It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So NASA says THIS is a "1 millimeter dirt" in the lens of SOHO spacecraft, BUT...

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ahhh I see now , so it has been there all along in the same position !
Sorry didnt realise it wasnt SOHo until now .

thanks for that

When nasa answered the original question did they just come right out and say , we can confirm its not an object next to the sun just to stop the non believers from questioning them.

Anways Id find it hard to believe that nasa dont already employ such a vacum system to remove particles , they already have these in microbiology labs to stop contaminants !

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by zorgon

What is 'the job' you'd be referring to. Also tell us what space agency has done more and provides more data of space exploration than NASA. We'll be waiting for the scintillating answer to that.

Don't worry zorgon and his buddies will have their own space mission I can't wait but before lift off zorgon please post the address for the flowers to be sent to.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
-facepalm-
@ this entire thread, and at the human race.

yeah hilarious isn't it? All this fuss over a silly little thread and the usual debunkers are working it hard...

Gotta love it

But seriously, I think I will spend a few quid and send NASA one of THESE

Giottos AA1900 Super Rocket Air Blower

Giottos (€11.90) large black Super Rocket Air Blower easily removes dust and debris from cameras, lenses and filters with a powerful hand-squeeze for its burst of air pressure. Includes a one-way valve to prevent Blaster from breathing in dust and spreading it back to your equipment - www.getaddictedto.com...

MUCH better for getting dust and lint off cameras

edit on 26-3-2012 by zorgon because: No idea..this was EDITED? OH NO has to be NASA that did it

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Originally posted by Mandrakerealmz
If its a spec of dirt why is it illuminated at the time that it would take for light to hit said object? If it was light bouncing from inside the camera/sensor then it would be delayed by seconds.

It is not.....

NASA lies badly......

What?
The light from the Sun hits the sensor and the fiber upon it at the same time.

As one of the people who does NOT star Phage for just farting (does it feel weird to have fanboys Phage?) even I see that what you are saying is 100% correct.

I'm a believer but even I can see that is a fibre of some sort that's illuminated by the same light the sensor is..

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Well.. I gotta say.. It would appear many people want this to be something.. And so perhaps that could lead towards others seeing it as something.. But with your 2nd animation there.. Would this "object" have some sort of an effect on it from that cme? I mean.. If not that thats some serious immoveable object there.. So it leads me to agree with nasa. Good luck.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
listen i just have to say that i love your sidebar thing with the guy from Buckaroo Banzai... loved that movie!
edit on 26-3-2012 by hossway17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
the designer needs to be fired in that case as he clearly hasnt done his job correctly or the guys who built it

Why can't we fire posters who can't take the responsibility of reading the thread before asking for answers to questions that have already been covered several times?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The easiest way to end a thread like this is for myself and peopel like Phage to just say...

"Oh, OK, yes your all quite right, it is a space ship"!! "A great big huge planet sized space ship".

OK everyone happy now?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

-facepalm-

I'm picturing the NASA guys who built the craft reading this thread and I am truly embarrassed.

"Hey guys, when we finish putting together this SSD array that 99.999999% of people couldn't comprehend we should go for a few beers and read some more ATS posts for a really good laugh."

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus
reply to post by Char-Lee

I picture you typing that out whilst staring longingly at an autographed framed picture of the cast of Stargate SG-1, as a cat purrs on your lap and another sits atop your monitor.

Am I close?

Well loved Stargate until the ruined it before it ended! I don't believe in actor worship so no picture :-)So pretty much Right...
Loved Kitty but she died and I never had the heart to have another! So pretty much Right..

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Yes.

And that ship carefully keeps station such that it appears in the same location in all of the images from a spacecraft which is moving around the Sun and rotates about its own axis. And it manages to do that while avoiding being seen by any other spacecraft or Earthbound telescopes.

Well they are quit intelligent and capable I am thinking :-)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs
The idea that there have been 9 pages to discuss what is -obviously- a lens abnormality (dirt, a scratch, whatever) is troubling, but also very telling.

Where is your imagination and open mind? Mysteries abound all around us, it does not have to be the mundane explanation!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by L.A.B
Let's be frank , if this has been stated metaphorically shoot me down... but if said spectacle was a solid object in space , it would be illuminated on the side facing the sun and clearly be visible. Also judging from the picture an object of that mass would be a more rounded body.

My two pence as it were.

But how do you know, maybe it is the return of Quetzalcoatl! Maybe the object is serpent shaped ship with jointed features so it can shape shift and sections can travel separate!
Maybe it is not solid but an energy ring a stargate..it is drawing energy from the sun so lites up on its own.

edit on 26-3-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

reply to post by sapien82

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sure fire him.
And fire the guy who messed up on the Hubble telescope too!

Thank you for your consideration.

edit on 3/26/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

But there was no unlikely problem with Hubble telescope. That was an excuse to go up there and add some secret thing to it...no fix a really dumb mistake.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

reply to post by zorgon

Most likely, so NASA doesn't know for sure... and this spaceship has been up there a very long time and this fiber just appears now.

No.
It's been there since first light.

OR been added to all the old ones so think it has.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Right. Never mind that it has been discussed for several years right here.

Rather than remove it from the current images, they went back through thousands of previous images and added it.
That makes loads of sense.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Right. Never mind that it has been discussed for several years right here.

Rather than remove it from the current images, they went back through thousands of previous images and added it.
That makes loads of sense.

But I am trying so hard to make sense!:-o

Anyway true thing...all the things that once were thought to be impossible were believed to be possible by some very open eyed open minded people who asked questions and did not just accept the usual answers an inevitably correct..

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb

-facepalm-

I'm picturing the NASA guys who built the craft reading this thread and I am truly embarrassed.

"Hey guys, when we finish putting together this SSD array that 99.999999% of people couldn't comprehend we should go for a few beers and read some more ATS posts for a really good laugh."

They know we're here.
The good thing is they are willing to answer questions. I've emailed the folks at secchi.nrl.navy.mil...
quite a few times about things posted here and always got answers. They are also aware that sometimes their answers are ignored when posted here. It's just not what most people want to hear. No space ships, no aliens. But they did promise to let me know if they ever saw one.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by Furbs
The idea that there have been 9 pages to discuss what is -obviously- a lens abnormality (dirt, a scratch, whatever) is troubling, but also very telling.

Where is your imagination and open mind? Mysteries abound all around us, it does not have to be the mundane explanation!

I concur. Mysteries abound. However, this is not one of them.

Keep an open mind, but don't let your common sense fall out.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl
No space ships, no aliens. But they did promise to let me know if they ever saw one.

And you believe them?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join