Dhs is sending my teenager to Japan is it safe?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

There is no safer Place in a Earthquake than Japan,
the Security Code from the middle of the 80ties demand
that a Building need to stand at least a Mag. 7,5 Quake,
Security Code for the 90ties is 8,0 and for 2000 a Mag. 8,5,
later on is a Mag.9 for the real big Buildings like Roppongi Tower and Midtown in Tokyo
or the Landmark Tower in Yokohama!

In the Quake of 03/11 400 People got killed by the Earthquake
and all the rest from the Tsunami!

A Earthquake in other Places of the World would be really fatal
but here in Japan it is relative safe!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

I respect what you are saying, especially as you live there.

In all honesty, I would not let either one of my kids go to Japan. I wouldn't let them go to South America or Bali or Thailand or Africa or Syria or Sudan or the Middle East... omg it is a huge list.

I could be wrong but I would rather not take the risk....and sure, they might miss out on some things... but don't ever doubt a Mother's intuition.

so whatever, however I feel in 'my gut' is what goes.

my gut rules the day

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Look, i grow up in a typical Expat-Family who traveled always,
we stayed mostly for 2 Years in a Country and moved to the next,
all the Memories of this Places make my Heart warm and comfortable,
i have a trust into the Humankind because i experienced
that the People are all the same, everywhere,

Of course there are cultural differences but they are not so important,
for a Kid or Teenager traveling is the best Experience and the best Education they can get!

To mis this because of a wrong Information is really stupid

edit on 26-3-2012 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
if it's dhs, then no it's not very safe at all

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
My cousin has been over there for about a year now with the US Army. He loves it! He even scaled some huge mountain there for fun..can't remember the name, it's still too early for me
He really likes it over there. His only complaints are with the Army...

I'd let her go. This is a chance of a life time. I wish I could have gone on our senior trip but my mom had twins and she couldn't afford for both of us to go.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by my1percent

Read this:

www.washingtonsblog.com...

and you want to send your daughter to Japan?

DON'T !!!
edit on 29-3-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Did you read the thread? She DOESN'T want her daughter to go, but circumstances as they, she doesn't have legal custody of her child.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
i cant believe what im reading in this thread....
seriously people, instead of screaming bloody murder about radiations in japan, try to stay informed...

Actualy, japan is safe,seriously , check the sources around the net, and see by yourself, instead of instilling fear stupidly without checking sources.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Went in 2009, amazing place.

After participating in the megathread since day one, seeing the measurements and data around the world, I would no longer recommend going to the northern hemisphere, let alone Japan. Your child is young and much more susceptible to radiation intake, strontium in bones, cesium throughout body etc. Geiger counters can't detect hot particles either, so somewhere that may appear to be safe could have hundreds of radioactive particles floating in the air in plumes.

We are all sharing the ever-floating, hot particle fallout from this disaster. Japan and US copped the brunt.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I just bought the tickets to return to Japan. I leave in 6 weeks. In Japan, we live in Iwaki, Fukushima. I'm perfectly comfortable with being there. My relatives, who have visited recently, looked their normal healthy selves.

If someone knows of a cheap, portable and reliable device for radiation detection, I can record levels as I cruise around. Even though I think the trains are already crowded enough in Japan, I will provide accurate results.

edit on 2-4-2012 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
If you don't have control of your daughter, then there is nothing you can do. Best to let her go with blessings and have the time of her life. Besides, you're damned if you do, damned if you don't. Either way, let go and have peace. Think positive and look forward to her safe return. Worrying never solved or helped anything and only shortens your life span.
edit on 2-4-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

If she is underage regardless of whether the parent has legal custody, the other parent can't legally take the child out of the country nor apply for a passport without written permission of the other. If the girl has a passport the parent can legally stop the child from leaving the country.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpzaino
Hells no it's not safe!!!! This is a massive coverup so don't believe these people that want to send your daughter into a massive pool of radiation.. Don't be surprised when she gets cancer 10 years from now...

KEEP HER HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone is still alive in Serbia after NATO bombings so i think she should be fine
some people have no idea what radiation is.

You will get exposed to radiation if your in the danger zone of it.

So i dont think Tokyo is in a threat of radiation as of yet.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
If someone knows of a cheap, portable and reliable device for radiation detection, I can record levels as I cruise around. Even though I think the trains are already crowded enough in Japan, I will provide accurate results.

Tamu-Samma,
connect with: blog.safecast.org...

As far as i can see your area is covered already very well
but maybe not in Mai, June and July 2012,
they can lend your one of the best Machines for Nada!

Regards and Welcome Home

Tokyo now since one Week under 0.10uSv/h
i will made a new Video after this horrible Typhooooooooooon is gone!

(here they send 8 Mio. Workers back home because of this Typhoon)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lasr1oftheJedi

Nothing bad will happen.

