It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Private jets, 13 mansions and a $100,000 mobile home just for the dogs: Televangelists 'defrauded t

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Private jets, 13 mansions and a $100,000 mobile home just for the dogs: Televangelists 'defrauded tens of million of dollars from Christian network'

www.dailymail.co.uk

Televangelists Paul and Jan Crouch, is accused of misappropriating its 'charitable assets' toward a $50 million jet, 13 mansions and a $100,000-mobile home for Mrs Crouch's dogs.

Their granddaughter, Brittany Koper, 26, recently filed her allegations in court after a brief appointment as the network's chief finance director in July.

Her lawsuit follows a second by another former employee and Koper in-law, Joseph McVeigh, the uncle of Mrs Koper's husband, Michael Koper, who detailed the opulenc.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on March 24th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: Please use the actual headline of the article!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
"If Jesus saves..
Well, He'd better save Himself
From the gory glory seekers
Who use His name in death"
..."Hymn 43" ~Ian Anderson, Jethro Tull

Most do not know that Jim and Tammy Bakker began TBN - and were fired by the Crouch's - who had been "Youth Leaders" for Pat Robertson's "Christian Broadcasting Network". Jim Bakker went on to form the infamous "PTL Club" and in 1989 was sentenced to 45 years for Mail and Wire Fraud; serving almost 5.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 24-3-2012 by PulsusMeusGallo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
this is more common that we can even begin to guess I bet. JEsus will deal with them appropriately I'm sure.....I know a guy who attends a church where the pastor has a jet. He claims the guy needs it to properly evangelize. I say if hoofing it around is good enough for the son of God it's good enough for the pastor of any lame old church.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Well Jesus didn't say if you convinced a person to give you money while they expected nothing in return apart from extra love from god - thats totally cool.

Televangelists taking money?

Im not even the TINIEST bit surprised

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by natters
this is more common that we can even begin to guess I bet. JEsus will deal with them appropriately I'm sure.....I know a guy who attends a church where the pastor has a jet. He claims the guy needs it to properly evangelize. I say if hoofing it around is good enough for the son of God it's good enough for the pastor of any lame old church.

What did jesus say about the rich man and the poor man?
See this is why orthodox monks vow poverty. Power and money corrupts. Period.
Wealth can be toxic to the soul.

We'll at least they are not sacrificing human beings,raping children and drinking blood.

CX

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
A man wrote a song about this once....won't be the first incidence of this and definitely won't be the last.

CX.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Google Joel Osteen, Pat Robertson, Creflo Dollar, Benny Hinn, and so many more. They all live like kings and queens off the back of the working and poor. And they are all disgusting excuses for human beings. On top of that, check out my thread here if you really want to get an idea of what these people get away with.

If the Crouches go down, it'll be nothing more than a token sacrifice to appease the people. The government is heavily involved in the trillions that get poured into churches throughout the world.
edit on 3/24/2012 by Klassified because: reword

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Didn't this already happen? I could swear it happened several years ago/

That hair lady scares me.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
mY WIFE WAS A MEMBER of the adventist conference church some how or another she was brainwashed in to give our money savings to the church and also she receive a letter asking for the FULL DONATION OF HER 401 K!!!!.........FOR THE SAME CHRISTIAN ORGANIZATION,......I said this is INSANE!!!....WE HAD A BIG PROBLEM FOR THIS and this help me to stop ,and analize the situation into this cults,that just want to find a way to squezze your tides,donations and in some instances founding new loopholes to convence you to give them your familys moneys IN EXCHANGE OF SALVATION!!!....TOTALLY ABSURD!!.....the christian business JESUS STARTED IN A DONKEYS BACK!!!......

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Originally posted by natters

What did jesus say about the rich man and the poor man?
See this is why orthodox monks vow poverty. Power and money corrupts. Period.
Wealth can be toxic to the soul.

We'll at least they are not sacrificing human beings,raping children and drinking blood.

As far as we know but I would not put anything past a scumbag that uses Gods name in vane . They are just the tip of the ice berg , the catholic church has been doing it for centuries and everyone of these scumbags will have to answer to God because judgement begins at the pulpit with a double dose .

