It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto Brainwashing Children With Kids' Activity Book

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
You guys whine constantly that everything is bad for us. Why are we living longer? Were crops just more evil back then? Were there more chemtrails? Every tard on ATS knows modern medicine is the reason our lives are cut short..... Oh wait, again, we live longer. It's hard being a govt. shill sheep, but someone has to do it. We live longer, you whine more. Half of you welfare queens wouldn't even have food if it weren't for genetically engineered crops. EMBRACE YOUR MASTERS.

You have a serious itch to scratch. Most of what you say is not even relevant to what's being talked about here. A brief glimpse of this thread will show that no one mentioned "DUR HURR IT MAKES YOU DIE SOONER" as you seem to suggest.

The idea is that it's corporate propaganda, aimed at children, from a corporation set on global dominance in agriculture industry. Not like it matters, because it's institutionalized trash that no child will touch, unless forced.

Lots of "you", lots of "we". Really disturbing, divisive post, dude.

My advice to you, is to look in the mirror.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by fictitious

As far as fruit, I remember eating apples, strawberries, and other fruits from my yard growing up, and they definitely have changed.

I'm not that old at 26 but apples and oranges and EVERYTHING tastes better when it's from your own land. My Grandpa in California had a little mini orchard and I always thought his stuff had a better taste. That's subjective and has no real weight if you want to claim one crop is superior. I had a few apple trees where I grew up, and I guarantee they apples tasted like crap compared to store bought but to me, they were perfect. Subjective taste means nothing.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

I looked in the mirror. I saw a very healthy young man that agrees with genetically engineering crops. Better crops that are more resistant to infestation/disease means more food. More food is better. Keeps me looking svelte.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

The author included a link to the activity book in the OP. It doesn't mention anything about Monsanto at all. In my opinion, there is absolutely nothing in it that gives me any pause. It is a great concept and the book doesn't seem to be "brainwashing" anyone into believing that it's OK to pretend like you're trying to help by modifying food when really you can use it to control people.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

You guys whine constantly that everything is bad for us. Why are we living longer? Were crops just more evil back then? Were there more chemtrails? Every tard on ATS knows modern medicine is the reason our lives are cut short..... Oh wait, again, we live longer. It's hard being a govt. shill sheep, but someone has to do it. We live longer, you whine more. Half of you welfare queens wouldn't even have food if it weren't for genetically engineered crops. EMBRACE YOUR MASTERS.

... Are you trolling or just a monsanto employee?

Who are you going to defend next, the federal reserve? The Vatican? Obama? Bush? Your type sickens me.

I'm sure those who have been here long enough know who the enemy is, thanks for signing up.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

As usual I continue to be consistently appalled. They target children because they are lambs to the slaughter. They absorb everything like sponges so if you can brainwash an entire culture then they know it makes sense to start with children who one day will be the future.

The entire thing is sickening and utterly malevolent.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Afraidnomore

... Are you trolling or just a monsanto employee? Who are you going to defend next, the federal reserve? The Vatican? Obama? Bush? Your type sickens me. I'm sure those who have been here long enough know who the enemy is, thanks for signing up.

Well my dear, I am not trolling, and certainly am not an employee of Monsanto. What type am I and why do I sicken you? Does is matter how long I have been here? I have been here longer than you but still think your opinion matters as much as my own.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Egyptia

As usual I continue to be consistently appalled. They target children because they are lambs to the slaughter. They absorb everything like sponges so if you can brainwash an entire culture then they know it makes sense to start with children who one day will be the future.

The entire thing is sickening and utterly malevolent.

Wow, talk about an overreaction. The book explains how biotechnology can be used for good. How is that a bad thing? What's next? Complaining about kids being taught that murder is wrong?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyTots

The author included a link to the activity book in the OP. It doesn't mention anything about Monsanto at all. In my opinion, there is absolutely nothing in it that gives me any pause. It is a great concept and the book doesn't seem to be "brainwashing" anyone into believing that it's OK to pretend like you're trying to help by modifying food when really you can use it to control people.

The only gripe I have with this book is that there is no page saying there are any potential risks involved with biotechnology. I think it's important when touting the method to present all sides for review of the reader. Even if they are children, who knows maybe the child who reads it could be inspired to get involved someday and be the one who discovers a way to drastically minimize the risks of biotechnology.

I think brainwashing is much too strong a word here. Actually if I was a kid I think this topic would really interest me and I would like to read all about it.
edit on 24-3-2012 by seeker11 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
To those claiming that life expectancy is going up, I ask you do a google search (life expectancy dropping) and debunk the hundreds of articles pointing otherwise.

