It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please tell what you see John Kerry doing for you.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Since I have been able to vote, I have never done so. Politicians are a breed of mongaloid power-crazed human, and I have abstained from this right for personal esoteric reasons. I am a very ardent patriot. Not a nationalist, but a patriot.

Let me get to the meat of this topic. What, left wingers, do you see John Kerry doing to improve your life?

I am very aware of his scientific stances, which i applaud him on, but he is as wishy-washy as the rest on the homefront and abroad. I'm assuming most of us are by no means rich. What is he going to do for the middle class? How is he going to thwart terrorism? How is he going to bring closure to the stand-offs with North Korea and Iran? Your input is appreciated.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I am not a left winger...I am a Republican. But I vote for the man who will do the best job in leading this country, not the party. I do believe it is callously ludicrous for a man not to vote when there is such a difference.

I voted for many Republicans, and am not a pacifist, for I almost gave my life fighting in Vietnam with the 1st Air Cavalry.

I do concur with John Kerry, who protested the senselessness of the Vietnam war from first hand fact. He had faced bullets with his name on them, bullets shot at him in anger. He too had shot and killed,. and fought the good fight. He had seen the war at its roots...so his protest was against a senseless war that had no winning precept, no chance for victory...no exit plan, yet was killing American boys by the hundreds and thousands, taking this or that hill, then giving it up, then taking it again, in a mad merry-go-round that was not fought to win. I know, I was there, a combat infantryman with the 1st Air Cavalry...and though we went over gung-ho to fight for our country, mom and apple pie...for the liberty for all, all too soon war changed us. It changed us when we saw the South Vietnamese government we fought for was more corrupt than the one we were fighting...the black market and drug running, the power struggles and assassinations rampant among ARVN generals, and even their president...who while in the midst of a campaign for reelection had all of his opponents rounded up and put into jail until after the election...guess who won? We, the boys on the ground could see this...see we were going nowhere, but to die! You ask any infantryman...when he became a veteran in-country, he no longer fought for those high and gung-ho ideals he had when he first got there. He was fighting only for his brothers around him, watching his back...and to survive to get back to "the world," that's all!

John Kerry saw this first hand. He saw the senslessness, and wanted to do what he could to save lives by ending the war, and bringing the boys back home. He didn't want one more drop of American Blood spilt in that unforgiving land. If the powers that be had followed his admonition, literally 14,000 American boys whose blood now nourishes some fetid, feral jungle, would be alive today...and the wall in Washington would be much smaller. No, John Kerry's protest was not the protest of those who called us baby killers, or spat upon us...for John Kerry was one of us. He had been a very aggressive swiftboat captain in Vietnam...he knew the score...he understood...he was pained by the memory of those left behind...he wanted to bring our boys home. His was not opportunism! He did not consider his protest "using vets" to further his personal and political gain...he was one of "us" still over there...he empathized with us...he revered us...and he didn't want to have Americans die in vain. He said as much, that he "didn't want one more American to be the last American to die a terrible death in vain."

I feel strongly that John Kerry was an honorable veteran whose reputation is being slimed, whose service and all medals has recently been verified and documented by the Dept of the Navy as earned and deserved. So many are passing on total fabrications, saying John Kerry said that which he never did. That is why I have posted this web site so that people can see his entire speech, not out of context, and see he did not say some of the evil things in it that they are attributing to him. Note that this same kind of political mudslinging was directed at John McCain, the ex POW who dared run against Bush, and Max Cleland, a triple amputee and ex president of the Disabled American Veterans to which I belong, when he ran against Bush. Bush has a history of mudslinging to detract attention away from his abysmal record on all fronts, from Iraq to the economy to jobs to taxes to health care...everywhere he is a poor president, and the only way he can win is through this negative campaign of smear tactics. And it is a sad commentary on the intelligence of our people that it is working.
"Truth about Kerry," namtour.com...

Bush is making a mess of Iraq, and killing Americans by the handful for a nothing...no WMD's, no culpability or connections at all with the 9/11 tragedy, no connection with Al Qaida at all, no connection with Osama Bin Laden at all (they didn't even like each other, for they were at cross purposes, Osama being a Religious Fundamentalist, and Saddam being a secularist.). I see haunting similarities between the quagmire of Vietnam, and the quagmire that is Iraq...and I am saddened that we have learned so little from our mistakes there, and are now repeating them. Paint the Iraqi sand dunes green and you have Vietnam, with all the corruption, the corporate finagling, the lies that got us into this with Bush's rush to judgment that angered the whole world against the US and Bush. I am saddened because I see in this Iraqi war the corruption, self-interest, the callous regard for boys on the ground fighting and dying, and self aggrandizement that doomed any hope of victory in Vietnam even before it started.

