It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Ch: Proof Positive Professor Can -& Did!- Produce Huge EQs via HAARP-like ELF waves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
so who else is doing it, and why?

weird connection between 3 towns 80 miles equidistant and in a line

could these scary BOOMS and HOUSES SHAKING be the subject of a directed energy experiment to trigger man-made quakes across north america?

g.co...

Straight Line Earthquakes?
It appears as if the earthquakes that are happening this week in Clintonville & Montello, WI could be related to the quake in Menominee, MI 18 months ago. Clintonville is 80 miles from Montello, it is ALSO 79-80 miles from Menominee, MI.. To me that is too strange to look over.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
You know,if this is possible,then they could actually make a earthquake happen to release stress at that point ,with giving notice to the citizens to evacuate to prevent unexpected earthquakes and loss of life.

But I don't see any proof HAARP had anything to do with anything here.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
So why is he using a speaker instead of a radio transmitter? We all know that we can shake things up a bit with sound. I would be a lot more impressed if he got the rock to slide with 30 watts of actual radio waves. Radio waves and Sound waves are two very different things.
Total TV hype in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I don't want to be confrontational, so I removed this post.
edit on 24-3-2012 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the post it was interesting but I agree with dainoyfb above. The scientist in the video knows better than to use a sub-woofer for the demonstration. Actually he was pretty smart to use it because he knew what the result of inducing a sound wave vs. a radio wave would be.

I knew what was going to happen before the end of the video as did probably everyone here. Do the same experiment using a directional antenna and pump some energy into the small scale test and see what happens. I submit, without even doing the test, that the result will be that nothing happens.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

HAARP does not radiate controlled ELF waves. It heats the atmosphere with higher frequency radio waves and the the ionosphere produces ELF frequencies in response (note that the ionosphere produces these frequencies naturally anyway, even without the 'heater').

ELF waves are not directional. Directionality is a function of frequency. The higher the frequency, the more directional a waveform is. ELF is short for Extremely Low Frequency. The fact that they are not produced from an antenna array, but from an atmospheric phenomena also means that they are even less directional than radio produced from an antenna array.

The attached video seems to confuse infasound (low frequency sound) and ELF (low frequency radio).

Coupled to the fact that this video refers to "directed ELF" from HAARP causing earthquakes (which is simply physically impossible) leads me to believe that this is a scripted television piece with actors instead of scientists, designed to titillate an ignorant public, similar to many History Channel shows.

After all, the truth, being so mundane, does not get ratings and attract advertisers.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
You know,if this is possible,then they could actually make a earthquake happen to release stress at that point ,with giving notice to the citizens to evacuate to prevent unexpected earthquakes and loss of life.

But I don't see any proof HAARP had anything to do with anything here.

And just what kind of proof would be sufficient for you?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

I agree. However I think that by doing this program The History Channel has lost a LOT of credibility. Remember when the Discovery channel and History Channel dealt with FACTS or at least presented many viewpoints on there more fringe topic documentaries? This program is pure sensationalism. I honestly think that if it is all TOTAL B.S. which is what many people with just a little knowledge of electromagnetism and sound think, then why has there not been a rebuttal and debunking on national television, maybe not the History Channel, but some channel? If this program with Nick Begich and crazy cronies are so far off from the truth I think it would piss some legit physicists off, wouldn't it? I am not even going to pretend to be a science wizz, I will not pass as one, however I love to learn and feel that there is some legit things brought forth in Begich's book "Angels Don't Play This H.A.A.R.P" I feel that the use of E.L.F. waves to entrain the human brain is a fact, earthquakes? Seems a bit much....but seriously, an audio amplifier playing bass tones to represent H.A.A.R.P is silly....For some more factual and interesting ideas about E.L.F check out the book "The Cycles of Heaven" and work by Micheal Persinger. Also this site: journal.borderlands.com...
edit on 25-3-2012 by nitro67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

The ELF frequency measurements across the human brain are fairly gross totals across millions, if not billions of neurons. They are a measure of electrical potential and are not radiant electromagnetism.

