It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So NASA says THIS is a "1 millimeter dirt" in the lens of SOHO spacecraft, BUT...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

And if you dig into the final result, the "1 millimeter dirt" of NASA doesn't hold water.

Despite the fact it's been there since launch?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

No, it isn't.

The image is corrected so the north pole of the Sun remains on top. You can verify this by the location of the bright regions of the corona before and after a rotation.

The Sun does not rotate in the image. The fiber does.

I didn't say the Sun rotates. That's what I'm talking about:

Unless the sensor has its own axis and doesn't follow the rotation of the spacecraft, this isn't how we should see the image??

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

If it was dirt in the sensor of the SOHO spacecraft that cause the artefact it would have shined how it did a few seconds later.

Isnt the SOHO far away zoomed in? Yet the "Object" gets illuminated at the time the flare goes past the object and shines light on its back side.

If it was a spec of dirt causing this shine. Then it would occur a second or two later as it took time for the light to travel. It is far enough to notice yet the light shines at the time that would suggest its bouncing of an object near the sun. Not a far away object in the sensor.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
shouldn't the "dirt" be in front and not behind the solar flare or have I picked up on something else...or....?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandrakerealmz
reply to post by Phage

If it was dirt in the sensor of the SOHO spacecraft that cause the artefact it would have shined how it did a few seconds later.

Isnt the SOHO far away zoomed in? Yet the "Object" gets illuminated at the time the flare goes past the object and shines light on its back side.

If it was a spec of dirt causing this shine. Then it would occur a second or two later as it took time for the light to travel. It is far enough to notice yet the light shines at the time that would suggest its bouncing of an object near the sun. Not a far away object in the sensor.

You mean it's lit up in real time...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sounds_of_Silence
shouldn't the "dirt" be in front and not behind the solar flare or have I picked up on something else...or....?

According to Phage this happens because the anomaly is "obviously attached to the imaging system", whatever this means...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
the last one actually looks like a grey alien face,probly a joke played on us all.who knows?,but one thing is for sure,when secrecy,omition,lies are played out on daily bases year after year ,one thing is for sure,to take there word as holy is just ignorance,my opinion. and to who ever,spare me the tech ,im not saying it is this or that,i am just saying i dont know and i dont take any explanation as a fact.
edit on 24-3-2012 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Yeah pretty much in real time. For the dirt theory to hold up it should have been delayed.
edit on 24-3-2012 by Mandrakerealmz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandrakerealmz

Yeah pretty much in real time. For the dirt theory to hold up it should have been delayed.
edit on 24-3-2012 by Mandrakerealmz because: (no reason given)

The dirt explanation still not holding water on how the anomaly seems to be engulfed by the corona ejecta.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Despite an overwhelming wealth of evidence that this is indeed just a fiber that's been on the sensor since launch, discussed several times, and demonstrated several times to be just a fiber, it's always interesting to see how desperately some will cling to their myths, and preconceptions about what they think is occurring in reality.

This is just a fiber. It's on the sensor.
Orientation of the fiber will appear to rotate relative to the orientation of the craft, just as a spot on your camera lens or sensor will do when you rotate your camera.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

OP, is Chadwickus post here not proof that this fiber has been here since launch.

Good post Chad.
Have made my desision

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I thought phage would pop in so I gave a tongue in cheek answer, since I really have no clue.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Well excuse me for not believing NASA or the US Government.... They don't have the best record :/

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
In the last picture it does seem round. It could be some sort of a field of a meteor passing through that got energized by the blast or some sort of plasma bubble. I don't thing there is a windshield wiper on that craft, is that spot still there, if it was dirt it can't blow away unless the craft has a little leaf blower built in. I thought it looked like a WW2 mine that was used to blow up ships. You see what you know. I don't see it being something on the lens, it appears to be behind part of the flash. An alien craft shield loses it's invisibility cloak while fueling up at the sun.
Stargate Universe

I see it's been there all along, looks like they didn't install wipers. Denied the 2500 buck wiper upgrade, elected for the 2500 buck vacation instead..
edit on 24-3-2012 by rickymouse because: add on

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

If one needs to be exact, then that statement is false. The light from the sun has to hit the object first for the sensor to be able to capture it...

What the sensor sees as an object is the light reflected on that object surface...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

You rotated the entire image. You "rotated" the Sun and the spacecraft.

This is what a spacecraft rotation looks like.
Note that the bright areas of corona do not rotate. Note that the planet does not rotate. This is because the image of the Sun is kept north up.

Note that the fiber and that "bump" on the coronagraph disc do rotate...in unison.

edit on 3/24/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

If one needs to be exact, then that statement is false. The light from the sun has to hit the object first for the sensor to be able to capture it...

What the sensor sees as an object is the light reflected on that object surface...

The "object" is on the sensor. To be exact, yes, there is a delay for the light to travel from the fiber which is resting on the sensor to the actual sensor elements which register the light. A femtosecond perhaps, if that.

edit on 3/24/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join