The military and tactical mistakes which have been made in Iraq will cause it to last decades, as did Vietnam, or maybe more. I am saddened because so many do not, or will not, see the problem because Bush keeps telling us lies to incite a kind of false patriotism, a frenzy to war like I was beat nto that propelled me to Vietnam, proclaiming loudly that righteous victory is at hand with the holy crusades of this regime. Too many lap up the pottage of information that they are fed, gluttonously proclaiming allegiance at all costs, to whatever course they are told we must follow, and will not listen to the voice of reason showing the great disparity between what is true and what they are being told. I see increasing horrors with body counts of lost American boys-next-door, a distortion of freedom's bell sounding a dangerous knell leading our country to a change to either barbarism or destruction of many of our ideals, because of the unwise stewardship.

Almost to a man, all retitred generals who do not depend on Bush for maintaining their jobs, are flat out against the debacle in Iraq. So many still believe Bush's lie that Saddam and Iraq are the terrorists responsibele for the attack on this country. The CIA, the FBI, Bush's own anti-terrorist chief, and the recently concluded 9/11 commission all unanimously and unwquivocally state that Saddam and Iraq had nothing whatsoever to do with the attack on Amnerica of 9/11. Yet Bush keeps saying it did, but he also has said it didn't...flip flopping depending on what audience is listening to him.

God bless the American dream...
One shining moment in history rising to the top, like cream
Make her again be the land of the free and brave
I offered my life to save,
Make America a light on a hill that all the world may see,
A healing bastion to those downtrodden from depravity,
Hailing purity in freedom and liberty,
Displaying in deed and action morality
By its might giving light,
By its glory bringing intelligence and right,
The center of truth and justice,
Very integrity personified by word and deed selflessness...

I do not believe in, "America, wrong or right,"
Nay, I want her to be right
Always right...only right...
Always with a strong voice of reason giving hope
Giving the world courage to cope
Showing before the world moral excellence
American virtue's essence
Displaying this nation's Godly birthright
Ever held humble in liberty's fight
Our shield and buckler, star spangled bravery
Our sword keeping America free...

I'm getting very tired and weary of the false misrepresentations...the knowing lies...the gullible acceptance of what someone perverted in lies maliciously said.

So let's count the differences.

1) Kerry would not take us into senseless wars. H would show more patience to first learn the facts of WMD's, or ties with Osama and his Al Qaida boys who were terrorists responsible for 9/11...which means we probably would not be at war today!

2) Certainly, Kerry would not mount a preemptive strike without smoking gun type proof.

3) you can bet your bottom dollar that if Kerry did see the need for war, Kerry would have enlisted our friends and alies and the UN to stand with us, rather than slugging it out toe to toe on our own.

4) Bush is destroying the economy, Kerry has plans and initiative to restore it.

4) Kerry has a tax plan that does not favor the rich, as does Bush's.

5) Kerry has a health plan to aid seniors who are pressed by Bush's stupid prescription drug plan that favors the millionaire pill makers.

6) Kerry would actually strengthen the Army and the VA...Bush claims he is doing this, but is actually weakening them and cutting hospitals and benefits.

7) Kerry would not rely on the smear campaign to deflect voters from the real issues with fabrications, half-truths, innuendoes, and downright bald-faced lies.

If you truly want to be safer, and have a better life, John Kerry offers that.

Gary

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Peace of mind.

A feeling that there is a thinking person in the Whitehouse. Who cares about individual Americans. Who cares about the next and subsequent generations.

NOT a blind, unfeeling ideologue, given to rash unprovoked actions, who cares only about people and organizations with money. Who foolish people follow because he has simple answers, that are simply WRONG

It is Ironic that someone would invade a stable country that was sanctioned and highly monitored and had not a single terrorist camp in it and turn it into a hotbed of terrorism all in the name of preventing terrorism

It boggles my mind. Both that the current president would do that and that so many still blindly, enthusiastically support him in that. I don't want to say they are anti-American, but infact functionally they are.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I have never known a ploitician running for president that wasnt a liar. I think its a requirement to be a president. George Bush is a liar, and John Kerry is a liar. With that being said, Im voteing for John Kerry because Im ready to be told some new lies. I honestly dont see either of them affecting my day to day life. In this day and age, the only person who will do anything for you is you. If Hillary runs in four years, ill vote for her!

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
He's not Bush.

Right now, that's good enough for me.

