It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warm Weather Causing Migraines?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I get some very severe migraines, but I've noticed lately, they've been increasing in frequency and pain. I went to bed about 10 tonight in just total pain, I took Fiorcet, which I have for migraines, then woke at 1 because it hurt to put my head on the pillow. My migraine felt, easily, 10 times worse. Usually the Fiorcet takes care of it, no problem. I can't take more than 2 and usually just one just the trick, but OW did my head hurt when I woke. I need my sleep. Oh well, looks like I won't be getting much tonight.

*It's also affecting my daughter. She doesn't want to eat half the time, (she's like the locust plague of Egypt. She eats everything in sight!) And she insists on going to bed around 4pm give or take. We've put the AC on for her, but she's still lethargic when she is awake because she's so hot. And this is a child I call the hummingbird because she usually has sooooo much energy and insists on staying up all night long. For her to REQUEST, "Can I go to bed?" Highly unusual.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Think it could be seasonal allergies? It's going to be a bad year for those. Try a benedryl.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
As a long time sufferer myself, I can say that, since the weather has warmed up, I haven't had any migraines at all. And mine usually coincide with seasonal allergies, which have hit me pretty hard this past week.
But a change in weather does affect some people, just like allergies affect others.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
bright light, sun light does for me

hence the need for a "dark room" by most migraine sufferers

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
When we get a "Nor'wester' (Southern Hemisphere, eastern side of the South Island of New Zealand/Aotearoa, then there is an increase in migraines. I notice it as well. It's (the 'Nor'Wester') is also known as the Fohn wind, in other (foreign and strange) places.

Positive Ions suck, man!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron
Think it could be seasonal allergies? It's going to be a bad year for those. Try a benedryl.

Yeah I pop those like their TicTacs. I think I'm going to have to try a prescribed one because over the counter just isn't hacking it anymore.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Today is definitely NOT a good day. I still have that severe migraine from earlier, only sneezing from that yellow pollen cr*p has decidedly made it so much worse. All I want to do is lie down with my eye mask, but there's too much to do and I know if I try, everyone will bug the daylights out of me until I move to please them. I hate migraines.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I'd say start researching your foods, the chemicals that are involved in the process that brings them to your location. Look at where you live,, are you in a heavy air traffic area, what kind of water are you drinking. do you eat alot of processed foods, you cook with vegitable oils, ect. ect..
Become a lable reader and trust not in your food manufacturer or the FDA.

Oh and look into adverse health effects of allergy medicines. I have read that one can develop pancreatic cancer
from these drugs

edit on 25-3-2012 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I don't know but without fail every weekend starting on a Saturday I get a migraine. This has been happening for about 2 or 3 months now. Really getting annoying especially since it's only on a Sat not any other day of the week. Thought it could be because of the kids being off of school for the weekend but even on days when they are acting good I get them. And around here the weather has fluctuated between warm and cool.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
I'd say start researching your foods, the chemicals that are involved in the process that brings them to your location. Look at where you live,, are you in a heavy air traffic area, what kind of water are you drinking. do you eat alot of processed foods, you cook with vegitable oils, ect. ect..
Become a lable reader and trust not in your food manufacturer or the FDA.

Oh and look into adverse health effects of allergy medicines. I have read that one can develop pancreatic cancer
from these drugs

edit on 25-3-2012 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

Thank you. I know my cholesterol is high, so I've switched to Smart Balance for margarine, (I prefer butter though). I even found a Smart Balance chunky peanut butter that I just love. I found a strawberry jam that promotes heart health. I've stopped knowingly eating trans fats. I love salads, but some vegatables are so expensive nowadays, it's hard to get the stuff for it. My favorite is mixed lettuce (butter lettuce is my all time fav), cukes, cherry tomatoes, alfalfa (I LOVE lots in my salad), cold cuts, and monterey or swiss cheese cubes with a heart healthy dressing (very little, I can't stand drowned salads.)

I actually have to add salt to my foods, as my blood pressure is so low, I get extremely dizzy. (It's like 80/60 on the lowest days.) That's because I take propranol (a blood pressure medication) for migraine prevention and an extra heartbeat. I take that twice daily. When they tried increasing it, I passed out once and came close to passing out a lot, so it was brought back down to a level I could handle. I also take topamax for migraine prevention, Fiorcet, no more than twice daily, when I have a migraine, or sometimes if it's truly truly bad, Sumavel injection into the stomach. Again, no more than 2 daily. If it's to the point of causing nausea, then I have to take a Reglan.

Yes, I know, I'm on a LOT of stuff. I didn't even include the Meniere's Disease medication, nor the sleeping pills and melatonin, nor the pain patches and pills for severe osteoarthritis and Fibromyalgia. According to a bone scan, my bones in my body are in their 80's and I'm in my 40's. It was something new for my doctor. My mistake, I know, is I try very hard to hold off on taking anything as the Sumavel, Fiorcet, Reglan, Lyrica, and Cymbalta make me very sleeping. And with a special needs child, there isn't always time for sleep.

I know a majority of my migraines are caused by a Pineal Cyst on my brain that, for now, is inoperable. If it increases in size, then they'll take it out. We found out when I had an MRI to see if I was at risk for an aneurysm because my aunt died of one. Because I have so many medical issues, I've learned to take an active role in my food. I try very hard to be active in my medications but it's hard to do sometimes when some thing counteract with others, or exasperate the symptoms.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Try asking your question in this thread

Ask a nurse anything

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
Try asking your question in this thread

Ask a nurse anything

Thanks. I'll save that thread so if I need it again, I'll remember where to find it.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Had lot's of migraines as well, often on hot days as well.
Realise that some of them just started because of a sight dehydration.
so now i drink a lot more water, and when they start i also have a soup. (salt).

This helps to prevent a lot of migraines. Hope it helps you too.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by happyhomemaker29

It's suppose to be the worst sinus/allergy season ever, due to the mild winter and early warm weather more Pollen is suppose to have been produced than the average norm.....Something to help remedy/battle sinus season is to consume local honey since local bee's use the pollen that is effecting you in your area and thus you'll build immunities to such....

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Thank you. I'll give that a shot. I know I can't drink more than 2-3 drinks a day. I was never a gulper. I love soups, and love making them. Unfortunately, I'm usually the only one, so they tend to go bad a lot, so I stopped making them for awhile. I'll go back to making them and see if this helps.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I never thought of that. Thank you. I LOVE honey so I'll see if I can find some local ones in the area. Thanks for the tip.

top topics

join