If the neurons were an end-to-end wire running through the brain, then I would expect the brain to 'tune' outside radio, but not at ELF frequencies (the antenna is too short).

The thing is that the neural network branches in all directions and neural conduction is broken at each synapse (It isn't a continuous 'wire'), is not in a line and is too short to form an antenna.

In short, RF at ELF frequencies cannot affect the brain in the way suggested.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

RF cannot entrain the brain,OK I get that.. What about Magnetic fields or microwaves pulsed at ELF frequencies? Or Infrasound (I know another animal completely) . Are you saying the human brain cannot be entrained by external fields? Also, if what Begich is saying is all bad science, why doesn't he get ripped on national t.v.? I do not get it. We are not talking about Syfy channel or late night fox, but prime time HISTORY CHANNEL. Millions of people see this and expect it to be legit. I know it is just T.V. and the producers only have money on their minds but, seriously, if what is being said about H.A.A.R.P is as far from the truth as some of the people on this site insist, why not a public debunking of Begich and co.? What he is saying is every paranoid delusional fantasy "come true." I think it is dangerous. I do not think Begich is a shill or "snake oil" salesman, I think he believes what he says. The controversy as to how external fields, be they Electric, magnetic, audio, or some combination, has on the human mind/body is something that has been argued about for decades now. I remember seeing a headline news article about cellphones being listed as a carcinogen by the W.H.O. one day and then a short while later another group releases their study and says there is no conclusive evidence to say that cell phone radiation is dangerous or linked to cancer. Clearly there are a lot of different groups studying this and coming away with vastly different results. The fact that some people are far more "sensitive" to external fields is very interesting to me and suggests, just like some people are more easily hypnotized, that some people can in fact have negative effects from man made EM fields, whether in something focused and directed like H.A.A.R.P or the fields radiating from the 60hz power lines. Look into the work of Albert Budden. Check this vid out:

edit on 25-3-2012 by nitro67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
That entire program, not just that clip, is a total pile of steaming misinformation (you thought I was going to say bull* didn't you?)

Most, if not all, of the "demonstrations" are faked like the guy with the speaker who was yammering about "ELF waves" then tried the old switcheroo sound for radio hoping you'd miss it.

Another problem even in this clip is that if you look at the antenna setup he's using, that is not any sort of "ELF transmitter", it looks like about a 400MHz geopenetrating radar rig using Yagis. It's not even one of the newer UWB jobs.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by nitro67

...then why has there not been a rebuttal and debunking on national television, maybe not the History Channel, but some channel? If this program with Nick Begich and crazy cronies are so far off from the truth I think it would piss some legit physicists off, wouldn't it?

None of them care about it, I'd suppose. Who are you going to convince? If you ask Begich about his mail order doctorate in homeopathy, he's not going to be taken any less seriously by HAARP CT'ers. They're doing the Yeats thing.

I love to learn and feel that there is some legit things brought forth in Begich's book "Angels Don't Play This H.A.A.R.P"

Put forth some effort and learn the real thing, instead of wasting that enthusiasm on Begich! I've read this book, and it was hard going. Not because it was technically difficult, but because you can't get three sentences without him listing himself as a reference or using the local TV repairman to validate his arguments.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Using sound waves will not penetrate miles into the earth.

As for radio waves a frequency sympathetic to the material miles deep, the essential frequency would differ depending on the composition of that material. In theory I will accept it, but in practice very difficult to achieve and certainly NOT HAARP!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I just have a hard time believing that someone from an accredited university would not confront Begich, if he is in fact spouting nothing but lies and half-truths on National T.V., Someone has to care that Begich is just lying upfront about science. This is something that should be easily debunked if his science is just wrong, right? How about a professor in physics just take some time out of their very busy life, between banging hot students and driving race cars
I would think somebody would care enough about their field to shut this chump Begich up once and for all......I mean if what Begich is saying is all B.S.......of course......

