It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Power of Joy (Happiness) - It is who you really are...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
When you feel love (compassion), you feel happiness...
When you feel peace (acceptance), you feel happiness...

But you can feel happiness without the others. It is the pure thing hidden inside of those two other concepts...

You can live a life of happiness without love and peace and all will be well if you don't allow anything to take away your happiness...

But if you live a life of love or peace without happiness, it becomes boredom, or even worse, suffering...

Everything is energy (living and the so-called "non"-living) and energy is flowing...

When you are going with your own natural flow, you are going with the flow of the whole universe (energy)...

When you don't, you feel beat up by the energy which is called "unhappiness"...

The true nature isn't love, rather, it is happiness.

The shark eat the fish because it makes it happy, more happy than starving to death...

People have been trained to put aside their happiness however...
Instead of understanding that happiness is the underlying force, they have been taught to believe that it is love...

This is a suicidal belief... If you try to love everything, you can be beaten up by the real flow of life...

Try showing love (compassion) to a shark, it'll eat you...
Try showing love (compassion) for poison ivy, it'll still poison you...

It will always follow the flow of its nature (happiness), although, this is the truth, people will try to find justification in believing that the energy is "pure love"...

We will always have war and conflict, just like the animals. It is NATURAL and it needs to be accepted. It is not the world just to do what you life for your happiness, it is up to YOU to find inner-joy in any situation.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Love it lol what you say makes sense life without joy is a sad situation

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Happiness is the driving force of existence, the Cornerstone of Life.

I've been thinking of making a thread about the importance of Happiness but you beat me to it.

There's n0thing more important than Happiness.

Pee On!

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I like your post.... but this.........

"We will always have war and conflict, just like the animals. It is NATURAL and it needs to be accepted. It is not the world just to do what you life for your happiness, it is up to YOU to find inner-joy in any situation. "

I dont agree with.......

What if all people decided that what would make them all happy,, would be to all get along, to allow the most shared and productive happiness possible for all......

About giving love to a shark and it eating you,,,,, maybe things would be different if there wasnt such a sound barrier and it wasn't naturally such a wild, dangerous, and scary world... but there doesnt need to be an excuse for why all humans cant ,,eventually, "be cool"

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
It's a bit naïve to think that ALL humans are just gonna one day talk about "peace" and ALL humans are going to one day agree not to fight again and "be cool" with each other. There is much difference in this world and it will be impossible to get every single human to agree and even if so, it won't last long. More humans will be born following their natural behavior, and eventually war will happen again.

The shark IS wild and dangerous. It's not good or bad, that is just the reality. It has shark teeth which can kill instantly and it is very good at sensing its pray. It is a natural born killer.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Sharks eat because of survival. Happiness isn't the deciding factor in having their species go on and dominate. Survival is, and they live for survival.

Also: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Sharks eat. Sharks don't even know about survival. Survival is what humans believe they have to do. It is not true, you don't have to survive. You don't even have to live. Life is happening.
When it is realized that life is happening and you are not separate from that happening, you will see that there is nothing for you to do. It is/You are being done.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Exactly, they don't understand these concepts, they just follow their joy.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
it is the truth that is the reason of that sense, the more absolute superiority is the more positive sense is the fact

while u mean to spit on the reason in meaning taking full advantage of for granted so to opposite

u reached to enjoy inferior situations, it is close to ur end that truth realized especially for ur faces with joy too

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Sharks eat. Sharks don't even know about survival. Survival is what humans believe they have to do. It is not true, you don't have to survive. You don't even have to live. Life is happening.
When it is realized that life is happening and you are not separate from that happening, you will see that there is nothing for you to do. It is/You are being done.

We're not talking about us, however. We are talking about sharks. Sharks may not know about survival because they don't analyze things intellectually. They don't think to themselves "I need to eat this fish or I am going to die." However, they do it anyway because survival is a natural part of them. It's embedded within their brain, perhaps their soul even. A species (except possibly Homo sapiens) main goal is to propagate.

Again, to reiterate, this is in regards to sharks, not humans.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
It's a bit naïve to think that ALL humans are just gonna one day talk about "peace" and ALL humans are going to one day agree not to fight again and "be cool" with each other. There is much difference in this world and it will be impossible to get every single human to agree and even if so, it won't last long. More humans will be born following their natural behavior, and eventually war will happen again.

The shark IS wild and dangerous. It's not good or bad, that is just the reality. It has shark teeth which can kill instantly and it is very good at sensing its pray. It is a natural born killer.

Its not naive,,,, its such an easy thing to accomplish, just you and everyone else cooperate to be cool, it has existed and does exist in many micro cosmos and regions,,,, we are a species family that cooperates for the benefit of all,,,,, all who are born human, are poofed into this world and share this same experience of living as a human on this planet,,, we share information and ideas, and innovations,, that are small steps and giant leaps for us all..... if everyone wanted to get along, that would be the easiest thing man has and ever will accomplish,,,, the thing is there is much competition and gradient of livelihood, and incorporations of the wild aspect of the natural world into our civil, intelligent, ordered systems of human experience,,,,,, we are in the middle of an evolution of consciousness, understanding of ourselves and reality,,,,,, everyone getting along is something any eternal intelligence forced to exist with another would agree with...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

When you feel love (compassion), you feel happiness...
When you feel peace (acceptance), you feel happiness...

