It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Importance Of Truth And Belief

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by absolutely

When you 'know' the truth of what you are.... you will not 'believe' anymore.
edit on 25-3-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

the truth of what u r is inferior to u mister, u r always more then ur truth

this is how truth is freedom and evil freedom is meant to b kicked out when it is as now fully unbearable growth by whole existence different part

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

wat u will never admit about truth while it is all the truth, that truth is only the plus, as only plus is, so constant mean plus

truth is exclusively freedom value in being superior sense always

u claim being against freedom bc u know being never true

stop copying words to sell smthg tht u know being for truth abuse

and stop meaning right by wrong, u reach evil dimension of wrong growth nothing to right at all

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

How can constant mean plus? Constant means not plus or minus. Constant is constant.
The words you use have been used before - therefore you are copying words but your words make very little sense to me.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

He/she is using an online translator, I believe.

I have tried interpreting before, but failed. I don't try anymore.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

I find it interesting that for lack of finding a flaw in the rest of the logic, you have chosen one grammatical flaw in order to invalidate the rest.

You make very little sense yourself, most of the time. Logic? When have you used logic?

Frickin' ribbit.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

'Knowing' is truth.
All seeing, all 'knowing' presence.

When you 'know' the truth of what you are.... you will not 'believe' anymore.

Ahhh...I have written on this topic before.

Most of the time, what we know is what we believe. We say we know something, but it turns out later we were wrong.

Knowledge has become largely taken for granted, even so far as to use the word "know" incorrectly. This is proven by those moments when we say to ourselves, "Oops, I was wrong. I owe an apology."

We have taken the definition of knowledge and replaced it with that of conviction, but retained the word knowledge. Everything is belief, or conviction...not everything is knowledge.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

How can constant mean plus? Constant means not plus or minus. Constant is constant.
The words you use have been used before - therefore you are copying words but your words make very little sense to me.

ur words are using sentences that have been written before, my words are mine clearly like anyone giving free opinion about present facts

for any normal non evil head here, it is obvious that constant is a plus, while u dont see but evil will in using constant word

what is constant is by definition more, since it inherently repeat its fact which become clear opening to smthg more

any average head know that, by repeating smthg to become expert of

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

There is a big difference between 'belief' and 'truth'. If you 'believe' then you do not 'know' the truth. When the truth is 'known' you will be free. Free from all confusion, you will never 'believe' anything again.
The truth shall set you free.
Belief will enslave you.

Thank you. You have lead us into the crux of the matter.

What if belief saves us from the chaos that would be triggered by truth? What if the truth would turn us into a irradiated wasteland, and belief is the illusion keeping the maniac in the straightjacket?

Would you rather have a peaceful delusion, or an apocalyptic reality? And harbor no doubts: truth is fully capable of delivering our race to a nuclear war on a global scale. Which would you choose? I would like ATS to answer this question.

There is a crucial point to be made in this discussion...the whole reason I have mentioned it, really...but I will wait until further responses.

I want to see what you say.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

I am not talking about knowing a fact. I am talking about the act of knowing. 'Things' are seen and known by consciousness. Intellectual knowledge is not 'knowing'.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

The truth is you are having an experience. You are here right now and that cannot be negated. It is the only thing that cannot be negated, it is the prime fact. Without that prime fact what other facts could there be.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I am not talking about knowing a fact. I am talking about the act of knowing. 'Things' are seen and known by consciousness. Intellectual knowledge is not 'knowing'.

My intellectual knowledge of gravity is not knowing? I'm quite positive there are many things we can state as fact, and prove at any given moment. These are things we "know".

How are you defining "knowing"? This may be the problem.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Are you hearing, seeing, smelling, tasting, touching? Are you aware of the enviroment around you?
You are the knower of life, the knower of thought, the knower of sensation.
You 'know' you are.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

The truth is you are having an experience. You are here right now and that cannot be negated. It is the only thing that cannot be negated, it is the prime fact. Without that prime fact what other facts could there be.

You speak of perception, not factual knowledge. Perception is everywhere, all the time. Factual knowledge is only as available and ubiquitous as we make it.

