It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santorum Wins Louisiana

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Louisiana Republican Primary Results

Santorum looks to have won Louisiana with about 50% of the votes and Romney with 26%, Gingrich and Paul took the other 24%.

The campaign has come to this, Mitt Romney will win the nomination unless one of the four drops out, the other three candidates plan to take the fight all the way to the convention where the only votes that matter are those of the delegates, who are not bound to majority of votes from their respective states.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
This is a good thing.

Romney is the only one who has a chance of getting the majority by the time of the convention. So I say, let him win a few more, let Santorum win a bunch, and let Newt thrown in a few.

Then when the times comes for the real voting, Ron Paul can become the nominee.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
The GOP is a mess and I love it.

Please...for those of you that think Ron Paul can get the nomination...lay out that math for me.

Jeb Bush has more of a chance of gettting the nomination than Paul does. Hell...Palin has more of a chance.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

If you have half a brain you can see it. If a candidate does not get the required number of delegates during the first round of voting where delegates are set to a candidate - open voting will occur in which those delegates can vote for whoever the hell they want.

If you've been missing the fact that Ron Paul has been working hard to get his supporters as delegates then you will be pretty much blindsided that come the open vote, be it a second or third vote - Ron Paul is going to quickly become the front runner.

The math is simple.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

If you knew the process...Ron Paul can only do that in Caucus states.

All Caucus States put together is no where near enough delegates to win the nomination....and this is where the majority, if not all, of Ron Paul's delegates are already.

So you are suggesting that true blue Republican delegates from the Primary States are going to switch to Ron Paul....good luck with that.

Paul is attempting to gather enough delegates to get a major speaking role at the convention...I don't think even he thinks he will get the nomination.

The only thing left to see with the Paul campaign is if the Republican party will blow him off and not give him a speaking role (which I think is likely) and if he will run third party.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234
Louisiana Republican Primary Results
Mitt Romney will win the nomination unless one of the four drops out, the other three candidates plan to take the fight all the way to the convention where the only votes that matter are those of the delegates, who are not bound to majority of votes from their respective states.

Actually, on the first vote, they HAVE to vote for the person that was declared the winner in their district. So if a Ron Paul representative showed up (as I bet some will) at the National Convention and declared "Ron Paul" when Gingrich actually won the district, his statement will be ignored and he will be shown as having represented Gingrich voters.

They only allow changes and negotiation on the second round, as I understand it.

new topics

top topics

join