It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Reflective substance coming from vent(s) in the house.

page: 1
6

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Hope I'm posting this in the best place possible.

I have a black light in my bedroom and noticed a reflective substance coming from the vent and exiting (as should any fumes of any kind) the vent shaft to the outside of the house. After further examination I noticed this substance was reflective in black light and stuck to the walls of the house (and not just to the walls of the room I originally noticed this).

I'm wondering what the hell it is to be honest with you, and have done a little research into what it could be but have yet to find it. It seems to radiate around the house a bit andd stick as I had said, and the heater just was fixed recently so I do not necessarily believe it's coming directly from the heater motor itself.

The one thing I'm wondering is if it's possible that it could be a dielectric that is over exposing itself into the ducts (not much with heaters so forgive me for my lack of common sense here).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I wanted to add, it has seemed people have been more stuffy around the house, I especially have had some sinus problems and have been cleaning them frequently FYI
edit on 3/24/2012 by highlyoriginal because: addition




posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   



posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Start smoking the refer outside


Seriously though, I have no clue.

Good luck in your quest for the cause.
edit on 24-3-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I've noticed magnets seem to effect whatever this stuff is (I put one over a vent and noticed it move away from the magnet). I've been steaming the house frequently and it clears it up but I'm still wondering how much of whatever this is, has actually built up, where it's coming from, what it is, and if it's dangerous to be around in all honesty.



posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Vent your room now..!



posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Could it perhaps be mold spores? Paint chips? Metal filings? or anything naturally found in a home?



posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Why do you have a black light on?

I use to have one in highschool with those velvet posters and enhanced be something that should not be named.



posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson
 


I was thinking possibly some sort of metal myself although I'm unsure of how to detect it since it seems to be diamagnetic (if it's a metallic substance). I haven't checked for any sort of spores or mold, if you know of any good tips on checking for them without having someone actually come and check, please let me know. Otherwise I think it's time to actually pay someone to figure this out unfortunately.



posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
chemtrails leave sparky aluminum and other stuff in the air.
I saw it under high wattage lamps.



posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
On a serious note,dust particles will glow,amongst other things.

antoine.frostburg.edu...



posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Maybe drywall dust or pollen? A magnetic field effects the flow of dusts of many kinds.
edit on 24-3-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal
 


If it's mold, there are inexpensive test kits that will tell you if it is toxic.

Odd that it appears to be repelled by a magnetic field.



posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical
 


I know that seems odd to me as well; I guess it seems a bit odd I even checked but I thought some sort of metal at first myself, and noting that it did not attract to the magnet I found it to as you stated repell.

I will give the pollen/mold kits a look and see what I can do. I have already taken a metal toxicity test personally (just recently) after also getting a blood test done, so hopefully I'll figure out soon what the hell this stuff is.



posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies
 


After chemtrailing one day, It actually looked like it was raining glitter! A coworker went outside and tried to catch some on a piece of paper, but it wasn't visible on the paper.

Every time I went outside that day I sneezed constantly for about 30 minutes and my nose ran like crazy.

OP, does this stuff make you sneeze, make your nose run?



posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
If you have just had the motor serviced then the chances are that anything that was in or around the motor has been disturbed and is now being pushed out into your room.

@ the person who posted the smart dust video - That is just pure super crazy stuff.



posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Did they do anything to the duct work of your home? You said the heating was worked on. They use fiberglass insulation on the inside of the ducts that carry the heated/cooled air through out the house. You could be seeing loose particles.
edit on 25-3-2012 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I would tape a regular furnace air filter or some other type of filter media over your air conditioner register in your room to collect it. Once you have a decent sample, backwash the filter into a plastic tub or pail and dry it out and then collect it into a baggie for testing, or, bring to someone with a microscope.



posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
tinker9917, it seems to effect my sinuses a lot, but not make them runny, more so they tend to have been keeping my mucus caught up in my throat/sinus cavity (been using a sinus wash etc.).


Originally posted by DAVID64
Did they do anything to the duct work of your home? You said the heating was worked on. They use fiberglass insulation on the inside of the ducts that carry the heated/cooled air through out the house. You could be seeing loose particles.
edit on 25-3-2012 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)


There hasn't been any duct work done that I'm aware of, the only thing going on with the duct that bothered me a while ago was some wiring that was put in through the ducts themself (2 wires, pretty thick) - I was under the belief that having any wiring through the duct that wasn't specifically certified to be going through a heater would void a houses insurance. The only servicing that was done was to the actual motor itself (it was burnt out and was easily smelled throughout the upstairs).


Originally posted by wirefly
I would tape a regular furnace air filter or some other type of filter media over your air conditioner register in your room to collect it. Once you have a decent sample, backwash the filter into a plastic tub or pail and dry it out and then collect it into a baggie for testing, or, bring to someone with a microscope.


That's not a bad idea, I have an extra filter laying almost right in front of me right now, I'll have to give this a try (would make it easier to test as you mentioned). Thanks for the insight.



new topics

top topics



 
6

log in

join