Now doubt Kerry will screw things up too, but it's a difference in degrees. Four more years of Bush as Pres. will lead to either economic collapse and/or full blown WWIII....niether of which I'm particularly looking forward to....

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder
Please tell what you see John Kerry doing for you.

Serving up more waffles than every Waffle House in the state of NC, really.

My biggest concern with Kerry taking the Oval Office is that his track record of doing one thing and then condemning it later could well bite us in the butt. Sure, he's promising jobs and a kinder stance on terrorism, but how can I trust what he says?
He did, after all, enthusiastically vote for the Patriot Act.

Bleh. All politicians suck as a rule, I think.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Well, with the exception of a couple, almost EVERYONE voted for the Patriot Act, hehe...

But, Shrub more or less CREATED it!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Right now? Honestly? He has done nothing for me or everybody else "as today" I am not talking about "Vietnam"

But like somebody said before me, he is not bush, and he is giving me hope of a better American and a hope of better US standing in the world.

Anything else?

Well he is not president so what else can he do as now, but just give promises of a better life for the American people and the rest of the world.

And then again so the same promises are given by the other candidates from the independent parties.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The extent of Bush's intelligence can be summed up with the following statement he made yesterday during his Rose Garden Press Conference with Iraq's Prime Minister:

In reference to the war, "I know how hard it is, we see it on TV."

Our current Commander-in-Thief, being incapable of grasping important concepts, is the reason to vote for John Kerry. You may not agree with him, but at least he understands what's going on, and can actually talk about it without being fed lines from his aides.

If you notice when John Kerry responds to a question, he thinks for a moment, then gives an answer.

Ask Bush a question, he avoids it, and goes, "Uhhhh.....you see....uhhhh....these are killers....and we have to fight them there, so we don't have to fight them here."

Basically, he "uhhhh's and uhhhhh's" until he can remember a phrase he's used before that can loosely be applied to the current question, spouts it off, and pretends he's a strong leader.

[edit on 24-9-2004 by cstyle226]

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Well, with the exception of a couple, almost EVERYONE voted for the Patriot Act, hehe...

But, Shrub more or less CREATED it!!!

Shrub didn't create it, he probably doesn't even understand it. They were trying to pass those laws forever and used 9/11 to force Congress to do it. By calling it the Patriot Act, you are either a Patriot or you're not.

I wrote my Senator (Lugar) about this and he responded by telling that it was voted 98 to 1 in the Senate, and that no one has abused it, and if they do, he will make sure they are held accountable.

Somehow, I don't have much faith in that.

[edit on 24-9-2004 by cstyle226]

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I know a lot is being made about John Kerry's voting record and the fact that he has not voted consistently one way or the other in the past. Some people claim that they don't know what John Kerry stands for. Maybe some of that is true, and that John Kerry has been on both sides of the fence at times to suit his political aims, or how he felt at the time. My question is thus:

Why is changing you mind or changing your opinion considered to be such a bad thing?

If I were a stockholder of a large company, would I want a CEO who could never change his mind about business decisions, because they did not conform to his establsihed vision or opinion about how businss should be conducted? No! I want a CEO who can make the right decision quickly, based upon the available information, and do whats best for the company. The same is true for our president. He shouldn't be an iron-clad conformist who is at the beck and call of his policial party and special interest groups. He should be an effective manager who can make the best decisions, based upon the available data presented to him, and do whats right for this country.

Alot of people are calling Kerry out because he is against the Iraq war, yet he voted to allow Bush to prosecute this war. Well, as far as I am concerned, Bush went to Congress and asked them to trust him, and that he knew what he was doing. Bush asked Congress (kerry included) to have faith in him, as the manager of our country, to make this decision based upon the information he had in hand. And although Kerry obviously didn't think it was a good idea, he was willing to give Bush the benefit of the doubt and do his job, because Bush had promised Congress that he had the proof, and that Saddam was a bonafide threat. Hindsight being 20-20, not many people in Congress will ever trust Bush again on such an important matter - which only highlights the best reason why Bush should not be re-elected - that the man can never effectively lead this country in a time of national emergency, because a great percentage of Congress and the general public will never trust him again to make important decisions on his own.

Kerry may have a less-than-stellar voting record, but his track record does not contain the kind of tragic, unnecessary blunders that Bush's record does.

Bush is a inexperienced bungler with no long-term vision for what is good for this country. The sad fact is that if 9/11 had never happended, in all likelihood the democrats would be steamrolling into office this fall.....

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I am voting for Kerry for many of the reasons stated above--he won't begin preemptive wars, he will be more respected inthe international community, he is an intelligent man--but also because he shares the same beliefs on women's rights, stem cell research, and separating church and state as I do.