But you can feel happiness without the others. It is the pure thing hidden inside of those two other concepts...

You can live a life of happiness without love and peace and all will be well if you don't allow anything to take away your happiness...

But if you live a life of love or peace without happiness, it becomes boredom, or even worse, suffering...

Everything is energy (living and the so-called "non"-living) and energy is flowing...

When you are going with your own natural flow, you are going with the flow of the whole universe (energy)...

When you don't, you feel beat up by the energy which is called "unhappiness"...

The true nature isn't love, rather, it is happiness.

The shark eat the fish because it makes it happy, more happy than starving to death...

People have been trained to put aside their happiness however...
Instead of understanding that happiness is the underlying force, they have been taught to believe that it is love...

This is a suicidal belief... If you try to love everything, you can be beaten up by the real flow of life...

Try showing love (compassion) to a shark, it'll eat you...
Try showing love (compassion) for poison ivy, it'll still poison you...

It will always follow the flow of its nature (happiness), although, this is the truth, people will try to find justification in believing that the energy is "pure love"...

We will always have war and conflict, just like the animals. It is NATURAL and it needs to be accepted. It is not the world just to do what you life for your happiness, it is up to YOU to find inner-joy in any situation.

I don't think I have ever disagreed with a philosophy more in my life.

Maybe I'm not getting what you are saying. I'm showing compassion for sharks right now. I think it is disgusting that we systematically slaughter them. And it needs to stop... I have yet to be eaten...

My friends make me happy. My wife makes me happy. I like my friends. I love my wife. I'd help my friends move. I'd die for my wife. If happiness has primacy why am I not willing to die for friends?

Very few animals have war and conflict. The difference between us and animals is our ability to love and be compassionate. Animals protect their young or those in their social groups. Humans extend that to certain groups of people based on their own bias and cultural conditioning. Conscious beings extend that to everything.

If you want conflict and violence to end touch the divine and become conscious. What you'll find there is love. Not happiness.

edit on 25-3-2012 by Buddha1098 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098

I don't think I have ever disagreed with a philosophy more in my life.

Maybe I'm not getting what you are saying. I'm showing compassion for sharks right now. I think it is disgusting that we systematically slaughter them. And it needs to stop... I have yet to be eaten...

When the shark is hungry and wants to eat you, will you be showing compassion then? It certainly won't have any for you. It goes by its NATURAL flow of happiness. And when a shark is hungry, eating a human (if they're around) is what makes them feel happy.

My friends make me happy. My wife makes me happy. I like my friends. I love my wife. I'd help my friends move. I'd die for my wife. If happiness has primacy why am I not willing to die for friends?

Your own personal values.

Very few animals have war and conflict. The difference between us and animals is our ability to love and be compassionate. Animals protect their young or those in their social groups. Humans extend that to certain groups of people based on their own bias and cultural conditioning. Conscious beings extend that to everything.

If you want conflict and violence to end touch the divine and become conscious. What you'll find there is love. Not happiness.

Uh, many animals DO have compassion, and even perform acts of altruism such as allowing themselves to die to protect the group.

Sure, humans extend that compassion, but it still doesn't change the fact that following HAPPINESS is the NATURAL FLOW of life...

NATURALLY, love is only sometimes. You'd really have to train yourself to love everything, but following happiness is so simple, even the simple organism do it. Love is something complex and happiness is the simple natural flow of life.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Another great post, OP. You have obviously been making some good progress lately.

And, Itsnowagain, "You don't even have to live. Life is happening." perfect, end of story. This is as real as it gets, no need for any more conceptualizing beyond this. If I could change my ats name I would scrap "lifeisenergy" for "lifeishappening".

Peace.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

That's backwards. Love is simple. Happiness is complex. The only problem? Most humans are backwards. Animals love everything because love is natural. However, they do not commit love as if it is an action. They do not think "I love that creature" they just have a natural, understood, mutual relationship with all creatures, even humans. It's an unconditional love. True love IS unconditional. But dualistic, conditional love that is sought after to make people "happy" is what humans normally live by. Most don't experience the unconditional love that is so natural and amongst the perfection that is nature. All animals have this love, this respect, for one another. However, this relationship does not entitle happiness, because for happiness to exist and be needed would imply sadness, the other side of the spectrum. What animals experience is contentment, this is what the natural self would experience too.

For a shark to be happy upon eating he would have to be depressed upon starvation. This is a fallacy. Animals do not judge things as good or bad, as happy creating or saddening. To them.. everything just is and that is perfect.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan
reply to post by arpgme

That's backwards. Love is simple. Happiness is complex.

