Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Just lie to your child, tell em' it was "Just A Dream"

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
What's good. Just some personal thoughts and connecting the dots..

When I think of my stories of the paranormal, or my actual personal experiances with other worldy beings, I usually think of my dreams. Some of my dreams are reacurring, having the same characters in them. And when I think about these other reality visions, I want to believe them as true. Because the more I read up on this world and the way life works, to me, it seems nothing less than magic. So when I saw a being standing next to my bed, I don't want to think its just a figment of my imagination.

If an alien enters your dream, is this being still an alien. It looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, so it must be a duck, right? But is it still a duck if its only just a dream.

What are dreams anyways? Since dreaming, and sleeping have to do with the pineal gland, could this tiny part of your brain really be the seat of the soul? And the dreams, aren't just dreams, but other realities that we can see through this said "third eye?" Are these visions we are having in the middle of the night, just a figment of our imaginations?

(Imagination: also called the faculty of imagining, is the ability of forming images and sensations when they are not perceived through sight, hearing, or other senses.) Wait, your imagination is not one of your known senses, but is made outta senses with only using your brain, not your nose, mouth, or ears? So maybe its your 6th sense. We've all heard about the 6th sense, that movie became one of my favorites.

So, the pineal gland, and our imagination, are at their peaks when we are children and first born. And humans also get a little looney when they get old and die, so maybe it has something to do with the soul. Maybe these thoughts, and images we are seeing inside our head are literal, and true.

Every day people hear voices in their heads, dreams and predictions sometimes come true, and today with new technology images from the thinking process can now be interupted into pictures and video.

Does this not sound like a literal window into a different reality? We now know these images we see at night, these "brain waves" can now be mapped and interupted. I mean people say the eyes are not the ones doing the "seeing" its is the brain, because the brain has to interupt it. So, since we now have the brain waves pictured, what if one day in the future we could go into these pictures. What if we could open the doorway?

I mean lots of people try to open it every day. With meditation, astral perjections, the use of phycodelic drugs, maybe some people already know how to open the doorway. Thats probably why there are so many secrets within secret societys, so many monks swearing to a lifetime of silence, so many smart people learning life long lessons through "just a dream."

I was named after a dream, a very important dream. I'm sure most of us that have read into christian religion have heard the story of "Jacobs latter." The famous story comes straight from the Hebrew Bible telling how jacob dreamt of god beings ascending and decsending from a ladder in the clouds. How did this one dream become so historic and ritualistic, why didn't it become another "just a dream?"

Think about how important this dream came into our reality. Now almost everyone has heard about this story, and or speak about it within their religious practices? Why was this one dream taken so literal.

FUN FACT: Albert Einstein's theory of relativity was inspired by a dream whereby he was going down a mountainside ever faster and watching the appearance of the stars change as he approached the speed of light.
Take a look at these famous dreams: www.luciddreamlessons.com...

What about those dreams that become all to real. Those dreams that wake you up in the middle of the night, and you are sweating. Or the ones were you are falling and if you hit the ground your die in real life, but you wake up right before you hit the ground in a sorta jumping motion? Those dreams that effect you so bad you wake up crying? If you think about it, while you were asleep that dream was actually happening in real time, and to you, was very real. But we only dismiss it because we were asleep.

One dream I had was one of those jumping dreams I was talking about. He was an exact clone of me, and he said "Jake, I thought I was your best friend." It happened to me years ago and I still hold the mental image in my head. It was like looking in the mirror only in real life. I've had a lot of "shadow people" in my dreams, and also a couple of grey aliens.

Thats what made me make this posts. I went online to look up the meaning of aliens in dreams, trying to dismiss it as "just a dream." But how do I know I wasn't actually abducted, and that wasn't actually an alien? These alien dreams seem to be the most frightful, as I cannot speak or function easily when in contact with them.

One dream I had was also, a "Jumping dream" were I was literally levitated above my bed, with the blanket falling over my body onto the bed. I could not move, nor speak. I was still and suspended above my bed. My mind was racing and finally the force let me go as I crawled to the door. And then the door was locked, from the outside.

Could nightmares, and dreams really just be a form of imagination? I don't think so. Every night I get excited to dream, whether it is good or bad. Dreams can be so good and this world can be so blah. I don't see why they can't be real?

Sometimes I think about writing a book. I'm only 20 years old but find myself thinking like a scientist and wanting to tell others what I think about this life. I've always been this way, always wondering........ Please tell me your thoughts and if you liked it

edit on 24-3-2012 by jakupairs because: Sorry If my spelling is bad

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Let time and your continued introspective analysis distil your ideas. Time and practice makes kings of us all.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I enjoyed your post. I too believe that when we dream, we are seeing/experiencing other realms. I have had dreams just like you describe, knowing that it is more than what I "imagine." I even had a dream once where, when I was leaving a town, I thought, "they are looking forward to seeing me again, I will come back here." I haven't yet though. But I know I will. That is just one. Like you, I could go on with many more. Anyway, just wanted to post and show my support for your ideas.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jakupairs

thank you i'm glad you guys liked it! I wish I could write silly stuff like this for a living.....

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Great post.
I believe the astral is another realm, part of another one and so on.
Ultimately we all come from an energy source we which can't remember.
We're part of an ongoing experiment by us, beings who have come here to experience touch, sounds, feelings etc
We always come back because we're looking for the answer, but the answer is here, now.
That's what I think. I base my thoughts on Robert Monroe's evalutaion of reality and consciousness.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Dreams are indeed of value, in my opinion they often bring a message. I know well of the dreams that are etched in the mind forever, constantly popping up out of the blue. The impact of these dreams alone speaks for itself, these are the dreams that hold value. The challenge is in the meaning, and the perception is what awakens us into the understanding.

PLPL

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Great post!! S & F

I beleive that dreams are messages sent to us from THE conscience and that when we get to a certain stage of sleep, our senses open up for those things that we cannot see in ordinary reallity. As was mentionned in a previous post, the way we interpret them is an entirely different story. It is important to remember that everything in a dream is symbolic hence is not necessarily exactly what we saw.

We could debate all day what a dream would mean but the way I will interpret a ex: white dove in a dream, could mean something specific for me andnothing at all for you. Dreams are a mystery and I think that I am not alone when I say that they are a great subject for discussion.

Just my two cents!

Teye22

new topics

top topics

join