On topic, I remember programming like this when I was in school
"the gmo's grow bigger and faster than normal crops"
"One day all of our food will be genetically modified and starvation will disappear. Food will be cheaper than candy bars are today"
Without Monsanto we wouldn't have plastic and rubber like we have today. We owe most of our technology to them"

The mere fact that I was hearing exactly what I wanted to hear made me question. My mom raised me right, and told me that when something seems too good to be true, it most likely isn't. Personally I thank Monsanto for teaching me the true ruthlessness I've come to recognize in all of the highest eschelons of power

I wasn't even told about the potential "growable medicine" or I would've been here sooner. It's okay, maybe when monsatan takes total control of our food we won't be able to ignore the coincidences any longer. That's all I will add

Bring on the zombie virus bananas, we can take em
edit on 24-3-2012 by Monsatan because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2012 by Monsatan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Monsatan

To those claiming that life expectancy is going up, I ask you do a google search and debunk the hundreds of articles pointing otherwise.

First result, maybe you should debunk this.

www.google.com...:USA&dl=en&hl=en&q=life+expectancy
edit on 24-3-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyTots

What's next? Complaining about kids being taught that murder is wrong?

Murder is only wrong when committed by genetically advanced corn and carrots hell bent on murdering the breeders that would produce more consumers for the evil corporation. Oh wait. Why does Monsanto want to murder our young again? So they can't make profits? Oh... Doesn't hold much water...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

... Are you trolling or just a monsanto employee? Who are you going to defend next, the federal reserve? The Vatican? Obama? Bush? Your type sickens me. I'm sure those who have been here long enough know who the enemy is, thanks for signing up.

Well my dear, I am not trolling, and certainly am not an employee of Monsanto. What type am I and why do I sicken you? Does is matter how long I have been here? I have been here longer than you but still think your opinion matters as much as my own.

He he if you knew who I was you would know I've been here for years.. Is that your only screen name?

Your Type, denier... When the truth is in your face and you deny it, then you keep going on thinking that you are right...
But I totally agree, our opinions matter, regardless.

Maybe there's a topic on ats that you agree with...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

Public and even some private education is so filled with corporate agendas that it is getting ridiculous. So many children are being indoctrinated and will not know any better. Yes, corporate agendas have been pushed upon the masses for as long as corporations were in existence. I just feel like I see it more now than ever (besides during WW2 in Nazi Germany).

At some point, if these children grow up thinking GMO crops are great, they are going to get older and keep promoting it. How long and how much can something be modified?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I'm not sure if you have researched GMF - genetically modified foods? If you did the research you would be utterly horrified. The dire implications are such that it means destruction for the entire planet.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I can see your point, but I'm not sure how they'd fit it into an activity book like this anyway. "Match the extra appendage to the GMO food that potentially caused it"?

And I totally agree about being interested in this stuff if it was presented to me in school. Even now, I think it's cool that we are able to do things like this. Corporations and greed will always taint progress, but the original concepts behind it are wonderful.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyTots

Yeah...I realize it's a kids book, but if they can learn and understand a word like biotechnology then I do think they would be smart enough to possibly learn about risks?

They could just have one page dedicated to it that is all. I just think it's important.
Not like I will get my wish anyways but....

I know everyone thinks technology is the devil, but seriously how else do we think we are going to evolve and move forward off of our planet to explore space and potential neighboring civilizations? Big knowledge comes with big risks. Unfortunately many times we are the guinea pigs, but eventually something new and hopefully better will rise out of the ashes.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

He he if you knew who I was you would know I've been here for years.. Is that your only screen name? Your Type, denier... When the truth is in your face and you deny it, then you keep going on thinking that you are right... But I totally agree, our opinions matter, regardless. Maybe there's a topic on ats that you agree with...

Well I suppose if I knew who you were (back in the day) I would know who you are a bit more. Umm... Why are you not now who you used to be? This is my only screen name. You have others still? I thought that was against the T&C. What, pray tell, is a denier? Are you calling me a French coin? I don't believe I have denied anything true, and challenge you to show me otherwise. Your opinion does matter, but the fun of this site is that opinions can change without a feeling of malice for the one spurring such change. There are topics on ATS that I agree with, there are some that I take issue with. I thought the point was to have discussions. As long as we remain civil, there is no reason we cannot disagree, correct?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

So pretend I have no idea what you are talking about. Pretend you are having a conversation. Pretend that the accuser has to prove the claims...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Yeah, because I take the world bank's word as gospel. I'm not even wasting the time posting all of the university research, or all the news sites showing that the expectancy is dropping. 70 days at a time isn't a huge drop, but it adds up

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join