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by oghamxx

Resonance is the key to all this. I think the acronym H.A.A.R.P is actually very telling. What is a harp? A musical instrument, of course..ever seen anyone listening to loud dub-step or techno music. Entrainment! I think this is a much better documentary, check out this clip:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by nitro67
reply to post by Bedlam

I just have a hard time believing that someone from an accredited university would not confront Begich, if he is in fact spouting nothing but lies and half-truths on National T.V., Someone has to care that Begich is just lying upfront about science. This is something that should be easily debunked if his science is just wrong, right? How about a professor in physics just take some time out of their very busy life, between banging hot students and driving race cars
I would think somebody would care enough about their field to shut this chump Begich up once and for all......I mean if what Begich is saying is all B.S.......of course......

The problem is the guys that tend to believe Begich don't have any trouble swallowing explanations that involve "power crystals from Atlantis" and the like. So no matter what you say, they're going to go for the eerie, fun explanation. I use that as an example because one of his sources he cites also wrote a book on "the power systems of Atlantis" that Nick rings in as validation for one of his points.

He also quotes most of the employees of the local crystals-n-unicorns head shop, but doesn't describe them quite that way. You find out by doing 'who's this' searches on the names. Also at one point one of his "professors" that he depends on had to stand up in Federal court and admit that his only exposure to college was a few weeks of freshman semester in psych when he was busted for fraud for something else.

I started to list the problems with his book once but I was writing more material than was in there trying to explain why it was so awful. I think I posted about 10,000 characters of it here in 2004 or so.

"For how can you compete,
Being honor bred, with one
Who were it proved he lies
Were neither shamed in his own
Nor in his neighbors’ eyes"

W. B. Yeats

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

Interesting clip. I consider mind control by a radio frequency to still be in it's infancy. A weapon of the future. I do not see it related to HAARP though HAARP could be interfering with incoming 'rays' the effects of which are not realized or understood, thus resulting in who knows what. Recently it has been shown that the half life of isotopes is different on the dark/night side of earth so the planet is shielding or absorbing something we do not yet understand, at least it is not publicly known.

I recall a claim back in the 50's or 60's that a certain frequency (422 or 488 Mhz?) would fry your brain.

Three old Navy projects ELF, Sanguine and Seafarer operated at 72 hertz but only had an effective radiated power of one fourth watt. I got a tour of their transmitter site in Rice Lake Wisconsin. They were able to communicate with submarines around the world but at about 3 characters per minute, hardly fast enough should a war break out. The miles of antenna were buried in the ground and I recall that it drove away earthworms like a mega worm shocker. Close proximity to the antenna when in operation had no effect on humans

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

Nitro, I was not saying that there are no outside influences on the brain, just that the use of radiant ELF electromagnetic could not have an effect.

To transmit and receive ELF requires very large antennas (both radiant and receiving). To give you an example, the wavelength of a 2 Hz radio signal is 150,000,000 meters (in words, one hundred and fifty million meters). (FYI, Wavelength = Velocity / Frequency so 150,000,000 = the speed of light (or 300,000,000 m/S) / 2 ). This frequency is in the ELF band.

The most effective single element type of antenna consists of two lengths of conductor laid out in a straight line, half the length of the wavelength you want to send or receive, and separated by a small gap. This is called a dipole antenna.

As one end of this antenna is experiencing one part of the wave (and therefore at the electrical potential of that part of the wave), the other end is experiencing the opposite part of the wave (and is therefore at the opposite potential). This creates a difference in voltage between the two arms of the antenna which is what we measure.

If the antenna is very short in comparison with the wavelength then there will be very little difference in voltage between the arms and so any radio signal with a wavelength of 150,000,000 would be unlikely to be able to be detected with an antenna less than 37,500,000 meters long (1/4 of the wavelength).

... but, you can shake the brain mechanically (sound), electrify the brain (run currents through it), or induce noise into the brain with magnetic pulses. All of these things would require big equipment at close distances (or in contact) and would not be subtle.

It is also possible that you could introduce specific information into the brain (like light or sound/music) which could cause processing issues and will have an effect (I am thinking about things like a 9 Hz flashing light which can cause an epileptic seizure in those prone to Epilepsy).

edit on 25/3/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join