It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A chance to rebuild muscle for survival and every day (advise sought)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I never use this site to advertise what I specialize in ( and no I do not sell anything ).

But here goes....

(1) I am a mortician by trade. I specialize in morbid obesity cases.

(2) Frustrated at the lack of exercise options for people of size. I developed Vibration Therapy machines that can take over 300kg and not lose power.

(3) In doing so we created machines powerful enough to build muscle, hence creating the worlds first proper training machines for the average person.

If done properly it can be a very effective way of getting your body strong, muscle and bone. But NOT cardio.

Please note: It is useless for body builders. It only build high quality, tightly packed muscle. ( if you have ever handled a primate, you will understand what this feels like )

I am 44 and on year 6 of a 10 year case study on its long term effects.

Read this to understand that the whole process is more natural than it sounds...

www.vibration-training-advice.com...

And this is my program ( advanced, but you could do most of the IVTRB "safety workout" while recovering. ...

www.youtube.com...

Please note again. I do NOT sell machines. I will give you advice.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I'm a fitness guru and I've been doing it for close to 20 years so I know a thing or two.

My suggestion having coming off the injuries you've sustained is to start slow and build from there. Easiest thing for you to do is get you some different size hand held weights or kettle bells. With these you can practically work every muscle group with a little resistance. Push ups and squats are two well rounded exercises that work a number of muscle groups.

As far as food and supplements go. You really need to concentrate on getting as protein as possible. Since you can't eat solid foods yet I would suggest getting a good whey protein powder. I wouldn't go with a weight gainer slimply because it's loaded with sugar and calories and since you won't be doing heavy resistance training, it will just make you fat. Casein protein powder is also very good and it releases protein slowly so it's good to drink before bed. This may sound crazy but baby food would also be a good way to go. It's loaded with vitamins and minerals and easy to consume. I would recommend getting some creatine and HMB. These two combined will stop muscle lose and aid in gaining back muscle you have lost. Another good idea would be to get a testosterone booster, especially with your age and the injury sustained, it is most likely low. There are many good ones available that will boost your T levels naturally so no need for anything synthetic.

Good luck I hope this helps, if you have any questions feel free to message me.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Envision where you want to be physically in the future. Make that vision stick in your mind and make a vow to yourself. Don't believe modern medicine, for it isn't modern.

This will undoubtedly speed up your recovery process.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
theres one way that if you havent looked into yet, light excercise with lots of hypertension, just flex for a sustained period of time every single day after your workout, its pretty strenuous so at first you can start 5 or 10 mins but it builds definition and helps you to expand on the workout you previously did, sort of the same principle as burnout at the end except your not pushing yourself to an excessive level. try and flex EVERY muscle in the area you worked out. another way is the tai-chi style of resistance workouts, find forms to follow, (you can find them all over the internet) or you can simply even just punch into the air or make the same sustained movement over and over but the principle is to pretend there is wall or another person pushing very hard opposite of the movement you are making, with practice this skill can be maintained for 30 minutes to an hour doing various aerobics and kickboxing/judo/kempo whatever you like and it will give you a serious boost to strength and endurance but IMHO this is the easiest way to rebuild yourself (and the gentlest) to actually get a work out and progress without doing anything that is going to take a few steps back. good luck!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Wow so much to think about. It could take several days to go threw it all enough to write down a daily plan and menu. To make matters worse I am in the process of moving, Insult to injury

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by angryamerican

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
u ever heard of those machines that twitch you muscles for u using electricity, just a thought.

Thanks for the advise But I do not believe in short cuts. I can do the work just not sure what to do any more never been in this situation. The food Is what I am having a real hard time with. I can eat things like elbow noodles if I mash them up I try to get creative. I need things that are soft can be mashed yet still high calorie.

butter, buttered noodels, butter popcorn butter is very high in calories and will give u the energy u need to do what u can

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

There ya go doc I do tend to be a little of a butter fanatic. I gave you a star for that one. I would star your signature to if I could. It is one of the truest I have ever seen.

edit on 25-3-2012 by angryamerican because: made it clearer

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
You can eat all the butter you want but you're going to get fat. I don't touch the stuff much and I'm always working out.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Well we each have our weakness mine is butter. I cant see haveing a nice bowl of fresh steamed veggies with out butter and a dash of sea salt. I have always been that way. I know it does have to be balanced that kind of goes with out saying. But every thing in life does. Too much of one thing or to little either does damage or does nothing. By the way I will be U2U'ing you after my appointment in April to get more advise if your game. I like the advise you already gave and gave you a star for it.

edit on 25-3-2012 by angryamerican because: spelling

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by angryamerican

People in America will ridicule me but their loss.

Here is what you do. Go to your doc and get your Testosterone levels checked. Above 30 years old and test is lower and lower each year. so muscle building is far harder.

Ask for TRT = "Testosterone replacement therapy". In the UK you can get it at around 100 mils a week. The human body produces arond 70 mils a week as a late teen so its a start.

You will feel younger and retain muscle better, you will feel good and from there start a weight training program geared towards strengthening your muscles and tendons. Your doc will inject you once a week.