Really? I don't think so. A bacteria will follow its happiness feeding on a host, it has nothing to do with love, that concept is incomprehensible to such a simple existence.

Surviving IS following happiness, because the result of NOT following survival is sufferance (unhappiness).

reply to post by arpgme

They do not think "I love that creature" they just have a natural, understood, mutual relationship with all creatures, even humans.

So when a parasite is feeding on a human, it has love for it? When a wild animals sinks its teeth into a human, it has love? I don't think so. Let's be honest here.

reply to post by arpgme

But dualistic, conditional love that is sought after to make people "happy" is what humans normally live by.

You can be happy without love.

reply to post by arpgme

All animals have this love, this respect, for one another.

So when one group of animals destroy the environment of another and the animals are forced to leave against their will, there is a mutual respect and understanding there? Even when they are sinking their teeth into a pray, there is love there?

reply to post by arpgme

for happiness to exist and be needed would imply sadness, the other side of the spectrum.

So love and hate would be needed too, thus it is NOT unconditional...

reply to post by arpgme

For a shark to be happy upon eating he would have to be depressed upon starvation. This is a fallacy.

I agree. That is a fallacy. Animals do NOT have to be depressed just to eat. It's the fact that eating when hungry makes them more HAPPY than to continue starving... so they follow the HAPPINESS

reply to post by arpgme

Animals do not judge things as good or bad, as happy creating or saddening. To them.. everything just is and that is perfect.

They do judge between what personally makes them happy and unhappy. They always choose what feels better for them and avoid what doesn't, unless it is a very good reason like protecting another that they care about - and they choose that because it feels better than losing them.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Really? I don't think so. A bacteria will follow its happiness feeding on a host, it has nothing to do with love, that concept is incomprehensible to such a simple existence.

Surviving IS following happiness, because the result of NOT following survival is sufferance (unhappiness).

I find it ironic that you state something such as a bacteria can not comprehend something such as "love" because of its "simple existence" yet it is perfectly capable of comprehend another mental state. (i.e. happiness)

However, you are making the assumption that a bacteria is trying to conceptualize love, when it is something already naturally understood that requires no effort towards, no thinking. A fish is naive to the water around him because it has become so natural.

Surviving is not following happiness. Surviving is surviving, because the result of NOT following survival would mean the end of its species, and that is not what a species wants. All species seek to have dominance. To propagate as much as possible and try to be on top of the food chain.

So when a parasite is feeding on a human, it has love for it? When a wild animals sinks its teeth into a human, it has love? I don't think so. Let's be honest here.

Yes that is exactly what I mean. Let's be honest here. How could a wild animal not have anything but love and respect for the thing that is keeping it alive? Perhaps you do not have this kind of relationship with your food, but animals do.

There is nothing personal about an animal killing a human for reasons such as food or territory. It is just doing what is natural to it to survive. It is only us humans that take everything so personally. A lion killing a gazelle would have no personal intention for the kill other than eating and keeping itself alive. And, of course, the gazelle would not take it personally, it would not think "Oh, why me? Out of all the other gazelles, this lion chose to kill me! What a jerk!" No. He would simply understand that the lion is merely using him as a means of survival, just as he would do everything in his power to fight and get away so that he may survive. It would still not be anything personal.

You can be happy without love.

You can, perhaps, have pseudo-happiness that is conditional based, fleeting, and unstable. However, if one were to have an unconditional love for themselves and all, the would have everlasting happiness.

So when one group of animals destroy the environment of another and the animals are forced to leave against their will, there is a mutual respect and understanding there? Even when they are sinking their teeth into a pray, there is love there?

See above.

So love and hate would be needed too, thus it is NOT unconditional...

Why would love and hate be needed?

I agree. That is a fallacy. Animals do NOT have to be depressed just to eat. It's the fact that eating when hungry makes them more HAPPY than to continue starving... so they follow the HAPPINESS

I am just following your logic here. Animals apparently eat to become more happy, so the opposite (not eating) would make them more sad and would imply that an animal that is starving is depressed. Does that mean a lab study of pumping Xanax into starving animals would surpress the hunger trigger and cause an animal to die due to lack of nourishment?

It's not really about an animal experiencing an emotion for it to eat. It, again, simply comes down to survival. Their stomach gets hungry; they need food to keep going, so they search so that they do not die and they (and thusly their species) can continue onward.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Ok, even if animals accept the killing aspect as a part of life, of survival, as something natural, that still doesn't mean that they love them just because they accept the fact that they are getting eaten. At most, it would be peace (contentment/acceptance), since it is accepting the nature of life, but not love.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Peace and acceptance is love.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Look, you cannot put qualities on that which is timeless, unconditional, infinite, all-encompassing... it just isn't possible.

So all this talk about "everything is consciousness or love or happiness or whatever" is pure nonsense. Nature has no intrinsic qualities. It is a waste of time trying to objectively define that which is purely relative, your time is better spent clarifying who you are versus speculating upon ideas of who you may be.
edit on 26-3-2012 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join