It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Is George Zimmerman and What About the Police?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by dragonridr

Originally posted by Annee

basically you guys are trying to make it out like the police are incompetent.

Not incompetent.

Intentionally complacent.

Have proof other then your expert opinion.

Do you have proof other then your non-expert opinion?

Lead Homicide Detective Wanted Zimmerman Charged With Manslaughter From the Beginning

By MATT GUTMAN - March 27, 2012

The lead homicide investigator in the shooting of unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin recommended that neighborhood watch captain George Zimmerman be charged with manslaughter the night of the shooting.

Serino filed an affidavit on Feb. 26, the night that Martin was shot and killed by Zimmerman, that stated he was unconvinced Zimmerman's version of events. abcnews.go.com...

So you just disproved your own belief didnt you apparently the police wanted to prosecute him.But you have been arguing they purposefully ignored the facts and let zimmerman go which is it? As I stated several times its not the police departments decision its the DA who decides. And he decides based on the information if he can get a conviction. So i hope your willing to apologize to the police department now accusing them of racism like you did.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I heard complaints about this police dept from callers to the Talk Radio show I was listening to - - a week before this story showed up on ATS.

That's how I knew there were many complaints that had nothing to do with this case. And now its coming out.

DOJ to investigate entire Sanford PD

Posted: 5:49 a.m. Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Trayvon Martin case is bringing more scrutiny on the Sanford Police Department. The Department of Justice will now investigate all cases handled by the police department, after receiving complaints from Sanford citizens.

City Manager Norton Bonaparte announced the new investigation Tuesday afternoon after receiving numerous complaints about the way officers handled other cases.

He said that so many people complained at Monday night's city commission meeting about Sanford officers, the city asked the Department of Justice to step in. www.wtov9.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

edit on 28-3-2012 by V4SL4ND because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
edit on 28-3-2012 by V4SL4ND because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

So you just disproved your own belief didnt you apparently the police wanted to prosecute him.

A police. As in ONE. But it didn't happen - did it.

Nice try.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

so it was only the lead detective, that wanted to pursure manslaughter charges?

can a Floridan even be charged with manslaughter under the "stand your ground law"?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker808
reply to post by Annee

so it was only the lead detective, that wanted to pursure manslaughter charges?

can a Floridan even be charged with manslaughter under the "stand your ground law"?

Yes - - only the lead detective.

Zimmerman's own lawyer said he did not qualify for the "Stand Your Ground" law. That's why they are going for Defense.

The way I see it - - Zimmerman created the situation resulting in a death. Just like if you were an aggressive reckless driver who's actions resulted in someone's death. Your actions created the event - - that took a life.

Some here keep saying it is not illegal to follow someone and confront them. Its not illegal to drive a car either - - - its HOW you drive the car. And if HOW you drove that car created a situation that resulted in death - - - that's different then just driving a car.

That would be an accidental or involuntary death - - because of your own actions. Defense if proven - - could lessen the crime - - but I don't think it will get Zimmerman off completely.

The only one I can see using - - Stand Your Ground is Tayvon Martin.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join