My existence has nothing to do with worldly facts. You must separate yourself and your mind from fact. Your only connection to fact is your experience of it. Since your experience and your existence cannot change that fact, you are an observer, nothing more.

However, since your perception rules your life, and your beliefs are based on your perception, and factual knowledge is limited by our intellectual grasp and observational capacity, we are largely controlled by our beliefs.

Factual knowledge is not experience. Experience is opportunity, an equation involving time, action and reaction, as well as the sensual data you take away from the encounter.The fact is the information taken from that moment in time. It is wise to remember these two things, while closely related, are ultimately separate. They are steps in a stairway, a foot placed before or after another.

If my existence was never brought to your attention, I would never be real to you. But does that invalidate my existence in general? It does not. Opportunity does not equate with factual knowledge.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Are you hearing, seeing, smelling, tasting, touching? Are you aware of the enviroment around you?
You are the knower of life, the knower of thought, the knower of sensation.
You 'know' you are.

I know I am because while I can endlessly prove I exist, you cannot prove that I don't exist.

An abundance of confirmation, combined with a distinct lack of contradiction, becomes fact.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
the word belief is active true move, the clear distinction of op is a mark of evil will

be lieve is the living move in being same of what u see while the epsilon e more between

when u force the concept of belief being a static subjective will out alone, it means that u force truth to b out static so u could pretend being superior to it

what could one believe other then truth? how could the word belief become a clear opposition to the term use as truth

it is amazing what one is forced to read constantly, believing what? believing in any use is exclusively meaning thinking that this is true

now for sure it is always relative to what is living as such
while the fact that there could b another truth living is clearly to confirm truth always superiority but that cant be opposite to what anyone believe being true

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ancientthunder

Hey toady, yeah I hear you, its easy to get caught in a rut regarding TrutH. to not do so means you see the whole truth. But its real hard to say the truth, the best way is to let the truth speak for itself. At least for me so far!!

The problem with letting the Truth speak for itself is kNot all have an eAr to see with nor and eYe to hear with, sew the Truth is n0thing more than writing on the chalkboard and/or audio recordings in the Skewl of the Deaf & Blind.

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely

u r the slave obviously while im the obvious free, since i am making sentences of my own out of everything and in logics ends respecting absolute terms condition of anything while u keep meaning truth from what u believe knowing or seeing to feel being involved through when clearly u step out of it so cant justify absolute condition existence of any fact

and insolent dirt evil result, now is not refering to u, when u r not even in time existence since im here too and others that are clearly opposite to what u r, and when time is by definition the opposite of now reference in truth, which is always true, so where existence is objectively the same always

while obviously, this time is to global collapses that u mean as rats and worms to get any food from, wait n see what food are u gonna get

Cause and Effect:

Your Cause = Conditions

The Effect = Blindness

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirLance

Hello. This is my first time using this medium has a means of communication. I'm using speech dictation software sometimes its mistakes are hard to spot because the content of the sentences changed, if that makes any sense. Basically if I say something you don't extend it might just be him... < yes like that. I'll try extra hard to be clear essay that argues truth in the Highest degree. How do I use this medium to set up discussion around the essay I'm looking for critical thinking both critical someone who can prove me wrong.

Though A less encompassing truth, your truth the greater it will limit you.

"The best way to never be wrong, is to never be right." - Old Toad Proverb

The best way to find critical thinkers to discuss pertinent subject matter, is to start a thread of the subject matter or join ongoing threads of that subject matter.

Welcome to this Medium of Communication.

Ribbit

edit on 25-3-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirLance
reply to post by SirLance

That is to say the less encompassing your truth the greater limits you put on your perception resulting in less potential in its demonstration. Kind of like defining God with limits or human personality traits It (GOD) it's limited by your perception of it. I am only limited by the belief potentially.

Simplicity is limitless limits so the less the complications, the less the limits.

Science/Peeps have complicated the simple and in dew'n sew, they've limited their own minds.

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by Itisnowagain

He/she is using an online translator, I believe.

I have tried interpreting before, but failed. I don't try anymore.

That would explain the incoherent nature of their werds.

Ribbit

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join