It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Power of Love.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

We need to qualify our terms, people.

There are different kinds of reality.

There is subjective reality, where the phenomenological exists, and needs not verification.

There is the intersubjective, where objects are classified and terms are agreed upon.

Then there is the objective, which is beyond our experience, yet we can intuit, and indirectly observe and collect data on.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
reply to post by unityemissions

So if we are to be in love, we are more in the flow with the beingness of the cosmos, per say, and less in maligned in it's absence.

This. And yet still, in this sense of the word it would mean we ARE that flow, that love, which means there is no separate thing called "love" for us to become. "Love" is just a concept, a word, and no concept or word can capture the totality of our "beingness". So in the end it is pointless to say "we must have more love". Can we be more 'us' than we already are?

I understand why people say things like this, and I am sure their intentions are good, but what I am afraid they don't see is that this line of thinking is only further solidifying the confusion, the division and thus the conflict amongst our species.

The confusion comes from Duality, creating the Me Syndrome. Once they realize Duality is an illusion, then Logic will prevail and with Logic, comes Love, for Love flows from Logic.

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

And yet this too, "Logic", is just a concept/idea/word, thus another aspect of the duality. I wonder if you get that?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

We need to qualify our terms, people.

There are different kinds of reality.

There is subjective reality, where the phenomenological exists, and needs not verification.

There is the intersubjective, where objects are classified and terms are agreed upon.

Then there is the objective, which is beyond our experience, yet we can intuit, and indirectly observe and collect data on.

You left off one:

Unrejective Reality

As to the others, you cannot verify that which doesn't exist and your subjective reality is an ILLUSION!

Intersubjective verifiability is the capacity of a concept to be readily and accurately communicated between different individuals ("intersubjectively"), and to be reproduced under varying circumstances for the purposes of verification.

Conceptual, as well as Perceptual, is an Illusion you've been programmed with to get you to buy into this Construct.

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

human emotion is irrational and not logical.

love is a human emotion; logic is inadequate to understand it.

i think such a thought bothers people...logic should logically be able to make sense of all things...including a human emotion.

when I read the OP discussing love, i immediately thought of its antithesis, Envy...another human emotion.

i was reading the newspapers and saw that the war was still going on...logic would suggest that a clear victor to the conflict should have been determined long ago. what war has ever lasted longer than the one being written about in the newsmedia? that the war continues is illogical.

my theory is that the war is driven by Envy...

that's why i like a thread like this...only Love, and irrational and illogical concept can defeat an irrational and illogical concept.

being outside the box makes people feel uncomfortable...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

Living life is much more enjoyable when one is able to control it's emotions and choose to love. Everyone only wants 'good things' happen to them and wants to suffer as less as possible they create a desire which causes them to suffer even more. It's the wanting which is so painfull, espcially the wanting of being special.

Because of this 'love' is good and 'hate' is bad. So in your mind you unconsciously create the allowing of 'bad' to exist. So now bad is real in your mind you are starting to hate it instead of loving it and not realizing that all the stuff that's going through your mind is just a selfmade illusion.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

This is circular reasoning, and illogical.

You keep making illogical statements, yet say logic is everything

It's common for feelers (refer:mbti) to think they're thinkers...

Illusion

Subjective reality isn't an illusion, it's exactly what is stated...subjective reality

...or I'll at least give you this much...if subjective reality is an illusion, then so is intersubjective reality. The only reality would be that which we can't accurately perceive (objective).

If you're okay with this, cool. I choose to think of it a little differently.

At some point this becomes a matter of semantics, unless you're speaking of delusions you've created...not sure!
edit on 24-3-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy

And yet this too, "Logic", is just a concept/idea/word, thus another aspect of the duality. I wonder if you get that?

Saying Logic is a Concept is like saying Time is a Concept.

You are born with Logic and during this thing called Life you expound upon the original Logic you were born with.

Logic is required to Learn and if Logic is a Concept, then Learning is as well, but Concepts are an Illusion, Logic & Time are kNot, sew Learning isn't either.

You cannot dew anything without Logic ........ ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

This is circular reasoning, and illogical.

You keep making illogical statements, yet say logic is everything

It's common for feelers (refer:mbti) to think they're thinkers...

Illusion

Subjective reality isn't an illusion, it's exactly what is stated...subjective reality

Subjective Reality in an ILLUSIONARY Werld is an ILLUSION!

You are living in a DREAM! WAKE UP!

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

That just doesn't make any sense, sorry.

I used to utter such things foolishly, but .... it doesn't get anyone anywhere.

It's just delusion.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Ribbit?

i've seen that before...someone who frequented a certain 'Nobody' thread used it often.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

i think such a thought bothers people...logic should logically be able to make sense of all things...including a human emotion.

First, there is no sPoon! There are NO HUMANS!

Emotions are programmed into you and Love is kNot an emotion, it is the truest sense of being there is, thus, it is part of Consciousness for Logic is also part of Consciousness and Love flows from Logic.

As to understanding Love, how can you understand that which comes from that which you don't understand? You think the Source of Love is Human Emotions, but that's kNot the Source.

Here's a Logics Question for you:

The following is true:

1 = Love

0 + 0 = 1

What does each 0 represent?

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

love is a derivative of logic?

okay then.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

Emotions are programmed into you and Love is kNot an emotion, it is the truest sense of being there is, thus, it is part of Consciousness for Logic is also part of Consciousness and Love flows from Logic.

As to understanding Love, how can you understand that which comes from that which you don't understand? You think the Source of Love is Human Emotions, but that's kNot the Source.

The following is true:

1 = Love

0 + 0 = 1

Ribbit

But what if:

1 = Hate

0 + 0 = 1

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Ribbit?

i've seen that before...someone who frequented a certain 'Nobody' thread used it often.

The Nobody thread on GLP.

I bet it's still kicking?

That was sew interesting how my friend got peeps to want to be Nobody in order to be sumone.

The gestapo methods of the GLP Mods got to me and I no longer play on there because of it and I will never return.

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baron01

The following is true:

1 = Love

0 + 0 = 1

Ribbit

But what if:

1 = Hate

0 + 0 = 1

Nice observation, I hadn't thought about the Hate Equation.

+1 + -1 = n0thing

That is the Hate Equation, fueled by Duality.

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

love is a derivative of logic?

okay then.

Think about it, Thought is the Source of Logic and thru Logic you Love and from there, Love guides Logic. They fold back onto one another, creating Infinity.

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

That just doesn't make any sense, sorry.

I used to utter such things foolishly, but .... it doesn't get anyone anywhere.

It's just delusion.

The Universe (God/Source) is the Greatest Contradiction possible and We mimic/mirror the Universe.

You've been programmed to reject contradictions, that's why it doesn't make sense.

Ribbit

edit on 24-3-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

The following is true:

1 = Love

0 + 0 = 1

Ribbit

But what if:

1 = Hate

0 + 0 = 1

+1 + -1 = n0thing

Ribbit

But now what if:

3= Anger

0 + 0 = 3

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

The following is true:

1 = Love

0 + 0 = 1

Ribbit

But what if:

1 = Hate

0 + 0 = 1

+1 + -1 = n0thing

Ribbit

But now what if:

3= Anger

0 + 0 = 3

Another keen observation.
I also haven't thought about the Angry Equation:

-1 + -1 = n0thing

Just as with the Hate Equation, the Ones are Sourced from Duality.

Ribbit

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join