Surely it already happened? If they have found radiation from Japan at the other end of the world, what's the betting that a lot of the country is still contaminated? Still passing out radiation in fact. Don't believe all the guff about 'safe levels' (which were conveniently hiked upwards anyway). Young people are more susceptible and the problem with radiation is that the effects might not show till 30 years down the line.
Why do we think the rates of cancer worldwide are rocketing? Due partly to the frequent releases of radiation into the atmosphere that's why.
As for the effects of NATO bombings in Serbia one might like to google the terrific increase in malformed births and cancer. Sheesh...
www.globalresearch.ca...
rainbowwarrior2005.wordpress.com...
edit on 3-4-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

READ the thread, she is the custody of the state, like in foster care or whatever.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815
reply to post by FlyersFan

There are even more wrong Claims!

Tokyo had a horrific Air-Pollution back in the '70 and '80
but now the Air is cleaner than anywhere else/ Metropolis
and Kawasaki is in between Tokyo and Yokohama,
and not far away in the South-West!

I know this is an older thread and I am just going in to read some posts I missed but, have you been there? You always speak with such authority on any thread you post in. I am curious if/when you lived in Tokyo. Are you there now? If so, then you would no doubt admit that the pollution you see once you cross the Yokohama Bay Bridge is horrendous. Worst I have ever seen, next to Cairo. Tokyo is quite polluted because of all the cars jammed into such small spaces. That whole region is basically one big city. We used to get this black funk on our cars that you could only clean off with formula 409. That was just the air settling on the paint. Older CRT computer monitors would attract the black funk and you couldn't get it off. It really is quite dirty.

Heck, I remember how sick I got when I moved there. They called it the "Kanto Crud", named after the region. Everyone who moves there gets it and it lasts, well, for the entire time you are there. It is pretty nasty at first, lots of hacking and wheezing and spitting up stuff. Later it "calms down" a bit and you just kind of walk around with a permanent chest cold. Never a shortage of phlegm. This is year round, so it isn't an allergy or pollen thing. It is that funk in the air.

Multiple areas incinerators which would burn just about everything and blow that right up into the air, in the middle of a completely residential neighborhood. The stacks couldn't have been 300' tall. There was no form of reprocessing of the smoke, just blowing it all out there. Nasty stuff. There were always lawsuits trying to shut it down but hey, guess the Japanese got to get rid of their trash somehow. I think it was eventually shut down in about 08. People lived right next to it. Lots of birth defects and MAN did it STINK. You never wanted to be anywhere downwind from it.

Then there is the runoff. The little river we lived near was so polluted you wouldn't want to eat fish from it. It was ok for holding a BBQ, but no eating or drinking from it. There are a lot of factories along the river who have questionable dumping practices. I used to surf at the mouth of that river where it met the ocean. Had to stop, started developing some sort of odd lesions. As soon as I stopped surfing there, lesions were gone, never ever came back.

On top of that, I can assure you the Japanese are professional liars. They will do absolutely ANYTHING to save face. Because of this they will dump chemicals in rivers and decry it in public. They will pump pollution into the air so thick that it causes cars to get all black and funky while holding the "Kyoto accords" decrying pollution. (I saw a hilarious special on Japanese TV once that blamed all their pollution on China!) They will pretend their reactors are just fine, even though they are dumping tons of water on them every hour and it is all still very hot and they have no plan for how to shut them down anytime within the next 40 YEARS! That whole "honor" system only comes in to play when they get caught. Then they will bow profusely and spit all over the place apologizing. They will admit they have been lying all the time and because they will admit and bow until they break their back and make those crazy "Gomenasai!" faces you are supposed to forgive them. Funny honor system if you ask me.

People in Tokyo have radioactive pee. The fish are all contaminated and so is the seaweed. Just youtube some videos for yourself.

So, have, or do you live there?

ETA: I see a subsequent post which seems to elude that you live there. Good deal. So, you know what I am talking about for a fact.
edit on 13-4-2012 by Bakatono because: (no reason given)
edit on 13-4-2012 by Bakatono because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Bakatono

I am still here and know nearly all big Towns/ Metropolises and Megalopolises of this World
and i can say, with a pure Heart, that Tokyo is the most cleanest one!

There are also no Radioactive Isotopes in the Urine of the Citizens in Tokyo,
you must read something wrong!

It changed a lot in the last 20 Years.
edit on 14-4-2012 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Thank you for the link. I will contact them, and see what they have going on. I can't wait to get back to Iwaki, either. I didn't realize how much I miss it there until we started packing up and getting ready.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Wow - there is a lot of fear in these posts and also a lot of sensible advice.
Personally, I have lots of friends in Japan and given the chance I would love to go. If its a school trip, they are hardly going to take them there to scrub down the nuclear reactors. This would be a real experience for your child and a greatintroduction to an amazing culture and remarkably different way of life.
As far as other things go, Japan is super safe. Crime is very low (people leave their keys in their cars with the engines running when they pop in to the shops).
The food out there is healthy, lots of fresh fish (in fact most people lose a bit of weught in Japan as it a lot less fried and processed junk).
If your child wants to go then let them go, people aren't dropping dead from radiation sickness unlike sme of the unnamed Russian towns - just given a number on the map as they are so bad and they dont want anyone to go there. My father went to one town and there was a specific point on the river opposite an old reactor - about 5 minutes was enough for a fatal dose of radiation.
My friend in Tokyo, Kobe, Hiroshima and Osaka are all fine, perfectly healthy and do not want to leave their Japanese paradise.

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join