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
this will keep happening in the future, because religous people don't care what happens to their donated money. if they did they would insist on an accounting of the money spent and some third party to verify the accounting.

edit on 24-3-2012 by jimmyx because: spelling

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
suicidal tendencies sum these dogs up with their song SEND ME YOUR MONEY and its all so true....oh yeah iron maidens holy smoke worth a listen

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyeinoz
suicidal tendencies sum these dogs up with their song SEND ME YOUR MONEY and its all so true....oh yeah iron maidens holy smoke worth a listen

I once wanted to market rolling papers that were made from Bible pages. I was going to call them HOLY SMOKES.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
You know a few rich fat cats who use God as a tool to bring themselves riches give the rest of us bad names. What these are doing is not people are not Christ-like in any way.

My church feeds over 250-300 families a week with a food pantry and provides casseroles for St. Patrick's Center in St. Louis to help feed the homeless, has monthly blood drives, church families and groups participate in our adopt-a-family program (c.550 families) to give them a decent Christmas just to name a few of their ministries. You want to throw the good in the toilet bowl with evil people go ahead.

Matthew 5:11-12

“Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Actually, thank you.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It is all about.................

Service to Self

or

Service to Others

We all have a choice!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
A man wrote a song about this once....won't be the first incidence of this and definitely won't be the last.

CX.

"Do you see the face on the TV screen
coming at you every Sunday
see that face on the billboard
that man is me

On the cover of the magazine
there's no question why I'm smiling
you buy a piece of paradise
you buy a piece of me

I'll get you everything you wanted
I'll get you everything you need
don't need to believe in hereafter
just believe in me

Cos Jesus he knows me
and he knows I'm right
I've been talking to Jesus all my life
oh yes he knos me
and he knos I'm right
and he's been telling me
everything is alright

Won't find me practising what I'm preaching
won't find me making no sacrifice
but I can get you a pocketful of miracles
if you promise to be good, try to be nice
God will take good care of you
just do as I say, don't do as I do

I'm counting my blessings,
I've found true happiness
cos I'm getting richer, day by day
you can find me in the phone book,
just call my toll free number
you can do it anyway you want
just do it right away

There'll be no doubt in your mind
you'll believe everything I'm saying
if wanna get closer to him
get on your knees and start paying

Cos Jesus he knows me
and he knows I'm right
I've been talking to Jesus all my life
oh yes he knos me
and he knos I'm right
and he's been telling me
everything is alright"

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Been down this road before: PTL, Jimmy Swaggart, Oral Roberts threatening suicide if he didn't get $20 Million in donations....Jessica Hahn, John Ankerberg etc etc.
Hard to believe people still send money to phony preachers like this. I mean good God! how much makeup can one woman cake on her face? She looks ridiculous!
I know what real Christians are like because my parents have lived their entire lives that way.

Death will sort us all out in the end.
Thank God!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

Didn't this already happen? I could swear it happened several years ago

I had the same feeling. Deja vu? I had to search but didn't find anything. I'll look further.

All I have to say to this is: YES! YES! YES!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
And then some people dare to ask me why I do not support organized religion and neither churches of any kind, well people there you have it, I refuse to give away my hard earned money to fake greedy monkeys so they can live their life of corruption in the name of a higher being

God and Jesus do not need money, they do not need your money, just the greedy bastards preaching in their names do.

Want to help the poor and needy? well go buy some groceries and tend to their needs yourselves.

Churches in America are just another corporate entity full of corruption
edit on 25-3-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
What would Jesus think of this? LOL

Mark 11:15-19

15 And they came to Jerusalem. And he entered the temple and began to drive out those who sold and those who bought in the temple, and he overturned the tables of the money-changers and the seats of those who sold pigeons. 16 And he would not allow anyone to carry anything through the temple. 17 And he was teaching them and saying to them, “Is it not written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer for all the nations’? But you have made it a den of robbers.” 18 And the chief priests and the scribes heard it and were seeking a way to destroy him, for they feared him, because all the crowd was astonished at his teaching. 19 And when evening came they[a] went out of the city.

<<   2 >>

join