance! Particularly of the Americans.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

thts funny, and I'm from Kanata. Just remember who burnt down the first White House!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Complaining about what people say about australians? really? I haven't seen a single negative thing said about australians, I've only seen positive words. Do we visit the same website?

Jews, muslims, christians, and Canadians, sure I've seen quite a few bad words said about them...ok maybe people just talk crap about religion in general here...and Canadians. But really, Canadians are good for nothing.
But I've never seen anything negative about australians.
edit on 25-3-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

If it was not for The United States of America, Your Continent would have been swallowed up by The Japanese Empire quicker than a piece of shashimi (sic) tuna.

Oh ok. You guys would have defeated The Japanese Empire without us. Their Aircraft carriers and eventual domination of resources and fuel, not to mention every island surrounding you guys would have meant absolutely nothing. LMAO!!! You clearly bumped your head buddy.

Thats what kills me... A lot of australians hate us americans, but dont worry we got you. Its just a shame how much bad mouthing you do of us.

i find that quote ironic, as it is usually the other way around

Without us, you would have eventually been conquered. Not gloating, those are just the hostorical facts of World War 2. I am glad that we are allies. We both need eachother, but you apparently believe different.

Surely you're not suggesting that you could have defeated The Japanese Empire (back then) without our Navy or troops, Even though we defeated them at Midway?

We saved your country's ass so please show SOME gratitude.

Australia is COMPLETELY dependent on the UNITED STATES for it's defense

This is just from half of one thread, there are plenty more.
edit on 25-3-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ezekielken

Don't forget the cowboy hats, boots, belt buckles and the barbeque

Oh yeah - and the Bush/McCain 2004 sticker still on the F250 while they're on their way out to the ranch to rustle up some cattle

Read my second post - I was just poking back with a little good natured fun - I don't have any issues with the Aussies...or any other nationality actually

People are individuals
edit on 25-3-2012 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Am I the only one who has no idea what this guy is talking about? Hey Op, how about you link some of these posts and threads your talking about so we can have a better idea of what it is that troubles you?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Most Americans today are indoctrinated by the mass media. This is only one avenue of the dogma all of them have received from birth thru TV, School, Church, Sports, parents, peers and all forms of Media. The weight of all that BS presses down pretty heavily upon a persons belief systems even if they are trying to wake up and shake off all they have learned. With everyone else crying treason, terrorist, traitor at you all the time, it is difficult.

Part of that training is a sense of arrogance and entitlement that Americans know best, that they can take what they want and that only they can help solve all the worlds ills. Trying to resist all the pressure to that is like trying to piss on a forest fire. From both sides of the fence.

I'm not saying forgive them for their behavior, just understand where it is coming from. Not all of us are asleep by the way, just trying to survive amid the storm of decreased livelihood and increased police state. Its hard to drain the swamp when you're up to your ass in alligators.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

lol good on ya mate! and only a fool would believe me!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Complaining about what people say about australians? really? I haven't seen a single negative thing said about australians, I've only seen positive words. Do we visit the same website?

Jews, muslims, christians, and Canadians, sure I've seen quite a few bad words said about them...ok maybe people just talk crap about religion in general here...and Canadians. But really, Canadians are good for nothing.
But I've never seen anything negative about australians.

If it was not for The United States of America, Your Continent would have been swallowed up by The Japanese Empire quicker than a piece of shashimi (sic) tuna.

Oh ok. You guys would have defeated The Japanese Empire without us. Their Aircraft carriers and eventual domination of resources and fuel, not to mention every island surrounding you guys would have meant absolutely nothing. LMAO!!! You clearly bumped your head buddy.

Thats what kills me... A lot of australians hate us americans, but dont worry we got you. Its just a shame how much bad mouthing you do of us.

i find that quote ironic, as it is usually the other way around

Without us, you would have eventually been conquered. Not gloating, those are just the hostorical facts of World War 2. I am glad that we are allies. We both need eachother, but you apparently believe different.

Surely you're not suggesting that you could have defeated The Japanese Empire (back then) without our Navy or troops, Even though we defeated them at Midway?

We saved your country's ass so please show SOME gratitude.

Australia is COMPLETELY dependent on the UNITED STATES for it's defense

This is just from half of one thread, there are plenty more.
edit on 25-3-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

I'd like to see a link to that thread...it seems like all of those were written by one or two people. You have to remember the bad ones are most vocal.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

It is written by more than 2 people. Here is the link

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

edit on 25-3-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

If you read further, i minimalised it to:

I'm upset at most of the Americans on this site due to their lack of respect, and theirt arrogance.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Yeah, We have a lot of ignorant idiots here.

Seems like, the country I was born in, isn't the same one I live in now....
Even though I haven't gone anywhere...

I think it all started in 1995 when they banned the active ingredient in Ex-Lax that had been used for more than 100 years..

And as you would say over there, Things are really getting "stuffed up".

All joking aside, The only issue I have with Australia is, I couldn't emigrate there during the Bush years because I'm over 45 and not rich enough to start my own business... (was unemployed for a year and a half back then, and lost a 20 year career because of it)..

I finally ended up moving states, registering to vote as "Unaffiliated" and now I'm making a better living than I ever had.

I think the politicos over here like to play games with the voters, If you are registered as one party, and they aren't in power you lose...
Don't seem to matter which party that is either..... But that's a subject for another thread.....

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Hell, the only issue I have with Australia is the government treats the entire population like a bunch of kids...banning violence in video games no matter the rating because its upsetting...

