It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I were president...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Here are some of my ideas, some you may feel are too far from reality, others you may agree with.

1. Financial
A. Drastically cut defense budget
B. Re-evaluate prison system (no need for it to cost as much as it does)
C. Everyone pays same taxes
D. Re-evaluate foreign aid
E. Close certain Gov departments (DHS, who I think most would agree is a complete waste of money and resources)

2. Security
A. Once again, no need for DHS, blacklists are flawed and other agencies can perform same function.
B. Bring troops and resources back into United States
C. Monitor borders in peaceful defensive manner
D. No wiretapping or spying on citizens without real cause
E. More regulations on TSA, they seem to feel they are above all
F. No alphabet agencies overseas(backing gov overthrow, assasinations, etc)

3. Education
A. Funding cut from defense flows to education
B. Public school still free, somehow lower university cost..
C. School days longer, more education(mandatory evening class in chosen subject?)

4. Healthcare
A. Everyone entitled to free healthcare
B. Defense cuts can fund healthcare program
C. No mandatory vaccinations
D. Overall cost of healthcare can be lowered, it just isn't because well..thats how capitalism works

5. Foreign Policy
A. No preemptive war
B. Humanitarian Aid for peaceful nations
C. Re-evaluate ALL sanctions
D. No backing foreign conflicts

6. Policies and Gov
A. No electronic voting
B. Transparency(spending, programs, international relations)
C. Citizens vote on bills(this is how we get rid of conflict of interest in the House of Reps)
D. No two party system
E. Citizens vote for/against military actions
F. House of Reps replaced by everyday citizens

7. Re-Introduce United States to the International community
A. Educated population
B. Peaceful
C. Financially responsible
D. Respectable ally

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I agree with a majority, there are a few in there that we shouldn't mess with. We are in certain countries at their request for mutual benefit and their protection (Korea and Japan are the ones I know off the top of my head).

I do agree, we can do so much better if we took care of ourselves first and pretty much left others alone.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

1. Financial

A. Congress controls the defense budget, not the President (Commander in Chief)

B. Reevaluating federal prison expense is best handled by reducing the number of victimless crimes prosecuted, but then again, this means the reevaluation of legislation which is also under Congress' purview.

C. Congress has the complete and plenary power of taxation, not the President.

D. Foreign Aid is again a Congressional matter, not a Presidential one.

E. DHS was created by Congress not a President.

I will leave you to mull over this, before addressing anything else.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

and the approval rating of congress is? apparently they aren't doing things they way they need to be done, therefore something else needs to be happening.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SGTSECRET

and the approval rating of congress is? apparently they aren't doing things they way they need to be done, therefore something else needs to be happening.

Are you suggesting usurpation? Dictatorship? To hell with the Constitution, just put you in charge?

Look, it ain't about who is in office that matters, it is about individuals protecting their rights. No President is going to take a nation that has willingly surrendered their rights to have the monstrous government we have and convince them that they must act proactively to protect their unalienable rights. Of course, unalienable rights doesn't really seem to be a big concern with you anyway. Apparently approval ratings is all that matters.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

So me being in agreement with pretty much EVERYBODY else that congress is not doing a good job and somehow needs to be fixed means I don't support the constitution? Somehow thinking people in office should actually do their job means some type of monsterous dictatorship...interesting. That's ok, thanks for your opinion.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTSECRET

So me being in agreement with pretty much EVERYBODY else that congress is not doing a good job and somehow needs to be fixed means I don't support the constitution? Somehow thinking people in office should actually do their job means some type of monsterous dictatorship...interesting. That's ok, thanks for your opinion.

This thread is about what you would do if you were President, not about Congress' approval rating. You're just backpedaling now.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I agree with most of the policies in your post however like it was stated most of those things are controlled by Congress.

I know a lot of people who vote for a president but do not know who their senator or representative is then they blame or give credit to the POTUS.

Get involved politically at the local level. Change does not come from the top down (sorry Mr. Obama). Change only works from the bottom up.

top topics

join