It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is under attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The Trayvon Martin story has not only galvanized America and the rest of the world. It has turned normally sensible posters against each other as each try to lambaste each other on racial issues.

It is good to discuss topics that shape who and what we are but I sense something ominous in recent times. I am not sure if it has anything to do with 2012 or with general elections coming up but things are starting to escalate.

I urge members to please use restraint and common sense and treat each other with respect. It is as simple as that.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

agreed

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

coming up but things are starting to escalate.

Things escalating? I dont know WHAT you mean. Its not like someone said they had found my personal information and threatened to track me down. Oh... wait. Maybe you are right.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
It's not really their fault, the media is all over it, the president mentioned it and they are having gatherings about it in different parts of the country, with people taking pictures of themselves with hoodies on. It doesn't seem like a bigger deal to me than another shooting death, but the noise around it makes it more than just your average murder.
edit on 24-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I am so glad I don't have TV or a working radio. With the internet I can pretty much filter most of the content that comes in. Its sad that another person dies, but guess what, we all go sometime. Some is more tragic than others, I get that. With that said, I guess I will finally have to find out what this trayvon thing is all about.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The first thing you should realize is. People are stupid

Once you come to grips with this concept, everything else will make much more sense.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I couldn't agree more OP. Seems people feed all this negativity.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Is your avatar the "Tsar Bomba?" Wickedly awesome

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

It's so sad. The media is making a field day with this story and people are being led astray very easily.
Right now, kids are being shot and murdered and I don't see the media coverage and care for these poor kids like I see for Trayvon, not saying Trayvon doesn't need it.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
The story is a symptom, not the disease itself. People are not being "whipped up" by the story. Rather, they are latching onto the story as a way to express frustrations that are boiling to a head.

America has seriously unresolved race issues, and its not something that can be resolved overnight. Tensions build and find release, as they did in Watts in the 60s or the LA riots of the early 1990s. I feel the pre-storm static in the air. I think we are overdue for another round of more explicit racial violence, sadly.

Its a real shame because racial conflict doesn't have to happen, there is a way out. We'll get there eventually; things are better then they were in the 50s or 60s, say, but it will be another handful of decades at least before we get there.

top topics

join