It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dhs is sending my teenager to Japan is it safe?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
** hello 1% my daugher was going to work in Japan last year, and i persuaded her it was too dangerous. the Fukushima disaster is still ongoing, and the government is seriously downplaying the severity. experts think in maybe 8 years ALL JAPAN will be technically uninhabitable. but of course the people have nowhere to go, and no inclination to leave their homes either, so everyone is trying to forget it is all around them. doctors even down the west coast of america are speculating thousands of cancer cases are already being caused from that far away. it is worse than Chernobyl, and so far NO methods of containing it seem possible. the whole ocean will be affected by the billions of gallons of contaminated discharge continuing daily.

** and you have had brain aneurism and continual tension, you poor chap !! hey listen carefully 1% and CALM DOWN please. NOBODY lives forever on this MORTAL planet, so your best solution is twofold (1) dont let her go (2) adjust your philosophy and hers to be Content to die - whenever and however it happens. maybe in 40 years time, or maybe next week, we can never be sure..... getting "run over by a bus" is not a joke, an 18 year old girl was squashed flat near me last year, shocking to look at. DO NOT CLING on to "Life", always be prepared to let it go, then you will relax and live with a more serious comprehension of the purpose of Mortality.

** Live day-by-day, and deal with it as it comes, and ironically you will start to feel better. the full theory is too complicated for this reply, just accept this works. keep away from religions, there is too much contamination in them as well - especially the big famous ones which seek primarily to dominate, terrorise, and get the money out of followers. develope your OWN belief system. read a bit about existentialism, but again do not accept all that either. make up your own beliefs and live by them courageously. Pagan nature and animal respect is the safest.

** ok good luck ! we will all meet on the "other side" one day, i will look for you
kaman

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Let my kid go to Japan after a nuclear explosion took place out there?
Not a chance in hell.
Wouldn't even cross my mind, automatic NO!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterKaman

Hi thanks and yes i agree and understand as i have had 3 near death experiences so im not so concerned with my own mortality and have a good amount of my own thinking and feeling faith. But i also have a six year old so i have to be here for her. Otherwise ive done and experienced a fair bit and have been told im an old soul so im reasonably tuned that way so i suppose i could nick off anytime if it were only me, dont worry about that. One time i had a thing happen and it was a very powerfull let me say he/she the allmighty is very very very angry and i think may wipe us out but then feels great commpassion so is still giving us time i probably shouldnt have said that because it will probably get someone annoyed or whatever. After i found out she was going toJapan i am a delayed reaction type i came on ats to ask as i know its disscussed on here we all need to talk and connect and bounce thing off others and now i have calmed down cheers and yes see you on the other side and thanks

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

thanks for your response yes this is my first reaction and probably the best and the one with the most common sense cheers

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
No offense, but... Are you insane? They won't tell you where she's going and you even have to ask??? I say No! A Resounding NO! I suspect trollism in this thread. But maybe I'd rather just think that because of the sheer horror indicated by the alternatives...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

I never read so much wrong Information
in one single Thread here on ATS.!

There is no danger at all for her to visit Japan,
there is no danger from Radiation
and there is a small danger because of Earthquakes,
but the Flight from Australia must be ca. 25.000 Times more dangerous
than a 20 Day Holiday in Nippon!
(combination of the known Risks)

When you need any Background-Information about the Radiation please let me know,
i can use Official, Governmental, Independent and my own Sources,
none shows a dangerous Level for Tokyo, not even strong increased,
at the moment we are at ca. 0.120-0.150Microsievert,
Pre-Fukushima was 0.065Microsievert/ hour, this is Peanuts!

The Radiation for a Round Trip from New York to Tokyo is 200Microsievert.
when we use the highest Dosage of the Average 0.150Microsievert/ h times 24Hours
we get 3.6 Microsievert,
to get the same Dosage of the Flight, the 200Microsievert, she need to stay 55 Days

knowledge.allianz.com.../radiation-threat-nuclear-fallout-harmful

There are bad Numbers in the North/ Tohoku but this Spots are well known
and are normally avoided by the People who do not need to go there

Don't let her mis this Experience and Adventure,
Japan is going on and we will never surrender, we will always do our best

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Hi i have been wondering what a troll is so i finally did a search on the ats search so trolls are muck stiring persons ta for getting me to figure that out been lazy

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I think you are quite right.

Excellent points.

I missed somehow, that the mother did not have legal custody.

Sigh.

Mom--our era has more than sufficient to fear and fret over.

Yet, Scripture has 365 "Fear Not's." One for each day of the year.

Learning to Nestle vs Wrestling . . . can be a challenge for all of us.

Probably your daughter would most appreciate your support and encouragement.

PARTICULARLY when we cannot change things . . . acceptance and trust in God is the best option, imho.

Worrying and fretting adds no protection to your daughter's trip.

Doggedly putting her in God's lap and hands in prayer would.

Please let us know how this turns out.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Thanks for the reality check.

There's sure a wide range of contentions available re the radiation stuff.

What about the crabs etc. in the gulf of Alaska?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical

The way you are talking you will attending a hearing, where you may or may not be granted input on decisions on her life? If that is the case, then there is some reason you don't currently have that input. With that in mind there is no way you should introduce anything conspiracy related at the hearing or to any official. Japan being a nuclear wasteland screams conspiracy, despite the possible triths involved. Don't fight this battle.

Excellent points.

The food is likely quite safe . . . though I wouldn't go asking for the poison fish dish. LOL.

It increasingly sounds to me like the wisest move is to bless her travels and pray through to a peace of mind about it.