Do some research on Testosterone Enanthate which is shorten to Test E and look at the half life and what it does and time your work out each day. Eat 5 -7 small meals per day comprising around 30 grams of protein per meal to supply your muscles with the abilities to rebuild. Test allows for the muscle to use protein far more efficiently for build it.

I know in America you have all been brainwashed into think Steroids are WRONG and dangerous but that is because most people there listen to their government. It used to be freely available in the 50's mainly in tablet form but then the government couldn't make money off it so they restricted it. Used properly it is an amazing "drug" that gives men back there youthful feeling and healing abilities.

While on test you will hold muscle better and it wont waste away.

I would also invest in some serious self defense classes, Krav Maga is one that I used to do for a number of years. It builds fitness and is easyish to learn in a short space of time. It will build your confidence too, which you sound like you need right now.

I have not really explained this too well as I am on the fly right now but you get the jist. I have used Test for years in cycles. Not TRT though.

Do some TRT research.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

It sounds like, in your current condition, there is not much of a good way to pack back on the mass. It will be fairly easy to regain the 70lbs you lost, but only with high calorie, high protein diet. You'll have to endure those drinks you hate. We all hate them, but unless you can eat a bunch of tuna, chicken, and egg whites, your only other solution is the protein drinks. Muscle Milk isn't too bad, and the new Body by Vi stuff is pretty good too! Add Peanut Butter and it helps get rid of that nasty bitterness.

So, you need a good 100g or Protein every day if you want to pack the muscle back on.

You will also have to do resistance training. Walking and/or Aerobic exercise just doesn't build muscle. I don't know how your joints and things feel, or how good your coordination is, but you will have to do some type of resistance training to build muscle mass, there is no easy way out. Use the machine cables for lighter and easier to control weights.

Sorry buddy. Do what you can for now, and slowly work up. Hell, if you think the bugs are better than the protein drinks, blend up and eat the bugs, LOL! Egg Whites can be scrambled and made to a consistency you should be able to handle. Gotta just jump back on the horse, or whatever it was that kicked you and got you down. No way around it. Don't get hooked on the pain train of prescription drugs, just pop about 4 ibuprofen, wait 30 minutes, and then do as much as you can handle, and make it your goal to do a little bit more tomorrow than what you did today.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I highly recommend The Egoscue Method for your recovery.

If you are strong enough move onto Patch Fitness

This is used by athletes to recover from injury and maintain functionality.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
You can eat all the butter you want but you're going to get fat. I don't touch the stuff much and I'm always working out.

that's true if ur eating more butter calories than u r working out, but if u need straight energy butter is the way to go, scientists that r camping in freezing conditions(Antarctica) can eat strait butter and still lose weight, cause in order to keep warm the body burn through the butter faster than one can safely digest it

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Cardio ,running walking as your body allows is a must,then I'd say one of the machines Norris and Brinkley advertises...Total Gym... you do not want free weights since that will put exertion strain on your face w blood pressure...a nd take it slow at first

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Not prying but it sounds like you got the crap beat out of you ..Krav Maga or Tae Keon Do is exercise too...jmo

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bullypulpit

I will say this much you are right but how and why is personal and not something I want drug into a public forums. It started with a sucker punch while my attention was taken else ware, and I don't know what happen after that. and that's all I'm saying about that.

edit on 25-3-2012 by angryamerican because: stupid spelling

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

Originally posted by chrismicha77

that's true if ur eating more butter calories than u r working out, but if u need straight energy butter is the way to go, scientists that r camping in freezing conditions(Antarctica) can eat strait butter and still lose weight, cause in order to keep warm the body burn through the butter faster than one can safely digest it

As long as it's real butter and not margarine. Real butter is good in moderation.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
It sounds like you must have been in good shape before the incident, 70 lbs. is a considerable amount of mass to lose. My suggestion would be to start with pushups and running to reaclimate your body towards conditioning. Unfortunately, since hitting 36 or 37 years of age, I have had a really difficult time holding muscle mass, but I feel like I can build twice as fast as I could as a teenager. Starting with pushups and running will help to spike your energy, and it will be easy to add weights and heavy bag in a short time. I am unconventional in my praise of milk as a perfect food, but it sounds like it might be perfect for your current dietary constraints- not to mention, if you are losing muscle rapidly, you need the calcium. Good luck on your recovery.

After my accident, I was told that it would take seven days of training to recover from each day of bed rest. I think that was a crock, but save yourself some time and start easing back into training now!
edit on 25-3-2012 by onthedownlow because: additional information

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

eat some good proteins and carbs, meat and potatoes
how close to Mexico do you live?

eating good portions of the right food and hitting Gym like you life depends on it is the key.
If you can navigate ATS you can find the right info you need to get the success you want

I honestly think your build you had prior to the accident is genetic and with some time and work it will come back.
edit on 26-3-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

I live very far from Mexico. Your right about my build tho never had to worry about it much before. It was just always there. To lose it in this way tho and to be my age I don't feel as if Genetics or not it will come back on its own. I do Google a lot but I trust ATS more then Google, so I come here as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join