<< 3  4  5   >>

join

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Originally posted by buddhasystem

He doesn't care what position you hold/held or who you know.

That's not what I find in my Bible. Most of the Old Testament describes how God goes postal on people who do things not to his liking. And when God decides to get gothic on you... Well.

Your reading into that too much.

No, I'm not reading the Bible too often. But when I do, and crack open the Old Testament, it's usually God who's getting up close and personal (and not in a nice way) with those who didn't pay attention to minute detail of His desires (which are not quite easy to guess, by the way).

Still think there are "secret codes" in message board posts? Come on take your lithium this time.

I have no idea what you are talking about. My post was about my impressions from reading the Bible, which seem to contradict your comments.

What about the pagans killing babies and children? Yeah they are innocent and christians are evil. Right.

But you don't read the Bible nor believe in it so whats your point?
So you ban dodged here again right?
I hope cheney lives to 129 or more.
I don't wish evil on anyone.
edit on 26-3-2012 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

What about the pagans killing babies and children? Yeah they are innocent and christians are evil. Right.

What about non-sequitur? Why pagans? Why are christians evil, did I say anything to that effect? You get your underwear in a knot with enthusiasm that could be better used elsewhere.

But you don't read the Bible nor believe in it so whats your point?

Wait I told you I do read the Bible, what is YOUR point?

So you ban dodged here again right?

Once I again I have no clue what you are talking about. But you could cut down on caffeine, methinks.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I hope he does well also at his age.. It has to be hard and waiting 20 months is about right for a transplant ive been waiting 22 months for a lung transplant that may or may not happen so he was very lucky man..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Surgarcookie, I hope you get one soon. I can't imagine what you are going through.

I knew someone who was ahead of Larry Hagman the actor for a liver transplant. True thery might not have been a match but he was way down on the list from what I understand. I have often wondered how many others were bypassed so he could get his. I am sure this situation is no different.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C
I'll go ahead and be the voice of dissent.

Does anyone have any... you know... evidence or reasonable suspicion that Cheney received his heart transplant 'because of his money?'

www.usatoday.com...

An aide to Cheney disclosed that the 71-year-old, who has had a long history of cardiovascular trouble including numerous heart attacks, had been waiting for a transplant for more than 20 months.

Further:

According to UNOS, 332 people over age 65 received a heart transplant last year. The majority of transplants occur in 50- to 64-year-olds.

So, really, all I'm seeing is a bunch of "I don't like Cheney" drivel.

You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.

Thanks for bringing reality and logic into this thread. Just thought it should be repeated. Furthermore, Cheney had his first heart attack when he was 37 or 38 and has been battling heart problems and 4 additional heart attacks ever since. I certainly hope that this transplant will help him. If successful, he could easily live another 15 to 20 years. He's fortunate to have already made it through 5 heart attacks and all of the related surgeries.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Unfortunately, more people apply to get transplants than can receive them, due to a shortage of available organs..nearly 1,600 people with CF have received lung transplants since 1991; this is about 120 to 150 people per year. The average wait is 2 years so my chances are slim plus they have to be a perfect match im waiting for a “cadaveric” lung transplant ..I sure many were passed over like in the case of Dick Cheney for a heart and many others on a waiting list for transplants lets face it money talks and social standing im only 39 and im so far down on the list it will be a miracle..
Thats why i stated in my post earlier that i hope he will be forever grateful for this lifesaving gift that not many have the privilege of receiving ..I'm doing fine life has been good to me i have nothing but hope and love in my heart..peace,sugarcookie1

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join