Australians themselves, all the ones I have known are good people...well, ok, there was actually one that deserved to be shoved on a pike..but overall.

As far as anyone being better than me or visa versa because of the dirt under our feet when we were born...laughable really...like saying eye color somehow equals superiority

I have seen the arrogance go both ways...retard Americans believing they personally are somehow superior to anyone else, even mud farmers in india are equal...and I have seen plenty of others bash americans like somehow the typical american person made their life miserable, meanwhile barely even acknowledging their own countries rampant corruption...scapegoating

Not sure why I am even responding to this thread...Basically, if your angry at some jerk..guess what, neither you nor the person your angry at represents anything...your simply dealing with a d--k..and there are no borders on asshattery...all nations have their loud retards

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
ha ! try being canadian and having 'the joneses' as your neighbor, with the better riding lawn mower!!!!!

most of them don't even know who our 'president' is!!!!!!!

just a little fun for my friends to the south!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I wasn't aware people were hating on Australia here...so yes that makes me ignorant; I don't really care what happens to anyone anywhere except for my family and I...so yes that makes me arrogant. American has nothing to do with that. Patriotism is stupid; the country one is born in, is like color no one chooses it. Hating by groups instead of individually; is not a wise way to live IMHO.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
One thing I've noticed is that people tend to notice the bad and ignore the good. For example, say you were in a thread with 6 different Americans and one of them was acting obnoxious while the others were just going about their business. You'd notice that one person and discount the other five, who were maybe just blandly polite. Its always a tendency to fixate on the negative.

Americans are opinionated but looking around this site, it should be obvious that for every blind patriotic chest-thumper there are at least 4 or 5 thoughtful, nuanced Americans. And if you haven't noticed, the vast majority of Americans here are very critical of things about America, very eager to jump all over injustice as they see it. We may be contentious and opinionated, but no country does self-criticism with the depth of Americans.

It's the internet, there will always be 14 year old boys discovering trolling for the first time.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkchemistry
I wasn't aware people were hating on Australia here...so yes that makes me ignorant; I don't really care what happens to anyone anywhere except for my family and I...so yes that makes me arrogant. American has nothing to do with that.

We always hear about how insulated Americans are, how little they know about European history or world geography, how isolated we are with our non-metric-system, non-soccer-(oops, "football")-lovin-ways, and so on. But I submit this: Stand on a street in Paris and ask strangers random questions about, say, Russian history and geography, see how far you get. How much do the Spanish know about the Japanese? How much do the Koreans know about Latin America? See, it is the same for everyone.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheXoor

Very true in fact some one has done just that....
Stupid Europeans
www.youtube.com...
Stupid Germans
www.youtube.com...
Stupid Americans
www.youtube.com...
It's all generalizations; people are people no matter where they live...all kill, all love, all laugh, all die...human is human. Nationality is a government propaganda; that humans must be proud of the imaginary lines they drew in the dirt, or government fails; if governments can make their citizens separatists; that country will never fall from it's own citizenship. Therefore it is in a governments utmost importance; to make their citizens think they have it better than anyone else; that they are special. LOL psychology 101 and everyone falls for it.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

And stop with the stereotypical comments please

Yet, you've just made a whole thread doing the very same thing.

Also, I'm English, do you realise how many times I've seen arrogance from Australians towards the English? Millions of times, it's like you have a real disrespect for us, why's that? Not that it bothers me personally, it's just an observation.

I used to work with an Australian a few years back, decent fella he was, one day he brought in a book that had been given to him on his departure from Australia, his friends and family had signed the book with little messages. In almost all of those messages there were the words ''don't let those poms boss you around.....don't take any sh1t off those pommies'' e.c.t e.c.t and that's just one small example that shows ''general'' Australian mentality towards the English.

There, a rant back at yeh

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
It is as Darkchemistry says. Please find me any two nations that "like" each other. Can you? Of course not. "Nations don't have friends, they have interests." This is the quote from Henry Kissinger, one of the foulest men alive, but in this case it happens to be true.

In fact, any time there is a line, any time there is a division, we see instant "local patriotism". Two towns with a sports rivalry hate each other. Ask people in two adjacent sub-nations (provences, states, prefectures) or two close cities: they cant stand each each other! This appears to be human nature.

As Darkchemistry notes, we create these problems with the lines we draw. Lines in our head. It is possible to stop the drawing of them!

edit on 25-3-2012 by SilentThundersGF because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0rbital

And stop with the stereotypical comments please

Yet, you've just made a whole thread doing the very same thing.

Also, I'm English, do you realise how many times I've seen arrogance from Australians towards the English? Millions of times, it's like you have a real disrespect for us, why's that? Not that it bothers me personally, it's just an observation.

I used to work with an Australian a few years back, decent fella he was, one day he brought in a book that had been given to him on his departure from Australia, his friends and family had signed the book with little messages. In almost all of those messages there were the words ''don't let those poms boss you around.....don't take any sh1t off those pommies'' e.c.t e.c.t and that's just one small example that shows ''general'' Australian mentality towards the English.

There, a rant back at yeh

You call me out for being stereotypical, yet you were being stereotypical in this comment:

"Also, I'm English, do you realise how many times I've seen arrogance from Australians towards the English? Millions of times, it's like you have a real disrespect for us, why's that? Not that it bothers me personally, it's just an observation."

And you must be pretty thick headed if you don't realise that it is a tongue in cheek thing Aussies have. We naturally pay out Poms, it's no hate thing, it is just who we are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join