It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trayvon Martin: Brevard man arrested for threatening Sanford police chief, cops say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This is getting entirely out of hand...

John Carnduff Stewart, 68, faces a charge of written threats to kill or do bodily injury, a second-degree felony. (Seminole County Sheriff's Office)

A Melbourne Beach man upset by the Trayvon Martin shooting investigation was arrested Friday, accused of sending a profanity laced, threatening email to Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee Jr.

Seminole County deputies began investigating Thursday, after 68-year-old John Carnduff Stewart sent an 8:23 a.m. email to Lee with the subject line "Coming after you," the Sheriff's Office said.

"You and your family deserve to be hunted down and shot like a dog, just like Trayvon Martin," deputies said Stewart wrote. He called the Sanford Police Department "bigoted" and "unprofessional." "I have more weapons than your entire police department and I would love to use some of them to take you down," the email says. Stewart ended his message, deputies say, with his home address. "I dare you to visit my home or send one of your officers and find out exactly how long you or other police officers would last," says the short email, which was released Friday afternoon.

Article Source

I am afraid two wrongs don't make a right, inciting violence is A) not going to bring Treyvon Martin back regardless of the outcome of this case B) will not do anything but cause more unnecessary sadness and pain.

A surging, seething, murmuring crowd of beings that are human only in name, for to the eye and ear they seem naught but savage creatures, animated by vile passions and by the lust of vengeance and of hate.

~ Baroness Orczy

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

And he's white??? I smell a rat.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
"Two wrongs don't make a right" went out in the 60's. It was dumb then and it's dumb now.

You could have posted this in an existing thread. The behavior is nothing new or unusual.

Stop dancing on that kid's corpse. The bandwagon left hours ago.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

I smell a rat.

Would you be willing to elaborate?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

So "eye for an eye" then? If not, The police chief and his family deserve to be hunted down like dogs?

What then would be the alternative according to you?

Off topic, this thread is conducive to the topic yes, but also is showing how incoherently violent people can become based off of preliminary information.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Thinking he may be "working " with Sharpton and the Black Panthers....especially now that they have put out a $10,000 reward and want Zimmerman dead or alive....

I really think this whole thing is an example of "don't let a good crisis go to waste"...use it to control guns and push the racial tension agenda. Or maybe..hop on crazy train here...enact NDAA?

new topics

top topics

join