It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Sales Explode As Election Grows Closer.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
When I went out to buy a new handgun a few months ago the stores were so busy that you had to take a number and wait about 45 minutes just to get service from someone to purchase the firearm. I think this article is correct in both that people are concerned about their gun rights in the next term as well as concerned with the state of our society.

I myself live in a remote area with an alternative correctional facility a mile away through the woods so I keep firearms for both protection and sport. I am personally worried about my second amendment rights, and will continue to be as long as our government keeps behaving in the manner in which it does.

patdollard.com...

Sales of handguns and ammunition are booming across the country, and retailers say it’s all about the November election.Gun shop owners around the nation told FoxNews.com that sales, brisk ever since President Obama was elected, have spiked upward in recent months.

Well at least the president has been good for all the small local buisnesses out there that sell firearms. I don't believe that the federal government will ever have to bail out a firearms manufacturer.

Mike Weeks, owner of Georgia Gun Store in Gainesville told FoxNews.com. “People are scared their gun rights are going to be curtailed after the election.” Weeks said his sales are up around 30 percent, and that he now sells ammo by the case.“Usually people come in to buy three or four boxes for target practice. Now they are coming in asking what kind of deals they could get on a case,” he said.

I have found that the cheapest ammo can be found online. And I know it can be tracked that way but I'm not stockpilling, I just keep enough to get by in a bad situation. I also like to shoot quite frequently as well.

“They’re also worried that the economy is not getting any better and that they need to protect themselves,” Hanson added.

I think there are people out there who are worried about more than the economy. I really hope that no matter how the election goes, that our second amendment rights will continue to live on in the tradition passed on by our founding fathers. But, with witnessing the destruction of our constitution lately, I fear that the second amendment could be next on the chopping block.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
What if everybody that buys a gun is on a terrorist list...so that way they know where all of them all are...but the ones that are sold person to person doesn't need to be ran through a background check?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy
What if everybody that buys a gun is on a terrorist list...so that way they know where all of them all are...but the ones that are sold person to person doesn't need to be ran through a background check?

That would be one huge list. They do track handguns that are sold through private sales by way of having to register them. There still is no way to track private sales of long guns that I am aware of.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I wonder how many of these guns will go "lost" and will end up in the hands of criminals...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Well that makes a lot of sense

Because I thought Obama already took away everyone's guns three years ago?
Right?
edit on 25-3-2012 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
Well that makes a lot of sense

Because I thought Obama already took away everyone's guns three years ago?
Right?
edit on 25-3-2012 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

Tried and failed...but there's always election 2012, that's if he gets a second term

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

as well as concerned with the state of our society.

We'd better all be concerned, and prepared.
Thanks for posting this. Personally, I'm glad of it...very glad of it. If every person in the country had a firearm, and knew how to use it (thanks to my beloved husband for teaching me), we would not only feel safer, we would be safer. Level playing field, you know.

It's much, much more difficult to take over a group who is armed and dangerous, and expecting you.

History has proven as much since the beginning of time. I'm not stating here who the enemies are, because frankly I'm not sure. And that gives me all the more reason to need to feel prepared for the worst, yet hold out hope for the best.

Namaste

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
I wonder how many of these guns will go "lost" and will end up in the hands of criminals...

Who knows, I am personally a very responsible gun owner. My fiearms stay locked up at all times with the exception of my 45 for home defense. Nobody could gain access to them with any ease whatsoever. I can only speak for myself though. It is the gun owners responsibility to prevent unlawfull use of their firearms.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

I think more people are worried about a second term from Obama because of the speculation reguarding new gun control measures being enacted after his re-election. Some believe he decieved the public by staying loose on gun control this term in order to nail it to the wall in a second term. Time will tell.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

as well as concerned with the state of our society.

We'd better all be concerned, and prepared.
Thanks for posting this. Personally, I'm glad of it...very glad of it. If every person in the country had a firearm, and knew how to use it (thanks to my beloved husband for teaching me), we would not only feel safer, we would be safer. Level playing field, you know.

It's much, much more difficult to take over a group who is armed and dangerous, and expecting you.

History has proven as much since the beginning of time. I'm not stating here who the enemies are, because frankly I'm not sure. And that gives me all the more reason to need to feel prepared for the worst, yet hold out hope for the best.

Namaste

I agree. You can hear physical proof of this at my house today. The gun club next door is very busy today. I'm hearing alot of assault rifles and handguns today as well. I am a former Marine Infantryman and Primary Marksmanship Instructor so I try to teach anyone who is interested in firearms. If I could afford to I would give free training seminars everyweekend.

I also agree that a well armed society is a polite society. I'm in the process of downloading my states firearm laws and in search of ways to preserve our rights here at home.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I'm glad to see this and hope the trend continues because the only truly free society is an armed society.

When you look around at everything going on in our nation and the world you can't help but somehow know that things are going to only get worse. Endless wars, corrupt leaders, massive bailouts (payoffs), political divide, class divide, racial divide, religious divide, economic collapse on a world level; its only a matter of time before it all spins out of control.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I am a former Marine Infantryman and Primary Marksmanship Instructor so I try to teach anyone who is interested in firearms.

Good. My hubby is a veteran Army National Guard Military Police Sergeant (E-5), who had Expert Marksman ranking. He was in charge of a fire team. He has also taught me much about hand-to-hand combat. We drill routinely...

If those who would subdue us believe -- if they KNOW -- that we are capable of self-defense via the training of the very people they trained, they will think harder about what might happen. No, we don't have tanks and grenade launchers at our houses, but we (those of us who have been taught) won't go down without a fight, either.
edit on 25-3-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
While I support the concept of vigilance, I worry about what the consequences of everyone arming themselves to such a degree, could end up being.

I think Americans also need to be realistic about the viability of virtually any man portable firearm, against what the military have. If the fascist hammer truly comes down, and I am inclined to believe that for a certain period of time it is going to, then things are going to get very, very ugly.
edit on 25-3-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join