It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Digital Cable SUCKS!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Recently the entire province went through a switch from analog cable to digital...

When we had analog the signal never cut out...

Since this digital garbage started, the signal cuts out on the regular... it flickers, sometimes we don't get anything on some stations. The sound is messed up at times... it freezes constantly. And it always seems to happen right in the middle of something you really want to watch!!

I want analog back... ever since digital cable became manditory theres been nothing but signal problems

To sum it up...

Digital Cable F****NG SUCKS!!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I agree. Definitely call up your cable provider. Tell them you want it fixed or you will leave.

They listen to profits.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Welcome to the monopoly and where the powers want you to be.
edit on 24-3-2012 by randomtangentsrme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

It sure makes 2 way communication a helluva lot easier tho.....

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I never switched over to the box, i'm done with the intrusion.
the smart metre was ENOUGH.

I don't need up to channel 57 and a crappy signal, and now I play my playstation 3,
F'em.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
What I find aberrant is that Canadians can't even get for free the channels that have already been payed for with our taxes. Federal and provincial stations should be free and stay analog!

THEY want to know what WE watch and digital is traceable 100%.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I haven't watched TV in almost a year, with the exception of a few shows on hulu.

Internet provides me with all my news.

I will never ever purchase a satellite or digital TV package. I still don't have HDTV.

Let the brain dead zombies stare at Ryan Seacrest. Join me in the pursuit of knowledge.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I was going to to start this very same topic earlier today and got to thinking why so many people especially here on ATS didn't protest the HD upgrade lol. I did not buy into the whole HD thing and still don't, one more thing to control...and if something was to go down it would be easier to make a call and all signals lost. and poof no broadcasts

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I watch very little TV either way, but if im going to pay for cable... i want the service i pay for!!

When i do actually watch TV and what im watching cuts out.... it ROYALY PISSES ME OFF!!

*sigh*

I need a beer...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
I watch very little TV either way, but if im going to pay for cable... i want the service i pay for!!

When i do actually watch TV and what im watching cuts out.... it ROYALY PISSES ME OFF!!

*sigh*

I need a beer...

Yeah I've tried to think how you could get signal rights lol and create a package where you could customise your channel line up, kinda a pay per channel..In the end you pay for the channels you WANT to watch.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Ditch cable altogether and free yourself from the MS propaganda.

It can be difficult at first, but after you cut the addiction you'll realize that it's one of the most positive changes you could ever make in your life.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I protested madly when they said that everyone in Aus. was going to be forced onto Digital TV and the analog was going to be shut off, after my initial experience with it.. I never had any real issues with analog over the air signal, sure it got a little snowy in bad weather, or if the PC was on. And I had to wiggle the indoor antenna to get some channels. And who can forget the days of having speaker wire draped over the furniture, winding it's way up the wall to meet strips of sticky tape and find itself wrapped around a mangled coat hanger... I will watch you yet, Doug Anthony All Stars on ABC.

And I didn't really know much about digital at first, so when I got my first STB and plugged it in, I was flabbergasted to discover that I was looking at something that resembled a badly compressed Real Media file complete with squeaks and clicks in the audio and blocks of corrupted imagery on the screen..... Ohh I did not like that. SO I protested..

As usual here, nothing happens when you protest to the politicians and legislation makers.

BUT luckily, after I went through about 4 or 5 different STBs and after inevitably throwing them one after the other into a wood chipper, I got myself a $15 outdoor antenna, that I've gaffa taped to an old broom stick and bound to the roof with twine (I am technologically a legend!) and blow me over, every channel on my $45 USB HDTV Digital Dongle works perfectly.

I am so glad we weren't forced onto cable if that's how it works for you. And that's surprising really, over the air digital is fine, but then this is Free To Air tv, and not subscription. I'll never pay for tv... I'd rather listen to the radio.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme
reply to post by Akragon

Welcome to the monopoly and where the powers want you to be.
edit on 24-3-2012 by randomtangentsrme because: (no reason given)

In what sense could the switch to digital be considered monopolistic.. Look at it this way - have you purchased any new tapes for your Lear Jet 8 track lately. Have you had to buy any service parts for your LearJet 8 track or heck are you still waiting for the Lear Jet 8 track to come out with surround sound. I actually have a car with an 8 track in it - trust me on this.

Statements like this are from people who have never been charged with running a system with obsolete hardware and software -- read analog vs digital. You might want to Google Luddite.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
late in 2008 I finally purchased a 42in plasma screen Panosonic and had been noticing that the pic was a little fuzzy and had accepted that it would be that way and well movies on dvd would be ok.....so on the day of my dish install I mentioned as the installer was hooking up details that the pic truly was fuzzy and when would technology catch up. He replied what channel do you like? I said Nascar he said punch in lets say 465 I hadnt had it in the HD channels and I did and every day since I say God Bless HD and my Plasma screen,,,,, I Love It Its sitting, in the room I paid for it it may as well be enjoyed and I do
edit on 25-3-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join