Other options seem like they would hazard the relationship Mother to daughter far too much.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by my1percent
reply to post by Destinyone

Hi im supposed to show up next week and argue my case but the old saying money talks bulldust walks what hope have i got when they have crushed me so much if i show up they will kick me in the head again expression only

Praying for serenity, discernment, wisdom, insight, guidance . . .

then going into whatever meeting with as much confidence as possible . . . and a quiet wise demeaner

is probably the best one can mange.

It's not the best of all imaginable worlds from our perspective.

We do what we can and trust about the rest as best we can.

imho.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Tokyo and Olska are fine my mate lives over there he moved from Australia last year I think
Another mate has just recently been and he says he was fine they done allot of cheap drinking while he was there.

your daughter will be fine our embassy will get school kids out if anything went down.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I lived in japan for three years.
I'm VERY glad I'm not there now.

That being said .. it depends on what part of Japan you are being sent to and what time of year.
Earthquakes are always a possibility. We had some hummmmmdingers while I was there.
Tsunamis following earthquakes of course. Typhoons in the summer/fall.
Poisonous snakes in Okinawa. Chance of bad fugu (but I took the chance and ate it anyways).
Air pollution in Tokyo is horrid year round but it literally chokes you all summer long ..
And there is the coverup of the radiation around Tokyo, etc....

I would think the Southern half of Honshu would be okay for springtime travel.
Hiroshima ... Kyoto ... Kawasaki for the fertility festival ... should be okay I think for springtime.
Maybe a bit in the summer too. After that you get a chance of typhoons.
The extreme North - Hokkaido - in the Winter for the winter festivals would be nice.

I'm not so sure about Mt. Fuji though. That's really close to the radiation problems.
It's one of those 'must see' things when you are in japan. IT IS HUGE!
And the parks nearby are wonderful .. especially in the winter. Beautiful.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

While you as a parent have every right to keep your child home and play the role as the ever present and controlling helicopter parent always hovering around, please keep in mind, the more you enforce your control over your child, the greater the break in rebellion that usually occurs in later teenage years.

No argument there at all, except that protecting your child means monitoring the dangers and hazards they face as opposed to monitoring the child. The DHS is charged with providing security, so it should not be a difficlt question for them to be asked. In their place, I would expect thatsomeparents will want to know they are keeping on top of it, and one would rightly expect them to be preventive. The fact that this parent is fretting over this means to me that someone is lacking in communicating this to her. Given her medical history, someone should be an advocate for her. Maybe her representative could provide her with the information needed to calm her anxieties over this.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I'm not so sure about Mt. Fuji though. That's really close to the radiation problems.

No it's not. It's even further than Tokyo. To the OP. Your child will be fine.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

There are even more wrong Claims!

Tokyo had a horrific Air-Pollution back in the '70 and '80
but now the Air is cleaner than anywhere else/ Metropolis
and Kawasaki is in between Tokyo and Yokohama,
and not far away in the South-West!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
OP, I understand you are in poor health at the moment and worried for your child, any reasonable parent would be, but I think you need to think rationally about the situation you are in, and about the trip in general.

You are concerned for your daughter, and you have for whatever reason is your own, entrusted her care to the DHS which I presume is some kind of foster care administered by the state. You also said, that 99 children died in their care. I should think that these children, the DHS is probably not responsible for their deaths. I don't think any rational parent would entrust their most precious child to an establishment that had so many of their wards die in a year. Also, unless you know the circumstances of their deaths, it's not really something you should get a bee in your bonnet about.
Some people put their children into the care of the state if they have a severe dependent need for continual care which a parent sometimes cannot provide. The children who died may have had illnesses which attributed to their deaths.

Also, I do not think the DHS would take your child, or any child in their care to a place where they would not be safe.
It is absolutely your right as a parent to worry, and I think you should address your concerns when you get the opportunity, but as she is legally not in your care, I do not think whether you want her to go or not will change what happens. By all means, ask questions, ask where they are going.
I think you said previously that they have not told you to cause more hurt, and I think this is a bit silly really, because you are not looking at the situation with a clear mind. Sometimes when we worry we see things that may not be there, and blow things out of proportion. I honestly don't think information is being with held from you in regards to where they are going, but again, it is your right to ask.
When I have taken part in school trips, when the trip is in arrangement, there is a letter sent home with only vague details, "We are planning a trip to Wales/Spain/Canada" but until they make more final decisions, another letter would be sent later, "We a planning a trip to Cardiff/Barcelona/Toronto"

I think for now, until the time comes when you are able to put across your questions (and I'm sure you have many, write them down and take them with you!), concentrate on the child in your care, and try not to worry about the things you are uncertain about. You still have one person in your life that needs you right now, so try your best to be there for them, as much as you want to be there for your other daughter.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by my1percent

DO NOT SEND your daughter to Japan under any circumstances!

I'm also Australian and I've kept every news report on the radiation, coastal, drinking water & food etc......it's NOT good at all!

Australian MSN has not covered many reports on whats going on in Japan and have kept a tight lid on it away from the public here.
edit on 26-3-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

DO NOT SEND your daughter to Japan under any circumstances!

I'm also Australian and I've kept every news report on the radiation, coastal, drinking water & food etc......it's NOT good at all!

We may should walk together through all this Analysis
for a proper and faultless Interpretation of the Data

Should be not a big Problem for us!
edit on 26-3-2012 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

oh how scarey. I would not let her go. Especially with the issues Japan has had...and the issue that really bothers me is that they have 'covered' up a lot of the facts.

I would worry about the radiation levels there and also the fear of another catastrophic event. Earthquakes happen but it is their infrastructure that has problems and while their Govt are not forthcoming with just how fragile the infrastructure is... I would not let any of my kids go on holiday at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join