It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people listen to this guy again?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by strangedays

I see this argument from some people. I do see him touting his success. But you know what? Its not in a way thats pride filled. He just states the numbers, has the guests, and the rest does itself. After he makes a statement about his success, he follows it up with thanking the audience for it, thanking God for it, and tries to tell others how to do it and that hes not special. So yes he does do it, but almost in a way it has to be said. Plus critics keep him in line I guess and keep him from getting too big a head.

Not to mention the fact that hes not telling BS when he says it. Hes got the numbers and success to prove the statements he makes lol.

He hasnt even seen the peak of it yet. Watch the next year, hes going to be busy as anything. Im excited about all the new guests he has been getting too. I saw Billy Corrigan asked to do an interview out of the blue last week, and he had been a listener for years. Im looking forward to Rosanne Barr coming back and doing another one.

EDIT: I guess Rosanne Barr, Immortal Technique, Ed Asner, Billy Corrigan, Dave Mustane, Prodigy, Lenny Dykstra, Krs One, Brad Meltzer, and all the other celebs are just schizophrenic or weak minded because they still listen LOL. Thats not even getting into the doctors, scientists, and engineers, just the TV celebs. Your argument sucks lol and it seems like you are butthurt by his success.
edit on 25-3-2012 by strangedays because: (no reason given)

Well first off Id say just because these people are on Jones show doesnt mean that they are fans....AJ was on the View but do you think he thinks those ladies are great journalists. In fact his answer might be something like "the ladies of the views are crypto-neo facists who believe in pseduo-classical aristocracy controlled by the powers that be using the false right left paradigm" (if you havent noticed AJ likes to use a lot of prefixes). They just happen to be in the same topic realm as jones. I mean what are they gunna go on CNN and talk about 9/11 truth? As for the guests themselves Rosanne yes shes really seriously qualified to speak on these topics after her career as "Rosanne" and then tropical nut farmer. His other guests arent really that great either....Gerald Selente has been saying that there will be a bank holiday and economic martial law for years and he is AJ's go to guy.

As for him not being pride filled....really? He can add whatever little things afterwards he wants. I dont hear him thank others all the time, but even when he does its after minutes of self indulgence. Just listen to his inflection when he talks.....he goes on his rant about how he has conservatively some absurd amount of listeners (and I'll have to trust you that the numbers are out there, as everything AJ has said to look up that I've actually found doesnt say what he says it does or its just an info wars article) and how he is the biggest name anywhere.....followed by a begrudging nod to everyone else. Do you really think AJ doesnt think he is special....the man is all about self promotion.

And as I said before I'd say Jones is lucky if he is 30% accurate with the figures he states or the articles he quotes. Its usually something wholly exaggerated to show people he is right. I mean right now there is a squad car on my street, but if I wanted to reported Jones style I would say "Breaking INFOWARS RED ALERT!!!!! 30 squad cars with SWAT back up and riot gear reported in American Suburbs....this is it people full on tyranny". The man is an absolute charlatan.

And why would I be "butt-hurt" as you so eloquently put it. I'm not trying to be a radio personality....his success has no effect on me and he was on the radio long before I had even heard of him. I suppose I would be butt hurt if my chosen profession was screaming fear-monger, purveyor of the ultimate tabloid, salesmen of shoddy survival gear, or professional Michelle Malkin stalker. I was gunna say your argument sucks but then you mention "Rosanne" and some burnt out rockers and i realized i was wrong
edit on 25-3-2012 by onfire49 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by onfire49

Well first off Id say just because these people are on Jones show doesnt mean that they are fans....AJ was on the View but do you think he thinks those ladies are great journalists. In fact his answer might be something like "the ladies of the views are crypto-neo facists who believe in pseduo-classical aristocracy controlled by the powers that be using the false right left paradigm" (if you havent noticed AJ likes to use a lot of prefixes). They just happen to be in the same topic realm as jones. I mean what are they gunna go on CNN and talk about 9/11 truth? As for the guests themselves Rosanne yes shes really seriously qualified to speak on these topics after her career as "Rosanne" and then tropical nut farmer. His other guests arent really that great either....Gerald Selente has been saying that there will be a bank holiday and economic martial law for years and he is AJ's go to guy.