It is very likely that a Supreme court justice will retire in the next four years and it is critical that another conservative, pro-life judge does not get appointed. A woman's right to do what she chooses with her body is in jeopardy as the current vote to uphold Roe vs. Wade is 5 to 4. If this important case is overturned, women will be forced back into the dark ages of illegal and dangerous abortions. If abortion is declared illegal and a fetus is legally determined to be a life, this will open the door for fanatics to attack birth control pills as illegal and other necessary treatments that may put a fetus in jeopardy. It is amazing to me in this day and age that we are on the verge of allowing women to be suppressed again in this manner. Kerry in office will not let this happen. With Bush, it is almost assured.

Embryonic stem cell research must be fully supported and the limitations that Bush has put on research are ridiculous. Going hand-in-hand with overturning Roe vs. Wade and attacking birth control pills, this again is a religious agenda that has been allowed to effect public policy. This reasearch will help million of people, but this administrations policy has been to turn a blind eye. I was disgusted hearing Laura Bush say that we shouldn't fully fund stem cell research because we don't even know if it will successful cures. That's like saying that we should have never build a plane because we didn't know if it would ever fly. The White House is no place for that kind of thinking.

In general, I feel that Kerry understands that we are a nation of many different religions and beliefs and this is why religion cannot be part of public policy. It is better to leave religion out of the law and let individuals exercize their own beliefs--if you don't believe in abortion, don't get one. If you don't believe in stem cell research, don't use the cures that are yielded by this research. But it is wrong to deny people who don't believe as you these rights.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The one drawback that i get from Kerry were his remarks on "foreign leaders wanting Bush out of office". Isn't that a little bit odd? Don't get me wrong; Bush is a moron, but he doesn't bend to the will of foreign governments.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
j. f. kerry will do NOTHING for you!

he is a twisted, ultra liberal, tax and spend, U.S. hating, pansy arsed, liberal democrat.

he has called the Prime Minister of Iraq a flip flopper, per se. what kind of statesmanship is that?

kerry's agenda is to further his own riches.

he is doomed

he cannot possibly win in november, as hillary would not allow it

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Shrub didn't create it, he probably doesn't even understand it. They were trying to pass those laws forever and used 9/11 to force Congress to do it. By calling it the Patriot Act, you are either a Patriot or you're not.

You'll notice I said "more or less" created. He endorsed it, promoted it, and set up the circumstances that pretty much made you look like a traitor if you didn't do likewise... (well, his PEOPLE did anyhoo....Shrub couldn't engineer such a plan)...

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
If he wins...

I see Kerry realizing that he grossly over-estimated himself. I see him bumbling along in Iraq no better than what is happening currently. I see him falling flat on his face when he inevitably fails to deliver 10 million jobs in his first four years.

I especially feel for him if he does get elected, and we get hit again. Because I don't think the man could handle a crisis economy. Bush hasn't handled the current crisis economy well, but I think Kerry would have fallen flat on his face before the challenges September 11th produced.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
he has called the Prime Minister of Iraq a flip flopper, per se. what kind of statesmanship is that?

Good one, S&M! Yeah, really... What would happen if Kerry did get elected and then have to deal closely with someone whom he has been smack talkin' this whole time.

[edit on 24-9-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I am not a democrat or a republican or any of the independents. I won't get myself into the trappings of what any one group believes simply because it is that group saying it.

With that said, Bush has us on the march to WW3. Perhaps Kerry is no better, but we don't know unless we try. Bush is one of the greatest threats to the harmony of the world.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
I am not a democrat or a republican or any of the independents. I won't get myself into the trappings of what any one group believes simply because it is that group saying it.

With that said, Bush has us on the march to WW3. Perhaps Kerry is no better, but we don't know unless we try. Bush is one of the greatest threats to the harmony of the world.

I would hardly call our incursion into the Mid-east a step toward World War III. If Bush had attacked North Korea, that would have been World War III. Is this war based upon unfounded principles? For now, yes. Is the world a better place with terrorists like Hussein locked up forever? Of course. Was this war a good thing? That's a matter of semantics.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I don't think the first shot in WWIII will be fired by the US or anyone like us. Not Israel, not a European nation. Not any country of western persuasion.

I'm truly afraid that its going to be some lucky little terror cell, who happens to eventually slip through the cracks in our western security and light of a nuclear fire-cracker. And then we will simply and unfortunately proceed to laying waste to the entire middle east.

I'm starting to wonder if Putin won't take it upon himself to do it.

[edit on 24-9-2004 by DeltaChaos]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join