It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Mars Images

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Just a small collection of images i thought were interesting

This one looks like a crashed Spaceship
notice the displaced sand/ground to left.

and what i thought was an dead alien body from the above image

Some Strange White Structures

thought this looked like a giant fossil

And Finally what i thought looked like a herd of cattle

Hope You Enjoyed

edit on 24-3-2012 by Speakerofthetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

edit on 24-3-2012 by sith9157 because: (no reason given)

Thanks for sharing....I think everyone will see what they think is something of significance. The herd of cattle looks very interesting though
edit on 24-3-2012 by sith9157 because: Mispelled word in post

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Mars is indeed a funky little planet with some pretty cool natural rock formations
Mars for some reason has the appeal to me as Red Rock Canyon does in Nevada. It just seems like an other wordly place to explore, one more so than the other

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Mars is full of life,whats interesting is they all seem to let each other be without any trouble.

I have seen thousands of pictures of Mars and nearly all of them contain something or someone.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Speakerofthetruth

Google Mars why dont you look here

www.uahirise.org...

Thats were you see some REAL hi res images 1300 + pages that should keep you busy

edit on 25-3-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
You see what you want to see I guess. It's like seeing a face in a cloud, doesn't mean the cloud really has a face haha. I personally see nothing at all in these pictures

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Speakerofthetruth

Um......is this some sort of "Rorschach Test" or something?:

This one looks like a crashed Spaceship notice the displaced sand/ground to left.

Regardless of what it (ahem) "looks like", it is a photo (and a rather poor resolution one, at that) of a huge crater.

The center is concave, not convex. It is a depression, a dip....in other words (again), a crater.....and not a "spaceship" rising above the surface.

Perhaps a bit les "creative thinking", and a bit more scientific knowledge and discernment, for this thread?

Last time I checked, it's the "Space Exploration" Forum.

Seeing things (as a type of pareidolia) is better discussed in a Psychology Forum, maybe?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Google pics? Wouldn't waste my time. The other poster is correct, visit the HiRise website and really begin to discover what they know. They may not tell you, but they don't always hide it either.

Here is a sample from one of my favourite MRO images: hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

We took a look a small sample (at the time we were looking for two things: ground symbols and horizontal views into camera-facing mountainside shadows - but that is another story...):

We zoom in and get an even better look at some real strange things:

Now, I won't bother explaining what is in the close-up view, other than to say that it shows various aspects of what seems to be a mining operation.

Take a long hard look at the stuff NASA publishes. You may or may not know what you are seeing. Even these sample pics can be interpreted as mere rocks and paredoilia. I'll let you make up your own mind.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Blister

You "zoom in" and, no....you don't get a "better look"....you are "zooming in" beyond the resolution capabilities of the original image.

They are pixels. It's like putting a photo from a magazine under a microscope.....you don't "enhance" the detail, the pixels break down!

....say that it shows various aspects of what seems to be a mining operation.

???

NO.....that's not even close. See above.

But, this is right on the head:

Even these sample pics can be interpreted as mere rocks and paredoilia.

Yup! Now you're getting it. Blow it up, or "zoom in" too far, and that blurred mess results in pareidolia.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
reply to post by Blister

You "zoom in" and, no....you don't get a "better look"....you are "zooming in" beyond the resolution capabilities of the original image.

They are pixels. It's like putting a photo from a magazine under a microscope.....you don't "enhance" the detail, the pixels break down!

....say that it shows various aspects of what seems to be a mining operation.

???

NO.....that's not even close. See above.

But, this is right on the head:

Even these sample pics can be interpreted as mere rocks and paredoilia.

Yup! Now you're getting it. Blow it up, or "zoom in" too far, and that blurred mess results in pareidolia.

I agree. The viewer will see what they want to see. Magnifying the original photo does pixelate the image and result in strange shapes and sometimes symbols. That is when you see whatever you see... there is no limit to what people may or may not see.

This does not, in my opinion, lessen the importance of studying the MRO (and Mars rover) pics to the highest extent possible. Certainly, image artifacts, and obfuscation caused by computer processing can mislead viewers. The idea of getting people to interpret what they are seeing is a not a new one. Archaeologists do it all the time. (I will often 'zoom' to aid viewing, rather than offer any definitive proof of intelligent life.)

For my above contribution, note that I never actually claimed the image shows a mining operation. I simply stated it "seems" to be a mining operation.
edit on 27-3-2012 by Blister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Blister

Sorry to much zoooooooommmmmm common fault by members on here as said above EVERY picture has a resolution limit go above that and you dont gain anything

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I like the crashed spaceship one. It is fascinating to consider a massive alien ship or past human civilization ship crashed on Mars. I understand it appears to be just a crater and probably is but I like when people post these.
Keep searching.