As for him not being pride filled....really? He can add whatever little things afterwards he wants. I dont hear him thank others all the time, but even when he does its after minutes of self indulgence. Just listen to his inflection when he talks.....he goes on his rant about how he has conservatively some absurd amount of listeners (and I'll have to trust you that the numbers are out there, as everything AJ has said to look up that I've actually found doesnt say what he says it does or its just an info wars article) and how he is the biggest name anywhere.....followed by a begrudging nod to everyone else. Do you really think AJ doesnt think he is special....the man is all about self promotion.

And as I said before I'd say Jones is lucky if he is 30% accurate with the figures he states or the articles he quotes. Its usually something wholly exaggerated to show people he is right. I mean right now there is a squad car on my street, but if I wanted to reported Jones style I would say "Breaking INFOWARS RED ALERT!!!!! 30 squad cars with SWAT back up and riot gear reported in American Suburbs....this is it people full on tyranny". The man is an absolute charlatan.

And why would I be "butt-hurt" as you so eloquently put it. I'm not trying to be a radio personality....his success has no effect on me and he was on the radio long before I had even heard of him. I suppose I would be butt hurt if my chosen profession was screaming fear-monger, purveyor of the ultimate tabloid, salesmen of shoddy survival gear, or professional Michelle Malkin stalker. I was gunna say your argument sucks but then you mention "Rosanne" and some burnt out rockers and i realized i was wrong
edit on 25-3-2012 by onfire49 because: (no reason given)

Thats the thing. We are not talking about the credibility of the guests. Thats not a point to argue because its not really relevant to the argument. And Metzler would be the only one listed that would maybe be critical of his position like The View, and even then hes ok with AJ now.

The pride thing I can almost go with you on, but hes just experiencing what its like to be bombarded with success. You are always going to have critics when you are on top.

It seems like you get pretty involved with discussions on AJ for hating on the guy so much. Im not defending the guy, he can do that himself. Its just seems you have dedicated a lot of time and thought to him for someone who doesnt like the guy lol. It bothers you enough that you argue side facts that no one mentions in the first place lol. Thats the problem with the internet, everyone has a voice (not that its a bad thing). Your opinions may hold more if you were someone who carried more merit. Thats all im saying.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by strangedays

I am assuming your talking about Brad Meltzer in the begging and I have no idea what he has to do with this...so talk about throwing in random facts. I am on topic with all I said in this thread....the question is how do people still listen to AJ

As for me attacking Jones, yep I do it alot. Simply because to me he is part of the reason that people dont take any conspiracy theorist seriously in the main stream. Its like 90% of the stuff on this site, absolute crazy delusional rantings. There are a few good threads every once in a while but the majority is stuff that brings a whole new level to the tinfoil hat brigade. So therefore when I do go on and comment on here, its about tangible things and people not random conspiracies people dream up based on one cartoon they saw. I mean seriously have you ever looked at all the threads claiming "this is proof of new world orders plan to do X....Family Guy had X on their show". I am afraid all I can agree with you on is its great we have freedom of speech

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by onfire49
reply to post by type0civ

AJ on Coast to Coast is tame compared to his radio show.....if he was just a guest on shows I dont think people would hate him. On his show every few minutes he tells you how you are being injected with cancer, the TSA will be at your house soon to put you in camps, and the UN will soon have control of the US and when they do they will rape little kids. I have to imagine that would scare any children that listen.

I'm not a "listener" to his show but I've heard it and I think his message carries some weight. But I do think your summary is a bit dramatic and I don't let mt children listen to him.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Why do people listen to him?

It’s the same reason a rock fan listens to AC/DC or a fan of comedy will go watch Chris Rock or Frankie Boyle and a sports fan will watch football... its all about entertainment. Alex Jones is a entertainer, he entertains the conspiracy theorists by entertaining their deluded believes to give them what they want.

I don’t doubt that Alex is a very clever man, he clearly has quite a shroud business head on his shoulders, just look at the commercial side of his online conspiracy empire. He must also be knowledgeable to some extent of the world around him and have a very keen grasp of what his audience want in order to deliver to them his own brand of entertainment. In fact i would say that he is so clever even he knows that everything he says is utter rubbish but at the same time knows to admit this aloud or to break from the paranoid persona his fans know will only lose him money and reputation and as such he will never admit to being just a simple entertainer.

The real problem comes when people start to actually believe in his entertainment, it’s a bit like seeing the harry potter movies and actually believe Hogwarts or say FEMA camps actually exist.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by type0civ

Haha thats ok I just wish I was being dramatic. Those are just some of his catch phrases when he gets worked up

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join