It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feel the universe( my response to a thread I just read)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Ha haha. Even though I have a pretty high p levels, when I tried to kick a onexone pine leg in half on a discarded change table braced against a steel post in my back yard with a front snap kick, I was surprised to feel how much it hurt. I thought I had broken one of myfoot digis lol. So then in anger gave it a low turning with the outside of my foot. Damn thing still didn't break lol. I willed the first kick to split the board and nearly broke my foot, i was entirely surprised because I have calves like a mule and amazingly fast muscle fiber. The second kick was just me exerting my will a little further, even though I knew I was butting my head against the universe. Here is my challenge to you. Go punch something that is hard really hard. Get back to me and tell me your hand doesn't hurt. The secret is in knowing how to handle the pain. Once you have mastered pain, then you can begin to conquer fear

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ezekielken

Once you master fear, you begin to learn wisdom.

Btw, I can do that and not feel pain. Not only have I learned pain can be deadened (not shut off) I have spent 6 years strengthening my hands. I never punched really hard things untill a year ago. Before then it was sand, then newspaper, then wood, now stone. Know your limitations and you don't have to deaden it, you can avoid it. I can go break a cinderblock with my fist right now without pain, while many cannot, and still others can break them but still get the pain I've strengthened my bones to tolerate

The moral of the story? Don't try to do things you haven't trained your body to handle. You may have calves like a mule, but if your bones and muscles can't deal with the force reflected from whatever you hit, you get damage, and pain. Physics is a wonderful thing

Hope it helps

edit on 25-3-2012 by Monsatan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Why did you not just post your reply in the actuall thread?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

I did as well. Thought it might make an interesting thread, and i could receive some feedback from others who like to train their bodies and minds with martial arts

new topics

top topics

join