Star for fueling the desire for such a discovery to be true. If we don't look how will we see? I believe it is entirely possible for us to get to Mars in a big ship in the near future. So consider that they burnt some dude at the stake just in the year 1600 for simply saying he thought it likely there were aliens and that humans weren't the be all and end all of the Universe. What if someone such as the OP actually makes a breakthrough discovery lurking on Google and High Rez for clues? It is possible. Don't give up and keep searching.
It's posts like these that keep me checking in on this site, even though I have yet to see the BIG ONE. I'm still hoping too.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

The center is concave, not convex. It is a depression, a dip....in other words (again), a crater.....and not a "spaceship" rising above the surface.

Look again at the shadows with light coming from top right. You are wrong. Appears convex.

No reason to slam the OP for posting. He is observing Mars images. You don't have to subtly say the the post belongs in the psych forum. What a cocky thing to say.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Hi, yeah zooming ain't that good an idea. Howver having said that, even reputed experts do it as shown in this recent article about the strange Mars cloud www.space.com...

Have you looked at the original link of the MRO picture that I provided? It is not zoomed, yet the details I have sampled and magnified are just as visible.

The top left section of ESP_024361_1735.jpg is remarkable to anyone who looks at these images frequently. For example, look about 11cm right and 5cm down and you will/may see what look like two, or maybe even as many as four, large pipes that exit the side of the slope (their ends are over a small ravine which is in shade.) The pipes are peculiar as they look like pipes with light reflecting in a way that pipes reflect light.

Now, we cannot 100% say that 'these are pipes', or 'that is a piece of mining equipment', but we call them as we see them - with the necessary reservations. Sometimes that is and will be wrong. Get scientists on the martian ground and then we can study locations such as these in detail and begin to either confirm remote findings or deny them.

Studying the MRO pics is a mere starting point to such an endeavour.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Blister

Any chance you can download and circle the area you talk about on that picture.

Re your comment and link to the Mars cloud to zoom like that to show a cloud is different to zooming so far that pixels are showing and the edges of pixels are claimed to be walls, equipment etc that happens often on here.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Here is a smaller version of the original MRO picture:

The objects of interest appear in sub-section "B". I recommend you look at the original to verify that the sample is the same.

Here is the full resolution of sub-section"B":

Here is the annotated sub-section "B":

I will explain a little. You are looking at what is essentially a very steep mountain-side. Slope is greater than 50 degrees, vertical in places. Each annotation is placed directly to the right of the corresponding object. The lower three appear vertically aligned; the top one seems set to the right slightly. If you cannot see the "pipes" in question I will draw them for you.

B/2 and B/3 are highly representative of the theorised "pipe" scenario. Note that B/2 has a lower likelihood of a 100% match due to poor resolution. B/4 is a suspected "pipe", though there is debate over it's sub-structure through the terrain (it is very close the surface. This objection however, need not be a negating factor as possibly broken surface-lying objects with similarity, i.e. shallowness, have previously been imaged.) To claim that B/4 falls into the theorized "pipe" desciption cannot be confidently made. What brings it into question and close examination is its symmetry with B/2 and B/3.

The most difficult object to comment upon is B/1. The reason for this is that the object in question appears to be obstructed from vision by what we assume is a rock or other object. What is hypothesized is that (1) B/1 maybe a "pipe", and (2) may be emmitting gas, fumes or vapour. Neither may be true. It may (as may all objects in question), be natural formations - rocks.

If ATS viewers cannot see the objects in question then that is fine...
edit on 28-3-2012 by Blister because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2012 by Blister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Blister

Sunlight seems to be at a steep angle I would say imo that they are outcrops of rock that sunlight is shining on.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I can't believe nobody's posted a picture of Inca City yet. Bah, buncha rookies

For those of you who aren't familiar with it, this is a peculiar formation near the southern pole. I'm not entirely convinced this wasn't the work of something intelligent, but considering scale, it could be just a really wonky likeness coincidence.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
This is near Inca City, I almost forgot about it. It reminds me of a giant golden beak, or dome, depending on how I look at it. The striking golden appearance caught my eye, considering the coloring of the surrounding landscape. It sticks out like a sore thumb.

Man, if that really is a huge gold deposit, the Annunaki have been looking in the wrong flippin' place for it

top topics

join