It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunspot AR1429 Still Active, And May Be Coming Back For Another Round.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Well this sunspot has already put on quite a show for us this month. It's looking like it may be back for another round at the end of next week. It's most recent eruption is on it's way to the STEREO B spacecraft but no inner planets will be effected.

www.spaceweather.com...

Big sunspot AR1429, the source of so many strong flares and geomagnetic storms earlier this month, is still erupting.

Since March began, sunspot AR1429 has propelled CMEs into every corner of the solar system, stirring up stormy space weather around every planet and spacecraft. If the sunspot remains active for another week or so, it will turn back toward Earth for a new round of geoeffective eruptions. Stay tuned.

Link to animation of most recent eruption. www.spaceweather.com...

Well, for now we will just have to wait and see what this thing does. My gut feeling is that we will be discussing this sunspot again in the weeks to come.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I got a good look at this sunspot through my telescope earlier this month. Was very noticable. Thanks for the update

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I wish I had a telescope... bet it's cool looking.

Is that the sun spot that is 7 times bigger than the Earth?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

It was getting close to that size. I'm not sure if the size has increased or decreased. I'm going to dig around and see if I can find any information on that.

top topics

join